What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Mario Kart Hi-Res textures

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
yeah i know
it's been that way for ever so far
i'll see if i can fix it

the rest of the game looks nice right?

Last edited:

lepascal

I just made some in-game character icons. I have no idea how to include them in the pack. Use them if you like them.

Edit: Ok, after all I found out how to do it. This is what I came up with.

I think I am going to redo the in-game interface. I still have to do the numbers for places five to eight (are shown after finishing a race), maybe the maps and the speed indicator (not pictured here) and the big numbers on the bottom left. And i'll have to tweak the alpha pictures a bit, those black borders don't look that good.

Last edited:

lepascal

Ok. I worked quite a bit on the in-game interface and this is what I came up with. I'll have to do more of the maps, I only did five because I didn't have the time to play through the whole game and dump all the files. If someone already dumped the mac pics, he can send them to me so I will include them. The Item Icons were originally made by Mazzocchi but I added a high-resolution border.

I also edited the Logo in "Moo Moo Farm". It was already edited and I made it a real nintendo logo. Use whatever you like best.

Mütze

Is anybody currently planning to work on the karts themselves? If not, maybe I would give it a go. Rebuilding them in a 3d modeler should not be too difficult and then all one had to do is take renders, alpha channel automatically included.

Thoughts?

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
lepascal said:
Ok. I worked quite a bit on the in-game interface and this is what I came up with. I'll have to do more of the maps, I only did five because I didn't have the time to play through the whole game and dump all the files. If someone already dumped the mac pics, he can send them to me so I will include them. The Item Icons were originally made by Mazzocchi but I added a high-resolution border.

I also edited the Logo in "Moo Moo Farm". It was already edited and I made it a real nintendo logo. Use whatever you like best.

ok rule #1 no game maps get edited in this pak
im sure ambar would like that way
y try to improve the perfect

amber and i shall have the final say of what is to go into this pak
ambar is still the owner of the mario kart 64 pak

i thank you for your input but it has to stay ambars

i'm not saying we can't play around with it

i just had to get that off my chest

btw
all the work is great :bouncy:

Last edited:

lepascal

ok rule #1 no game maps get edited in this pak

Yes, because of this I uploaded the logo in a separate archive. This was just a matter of personal taste. Use whatever you want, include whatever you want. I will never release the complete pack.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
it's not that i don't like your work it just ambar did a great job on them
please don't take it the wrong way
your work shows great promise

OP
A

ambar

Thanks all of you for continuing to improve Mario kart textures on this thread!
And thanks NES_player for taking care! You are my best friend on this site.
and the new character icons are great!

emukeen

The textures are great, but i have a problem with rice video 6.1.1 beta 10. In some tracks it flickers badly with numerous polygons, sometimes it's just like the pics below. Is there anything i can do to solve this problem?

OP
A

ambar

yaaa this problem sucks. I also have this problem. and i hate it, because I was never able to solve it.

A.I.

Banned
First I just want to say I love this add on pack. You've done an awesome job and really have put new life in MK. It's really opened my eyes to high res add ons.

The only trouble is Rice's 6.1.1 beta 10 sounds a little scratchy, especially with Wave Racer (I'm also using the high res add on pack with it too) so I'm using 6.1.0 which I don't have any problem (though its not perfect) with. Funny thing is 6.1.0 doesn't load all the textures, you see I added that extra add on pack of character icons and although 6.1.1 beta 10 loads all of it perfectly 6.1.0 doesn't. Why does 6.1.0 discriminate?

Also, the course Choco Mountain has all these white specks running through the ground. Is this a known bug?

But all in all I love it! :bouncy:

A.I.

Banned
NES_player4LIFE said:
i have never seen the "white specks" when i played 2 days ago

Well believe me they were there and I used 6.1.1 Beta 10.
Maybe it was gravel? :)