What's new

What do you want in Project64 ?

metalkobra

Happy Cat
like i said, i really dont have any complaints about pj64, its great, theres just a few problems and most of em arent really that big of a deal.

metalkobra

Happy Cat
oooh i just thought of another thing, dunno if its possible, but a speed up/toggle button like in the GBA and SNES emulators, so we dont have to sit through boring parts.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
oooh i just thought of another thing, dunno if its possible, but a speed up/toggle button like in the GBA and SNES emulators, so we dont have to sit through boring parts.

Or you could just press F4 to disable to speed limiter.

StirCrazy

X-Fire Showing in PJ64 as game and info on what game...

Using the SDK and a simple email to xfire can have this added
Xfire - Game SDK
the sdk is very basic with 3 functions usable one asking if xfire is running and rest are basicly unicode/ansi etc versions of the function to add the info to the application
i have used it some to test some different code in some dlls it would be very nice addition to the already great program.
there is an example on the page which shows about how easy it is all you would have to do is make a couple global variables or ones inside of pj64's main classes to store game name or whatever extra info you would like to add.
You could make it say.

Game Name: Mario 64
Project 64 Homepage : www.pj64.net

or whatever you could want which would mean free advertising almost via users playing and then they can use its features to track game time etc

Not sure if its already been mentioned but search for "xfire" and "X-Fire" didnt show anything on the forums here...

excuse the lack of grammer if MSVS dont complain i forgot something i ussually leave out all kind of things lol

Mad Tiger X

Mad as in insane, not angry.
as said before, I would love a code generator, or at least a hex viewer.

I would also like to get a nice little feature that will make a low buzz noise when the rumble pack would be active. It would help in games where you need it (Zelda Oot)...

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I would also like to get a nice little feature that will make a low buzz noise when the rumble pack would be active. It would help in games where you need it (Zelda Oot)...
You can use the N-Rage input plugin and enable the Visual Rumble. Only works in windowed mode and no sound though.

Bizket

We are considering new features that people would want in pj64 which are not in 1.6
So far the different ideas we have are these.
  • High texture replacement
  • Net play
  • Quick switching mempacks
  • Configuring short cut keys
  • 7zip support
  • Cheat Creation tools
  • Transfer pak for pokemon stadium
  • Save selected plugin per game
  • Backup instant saves
  • Better widescreen support
What things would you love in pj64 but we have never done?
u should put movie recording software on project 64 not one that goes straight into mpeg but one that records ur eevery move and when u press play it loads it from where u press record movie an starts to press the exact buttons u just pressed if u dont under stand wat i mean try out the emulator for snes called SNES 9X that has the programs i would like pj64 to have in movie recording / making terms hope u get this pj64 people ...ciao

mudlord

Banned
Automatic RDB Updater / Cheats updater

Seconded :).

One feature that I'm requesting to be added is framebuffer notification support. I'm not sure if this is already implemented into the PJ64 1.7 beta's emulation core, but it would be nice to implement it, to speed up CPU-framebuffer effects. Also, I'm wondering if it would be technically feasible to reimplement the "copy framebuffer to RDRAM" option, in Jabo's plugins, to use this framebuffer notification as well (similar to Glide64's "get FB info" option).

Tatl

*NEW LOL* ... But not.

I've been using v1.6 for years now, and I'm 98% happy with it. I would definately pay out of 1.7, providing that one addition was made. I would like an extra button added to the controller to slow the movement of the anologue stick, similar to NEMU64, e.g [Left Ctrl] = 20% Thanks!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't N-Rage do that? And it sounds like you have to pay for 1.7, :p which you don't. You can donate for access to the beta community, however. When finished, 1.7 will be free. But I'm sure you know that...