What's new

What do you want in Project64 ?

Dark Angel

Even so, the texture dump also dumps text letter by letter and not entirely the complete set put in the game. With a tile viewer, you can easily find all of the letters in it.

bullen

I would like to see the ability to edit keyboard shortcuts IE. F5/F7, F2 PAUSE Basicly the "F" commands to whatever you'd like.. So that users can call commands with their gamepads etc.

dcar

I want PJ 64 to work with more of the highest rated games (i.e. n64.ign.com scored 8 or better in the reviews section) many of their top rated n64 games dont work well or at all. PJ 64 does work with a ton of games, more than others, but I'd rather have it run the best games.

MisterAnonym

I would like to see a cheat finding tool.
And perhaps you could improve the way you can enter own gameshark codes (like in 1964, in the program and not in any textfile).

EmuNoviceUser

Just Having Fun
This is not directed at MisterAnonym. You just happened to bring it up last.

What is it people find wrong with the cheat system in PJ64 exactly? I don't see anything wrong with it. I can enter any codes that I want both while the game is or is not ruinning and they are saved and easily editable if needed. What is the complaint exactly?

Rice

Emulator Developer
Game boxart image support in the rom list

If possible, I would like to see PJ to support game boxart in the rom list, like surreal 64 done on XBOX. I think it is not very important, but could be cool. It will be even better if the game image size could be adjusted from a popup menu, or within the option dialog box.

Last edited:

albie_mcdonald

when I'm playing Zelda and I aim with the bow ect it would be good to be able to switch to the mouse, I know you can already do this using one of the input plugins but the nuisance of having to press some buttons each time is annoying and I was thinking maybe that the button you press to pull out the bow would be able to be set as the button that switches to the mouse but that didn't work out for me, plus that means when you assign the bow ect to a C button you would have to assign it to the same one each time, another thing would be using the mouse button to shoot the bow without having to change the C button. Don't know how you would do this but alwell lol.

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
attachment.php
zilmar i would love to see you implement the above idea. rather than showing the rom list in words. id would be great to show them in there original boxes as iv shown above!

EmuNoviceUser

Just Having Fun
I like that idea as well... but only as an option. If I have 30 ROMs in my list, I would rather see a list that can be read faster than scrolling through all of the box images which will take up much more room.

Agozer said:
Copyrights are still in effect and AFAIK they stay in full effect at least 70 or so years.

And if you ask me that's just retarded laws from an age long gone, any software too old for the market should be considered free for you to do whatever you want with as long as you don't sell it.
If Nintendo would go America on our ass we wouldn't have any of this and to be quite honest i wouldn't have the least interest in playing these games (i hate the controllers on N64, the stick to be exact, 'tis a slipper bugger and quality is shit, i know no one who've actually used them for more than 1 year without them breaking), i'm only here cause i like moding games to my liking.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Rurounin said:
And if you ask me that's just retarded laws from an age long gone, any software too old for the market should be considered free for you to do whatever you want with as long as you don't sell it.
Hey, I didn't say I like the laws anymore than you do.