What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Another ZeldaOOT Hi-Res

Unusual_Rex

珍しい&#2957
Nintendo3000 don't stop I use MS paint alot for my textures and Microsoft Photo Editor and HARDLY ever PhotoShop keep working on it and you'll get better. Also people by bashing his work do you think that make him feel any good? Just tell him what to fix up.

bagmcmuffin

Genitals meet Breakfast
I agree with Djipi. I have never seen wreckless disregard for a person's feelings as I have in this thread. He's trying hard and wants to contribute to the scene. It's also his very first try at doing textures. It's very difficult to learn without feedback and I think this would be a perfect place for him to get feedback. But not one person gave any constructive criticism. Only comments ridiculing his work and telling him he has no talent! Who the hell tells a person they have no talent?! That is truly horrible. Nintendo3000, I sincerely want you to reconsider and continue with this project. It's the best way for you to learn how to become better at it. And if you can make things look good using MSPaint, then you've got some serious talent. Keep it up boss.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Nintendo3000 said:
News: Project Active.(I don't have anything to do so i need something to do)
V.0.3 Download \/
Wow, i actually like that. You do have talent, keep it coming!:bouncy:

Vanit

Okay, I'll start my comments anew in a more friendly nature and will share some of my overall philosophy on retexture projects. I've always thought to myself that simply raising the resolution is a bit pointless and that its time better spent redefining the style or, as in my case, changing the language. There is a purpose, to change the feel of the game rather than reducing jaggies (which is boring and nerdish :p).

Anyways there are some things I honestly like about this project and some things I think, like all beginners, you need to work on. As others have said, there is a childish-cartoon like style coming through which looks really good in areas, but you need to work on the execution a little bit. As I stated previously, your animation for Link's eyes and mouth isn't very fluid and infact changes style through each frame, giving an erratic look which I referred to as resembling a certain disorder :). Your skills in animation are definitely a weak point and with practice, as you are doing now, it will improve. Also you should consider the purpose of changing the style. Some might not understand what I mean, but for example I don't see why you would change the buttons to stars other than because you could. If you were to go to my website and went to the hacks section you would find an old oot hack of mine I was working on a few years back by proper graphics hacking. It was a really crap idea about making it talk about monkeys instead of the real plot and I only did it because I could and others couldn't. For similar reasons a lot of young people make websites because they can, but don't have any content aside from maybe a poorly designed fansite (I think all of us have been there, as was a previous incarnation of my website). The point of all this being try to put some thought into the textures you change and don't just change them to another symbol because you might think a full retexture pack would require you to replace image, but thats not true.

Anyways thats all I want to say for now and I wish you good luck on the pack :).

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Thanks Vanit, for making more positive responces. I guess we two got a wrong start, so i hope it goes better this time.And Nintendo 3000, great work!;)

OP
Nintendo3000

Nintendo3000

Zelda Gamer
Sorry, I forgotten about this project... :(
But now i remember it agian.
I've done a little more [screenshot under]
Soon i maybe upload my work...

But this i what i've done i the lastest hour

M[u]ddy

Nintendo3000 said:
Sorry, I forgotten about this project... :(
But now i remember it agian.
I've done a little more [screenshot under]
Soon i maybe upload my work...

But this i what i've done i the lastest hour
Not bad but I think it looks a little to mixed up.
Perhaps you could arrange is in a more consistently way.