Page 28 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    if your going to change the texture filter i sujest that changed it to Smart Texture Filtering:

http://www.hiend3d.com/smartflt.html

and use hq3x for 2-d objects:

http://www.hiend3d.com/hq3x.html

• Advertising

advertising
      EmuTalk.net
      has no influence
      on the ads that
      are displayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    if your going to change the texture filter I sujest it should be changed to Smart Texture Filtering:

http://www.hiend3d.com/smartflt.html

and use hq3x for 2-d objects:

http://www.hiend3d.com/hq3x.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I dont want to make this thread into a defending-features one, but in terms of audio PJ outputs audio the same to your sound card as the N64 would to it's audio output.. if you have an audio receiver capable of decoding Dolby you can use PJ with that just like you would use your N64.

So automatically it's less of an "accuracy" issue and more of a wish list item, and last I checked dolby pro-logic is proprietary and patented decoding mechanism that I dont think is well suited to be in an emulator. Not to mention as smiff said, it actually is widely regarded among audio enthusiasts as simulated surround sound, ie, it's not very impressive.

Anyway it's a really cool idea all aside, and I can definitely see why someone would want PJ to support multiple speaker setups, maybe we can do something else that is similar in the future.

Thanks for the ideas, keep them comin!
    Last edited by Jabo; March 12th, 2006 at 02:59.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    3d Sterioscopic rendering support? I know NVidia graphic cards has support for this in some games but it doesnt work with the emulator. I know it can't be to hard to implament, its just a matter of rendering 2 channels overlayed, one with a camera slightly shifted to the right, and another with the camera slightly shifted right.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fast Forward

The ONLY thing missing from PJ64 that I've experienced and loved in other emulators is the ability to speed up emulation by holding down a button, to fast forward the game. I HATE sitting through the cutscenes at the beginning of Ocarina of Time..

Just Having Fun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    anoriega's statement made me think of something that could be a plugin-specific feature.

Jabo, your audio plugin allows "Sync game to Audio" while zilmar's does not (Are there other audio plugins that can be used in PJ64? I don't know.) which limits the FPS to match the audio speed. With this turned on, it makes "Limit FPS (F4)" a self-defeating feature by doing nearly the same job as I see it.

Since I try to always use Sync (the audio is more smooth for me using this over Limit FPS), if I want to speed through cutscenes as anoriega suggested, I leave "Limit FPS (F4)" turned off and I turn off Sync until the scene is over and turn Sync back on. However, the plugin option does not have a shortcut.

My idea: an OPTION in your plugin to turn off Sync when Limit FPS is turned off and back on the same way. By doing this, pressing F4 effects both, allowing the jump in speed some want for skipping cutscenes.
    When emulation is not enough, walk outside. I've been told it's a very interesting game out there.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quick-Key Cheat toggling would be cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chriharr
    I would not like to see support for .7zip because it is an extremely unstable archive format and Winzip and WinRAR native archive formats produce better compression etc.
    False. 7z may not be a completely stable format (though I would venture that is far more stable now than it was), but it almost always compresses better than Zip and usually matches or beats RAR. In fact, the extremely good compression ratio is probably the biggest reason why it's gaining in popularity.

There is also the advantage that 7z is an open source format (licenced under the LGPL) while RAR is proprietary.
    "Just remember, I'm the best. There's no one out there who can defeat me."

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One thing to have in project 64 is to have an FPS Limit Option as an alternative to Sync Game with audio, and another good thing to have is Auto CF (auto Counter Factor) like 1964 so games will run a lot faster and smoother, making Goldeneye, MK Trilogy, Quake2 and many other MUCH faster. You should give these features a try.
    Last edited by StrikerMan780; March 13th, 2006 at 00:27.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StrikerMan780
    One thing to have in project 64 is to have an FPS Limit Option as an alternative to Sync Game with audio, and another good thing to have is Auto CF (auto Counter Factor) like 1964 so games will run a lot faster and smoother, making Goldeneye, MK Trilogy, Quake2 and many other MUCH faster. You should give these features a try.
    Right now the 1.7 does have new version of "Audio Timing" Still needs some work, but should make you happy.

Page 28 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast