What's new

DeSmuME 0.0.3 WIP - Compatibility List

Low Lines

I did a quick search on EmuTalk but cam up with nothing, so I assume that there is no DeSmuME compat list in the making yet, so I'll start it here on sigloiv's request. Cyberman, you can move this if you want, but I figured it would be harder to find if it was in the General Emulation and it is or will be related to the stuff I've been doing for iDeaS.

Anyway, first game (I do have more, but I'm a little busy at the moment) and yes Rockmangames, I know you've already mentioned it...

Super Mario 64 DS (U)
Not Playable
intros only

If no one beats me to it, I'll post a few more in later, but I'm sure this ought to take off once the right people find it...

and sigloiv, I'm glad you've asked for help cos these things a pretty hard to do by oneself. Oh and I can't remember who said it (and I'm too lazy to go and check) but it was said that a complete compat list could be done in 2 or so days...Anyone willing to prove that theory??
:bouncy:

Musiolik

0142 - Metroid Prime Pinball (U)(Mode 7) - crashes emu
0223 - Animal Crossing - Wild World (U)(SCZ) - black screen, don't work
0048 - Mr. Driller - Drill Spirits (E)(Trashman) - playable with graphics error, about 15 fps
0013 - Yoshi Touch & Go (E)(Eternity) - don't work, black screen
0002 - Need For Speed - Underground 2 (U)(Trashman) - don't work, black screen
0017 - Ridge Racer DS (U)(Lube) - shows only logo
0079 - Bomberman (E)(Trashman) - shows only Ubisoft logo
more will come later

galning

Just filling in some gaps :)

0001 - Electroplankton (J)(Trashman) - dont work, black screen
0003 - Yoshi Touch & Go (U)(Trashman) - shows only nintendo logo
0004 - Feel the Magic - XY-XX (U)(Trashman) - dont work, black screen
0005 - WarioWare Touched! (U)(Trashman) - intro and menus, graphics errors
0006 - Polarium (U)(Trashman) - fully playable
0007 - Puyo Puyo Fever (J)(Trashman) - intro and menus, graphics errors
0008 - Pac-Pix (U)(Trashman) - dont work, black screen
0009 - Space Invaders DS (J)(Wario) - shows Taito logo, then black screen
0010 - Cool 104 Joker & Setline (J)(Wario) - intro and menu, graphics errors
0011 - Guru Guru Nagetto (J)(Wario) - intro and menus, graphics errors
0012 - Asphalt - Urban GT (U)(Wario) - dont work, black screen
0014 - Pac-Pix (E)(Eternity) - dont work, black screen
0015 - Catch! Touch! Yoshi! (J)(Wario) - shows only nintendo logo
0016 - Meteos (J)(Wario) - intro and menu, graphics errors
0018 - WarioWare - Touched! (E)(Wet 'N' Wild) - intro and menus, graphics errors
0019 - Mr. Driller - Drill Spirits (U)(Eternity) - playable, graphics errors
0020 - Chokkan Hitofude (J)(Eternity) - fully playable
0021 - Project Rub (E)(GBXR) - dont work, black screen
0022 - Super Mario 64 DS (E)(Wet 'N' Wild) - intro only
0023 - Star Wars Episode III - Revenge Of The Sith (E)(Trashman) - dont work, black screen
0024 - Robots (E)(Trashman) - dont work, black screen
0025 - Super Mario 64 DS (J)(Trashman) - intro only

Musiolik

0088 - Advance Wars - Dual Strike (U)(Lube) - don't work, black screen
0089 - Nintendogs - Chihuahua & Friends (U)(Lube) - don't work, black screen
0103 - Meteos (E)(Wet 'N' Wild) - show main menu, if you press start it freeze
0105 - Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow (E)(Legacy) - show only, the first graphic, the freeze
0110 - Lost in Blue (U)(Legacy) - pass the logos, freeze at "sky"
0114 - Lunar - Dragon Song (U)(Legacy) - main menu with major graphic bugs, if you select anything it freeze
0119 - Pokemon Dash (E)(Trashman) - show game logos with grapic errors then freeze
0133 - Madagascar (E)(Trashman) - don't work, black screen
0168 - Mario Kart DS (U)(SCZ) - don't work, black screen
0176 - Sonic Rush (U)(Legacy) - goes ingame with graphics error then freeze
sry 'bout my english, i'm from Poland :p
other games, I will test later

