What's new

Disk burning help (yes, I read the FAQ)

obishawn

Here's my problem: the Burning FAQ is assuming that i am using Nero v5.5, but I'm not. I have downloaded a trial version of Nero7, so the instructions don't exactly line up with this version.

Here is the Nero7 main menu:
Nero7.jpg

Step 1 tells me to go to New Compilation. Since that isn't an option, I went with 'Make a Data CD," which leads me to this screen:

Nero72.jpg

Someone, please help me out here. The solution may be very simple, but all of this stuff is way over my head. Would it be easier to just go with Diskjuggler? If so, can I download everything I need from this site or is Diskjuggler a program like Nero that I'll have to find a copy of?

Any help you can offer would be much appreciated.

bcrew1375

Instead of going to Nero Express, you should be able to get to Nero Burning ROM by going to Programs under the Start Menu and looking for either "ahead" or "Nero" It should be somewhere in the folder.

OP
O

obishawn

Thank you so much, that is exactly what I needed. I have another question now, something the FAQ doesn't mention (probably because it is too obvious). Do I need to put either the NesterDC Version 3.0 Nero image or the NesterDC Version 3.0 Source Code (or both) in the GAMES folder?

Also, each of the ROMs themselves are in individual folders. To play one of the ROMs on my computer, I have to click on the folder, which opens it to reveal a readme file and then the ROM itself. Should I just leave the ROMs in their folders, or take them out and put them all in the GAME folder?

And one last thing, what about this boot image thing I keep hearing people talk about? Should that be on a separate disk?

OP
O

obishawn

Guys, I dont' mean to be annoying, but could someone answer my questions? I wouldn't be so persistant about it but I have a trail version of Nero 7 that will expire soon.

Ashitaka96

Instead of going to Nero Express, you should be able to get to Nero Burning ROM by going to Programs under the Start Menu and looking for either "ahead" or "Nero" It should be somewhere in the folder.
I'm using Nero 7 as well, but I don't have ether of those folders.