What's new

What do you want in Project64 ?

Acid_1

*nux fan
Hey. Id like to see auto saves. So it creates an autosave of the game every 5 or 10 minutes, because pj64 likes to crash on me... :p Anyhow, thats just what i think

Acid_1

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Just because the emulator frequently crashes on your system doesn't warrant hasty feature requests. Ask for help about the problem you have instead of requesting something that doesn't really make the problem go away. It's as if you won't even try to fix the problem.

Post your computer specs + video card and the plugins you use with Project64.

Last edited:

Tssss...

i haven't really tried other emulators for nin 64, so i don't have enough experience with them to make specific techie requests. but is there anyway we could make the sound better? sometimes it makes this kinda clicking noise at me.

Tenma32

Here's what i want :)

This doesn't sound too big, but it's REALLY important for me... Fix that glitch in Mystical Ninja 2 (The english version of Ganbare Goemon 2 - Deoru Dero Douchuu Obake Tenkomori), when i go underwater it goes all blocky no matter what plugin i use.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
i haven't really tried other emulators for nin 64, so i don't have enough experience with them to make specific techie requests. but is there anyway we could make the sound better? sometimes it makes this kinda clicking noise at me.

Did you try enabling Sync sound in the audio plugin options?

satyreyes

Whatever you end up changing/adding for v1.7, I want y'all to know that I really love v1.6. I just went looking for a decent N64 emulator a month ago, and at first I was encouraged when I saw how many emulators people have put together. But then I actually started trying some of them, and you know what? They're not very good. Even Nemu and 1964 are not very good. I was so relieved to fire up Mario 64 on Project64 and find it indistinguishable from the real thing. This emulator rocks.

Just as impressive are your support pages. Trying to use support pages is always sort of a desperation move, since they're usually tangled webs of FAQs that are organized incoherently and answer the wrong questions anyway. But yours are easily navigable and guided me to exactly the information I needed to solve most of my Pokemon Snap problems (except the one that you so far haven't been able to resolve -- but at least I know you tried!). Most products I pay for don't have such good support material.

So would some stability fixes be nice? Sure. Would I like to be able to finish 100% of Pokemon Snap? Of course. But mostly I just want to thank you for what you've already done.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
depending on the problem your getting with pokemon snap.

1 is the album after a level.. this can probably be fixed by modifying how the framebuffer works...

2. is that photo related events don't work,... this will likely be fixed via a gameshark code... its going to take time to find though...

hopefully it might be fixed in the core.. but don't get your hopes up

Iconoclast

I don't expect that there is a way this problem can be fixed that's worth any negative side effects of Project64 as a whole, but no emulator-plugin-configuration combination will fix those damn alpha issues in Bomberman 64. The game is, by far, still playable, so don't worry about it if it seems too much to work on.

I did think of one suggestion for this already fine emulator, but let's see if anyone likes this idea better than I do.... Maybe there should be a "Multiple ROM Images" dialogue? For example, when an user (why do they say "a user?") opens a ZIP or 7Z archive with multiple ROMs in it, Project64 should come up with a dialogue asking which ROM from the archive to open? This could be useful if an user organizes different country versions for the same game in each archive. Like, opening Super Mario 64, but the archive has a US and European version of the ROM inside the archive, so it asks which country version to open? So maybe just enable choosing a certain country version of the game within the archive instead?

A small idea that could be helpful to few, but just throwing this out there.

Doomulation

Nah, I find it easier to just zip 'em seperately. Will save you the time it takes to respond to the question and also allows you to organize 'em better,

Cheezyphil

megahuge gaming bwner
yeah, but if you can set a default for which rom the emulator selects from a .zip or .7z file, then you wouldn't have to choose every time, Right?

Doomulation

yeah, but if you can set a default for which rom the emulator selects from a .zip or .7z file, then you wouldn't have to choose every time, Right?

Extra work for such a simple thing :p Plus the organizing problem is still there, if you want to sort 'em by region.

Iconoclast

That's OK; I guess you're right. It's not normal to find anyone who actually stores multiple country versions of ROMs on their hard disks. My suggestion does shorten the list of ROMs to view, but it can be better to just view them all in PJ64's ROM browser so you can view all of their info at once. Not that hard to sort through, anyway; just press the first letter of the ROM you're looking for, and PJ64 takes you to it.

I'm really hoping, most of all, that Project64 1.7 does come out with NetPlay and the ability to assign certain plugins to certain ROMs. Very important, imo. Obviously, these suggestions were already added, so I'm already satisfied.
I want a new version.
lol...

Doomulation

Well, collectors do have all sorts of roms. Including the same game from all regions. And believe it or not, if you don't want a game to show up in a list, then put it in a different directory. It isn't harder than that.

SeymourOmnis

I want the emulator to be capable of emulating the Doduo/Dodrio GB tower (some of you might think that this is useless, but seeing as how an emulator can emulate another thing is awesome, isn't it?)

racecar101

I just want it to be able to emulate roms without crashes issues and having to change plugins and sift through forums trying to figure a way to run a rom.From what ive found only about 3 or 4 roms run well.