DeathRain99

Sorry I haven't been up to stuff recently, between adding more screens, fixing the existing ones, and testing. Between my social life and music, I haven't had much time for emulation. :doh:

0285 - Snowboard Kids Party (J) - Hangs on White Screen
0269 - Dragon Booster (U) - Freezes up before the menu
0288 - King Kong (E) - Black Screen
0071 - Tom Clancys Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory (U) - Black Screen
0292 - Bleach DS Souten ni Kakeru Unmei (J) - Black Screen

Great emulator, really. It can do 3D, and touchscreen is emulated perfectly with Polarium. iDeas has yet to do this, but the next version I'm such will be better. :) More will hopefully come later.

sigloiv

Looks good people. I'll go ahead and post all of this to the xml file. I'll also be filling in the blank spaces. Keep up the good work. :)

EDIT: Two things: One, I got different results than whoever did 0176 - Sonic Rush (U). My copy is a 0177 - Sonic Rush (U) that's checked for MD5 by Nintenren and with it, I got a black screen. If you could post a screenshot or two of the game in action, I'd really appreciate. That leads me to my second item. Make sure everyone verifies their ROMs with either Nintenren, the Pocketheaven ClrMame dat, or the Romcenter ClrMame dat.

Oh, and one more thing: I would really, really appreciate it if everyone could test some of the later roms. I have most all of them, but I'm working from 0001 on...Thanks!

Last edited:

DeathRain99

A few more...

0300 - Hippatte! Puzzle Bobble (J) - Bad graphic errors, freezes when going ingame.
0112 - Trace Memory (U) - Black Screen
0176 - Tony Hawk's American Sk8land (E) - Black Screen

Good luck with the XML file :)

sigloiv

Thanks DeathRain99. Please read my edit...I forgot to refresh to see that you posted. Heck, I'll just quote it.

sigloiv said:
EDIT: Two things: One, I got different results than whoever did 0176 - Sonic Rush (U). My copy is a 0177 - Sonic Rush (U) that's checked for MD5 by Nintenren and with it, I got a black screen. If you could post a screenshot or two of the game in action, I'd really appreciate. That leads me to my second item. Make sure everyone verifies their ROMs with either Nintenren, the Pocketheaven ClrMame dat, or the Romcenter ClrMame dat.

Oh, and one more thing: I would really, really appreciate it if everyone could test some of the later roms. I have most all of them, but I'm working from 0001 on...Thanks!

Thanks for the luck...I'll need it. ;)

Paull

0114 - Lunar - Dragon Song (U)(Legacy) - got ingame with major graphical problems
0121 - Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow (U)(Legacy) - plays through the opening animation
0122 - Trauma Center - Under the Knife (U)(Legacy) - gets to menu screen
0127 - Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney (U)(Legacy) - playable with graphical problems

Last edited:
OP
L

Low Lines

If I might just say,
This thread is to help sigloiv with his work on an XML list that would work in the same way as the iDeaS one. The only reason it is here and not wherever is because it is somewhat linked to the work being done here in this forum.
But if you disagree, that's all fine, just don't bother us or anyone about it, or complain to the Moderator if it is such a problem to you...

Musiolik

small correction: 0177 - Sonic Rush (U) - shows game logo, goes to main menu, then freeze

I don't know, why yesterday it works ingame and today only show menu

sigloiv

Alright, this is just weird. My copy is 67,108,864 bytes. What's yours? I think I might I have a nuke or something.

Clements

The valid decrypted Sonic Rush (U) (M6) image has the following information:

Size: 67108864 bytes
CRC: 0x3d630830
MD5: 0xbd4dcf6ad27de0e3212b8c67864df0ec
SHA1: 0xbc617530bb9b6e4179f2e54d7816c38676812dde

Musiolik

My is 67 108 864 bytes
When i started rom, i pressed twice start(enter) and rom goes to through logo and to menu.

Evrain

The Forbidden One
I must say I am impressed with this emulator, very impressed, even just for the excellent touchscreen emulation.
Many kudos to YopYop.
Evrain