What's new

New Gamecube Emulator with amazing speed.

chichi

The "best" speed-wise GC emulator out there is here ! (tho the compatibility kinda sucks atm, and there is no sound, it's an early stage of emulation i think but still, the speed of this emu is stuning!!).

Have a look : http://sourceforge.net/projects/gcemu-project

source : http://www.ngemu.com/

Maybe one day the great Dolphin emulator will become as fast :drool:

*wants an emu with the speed of GCEmu and the compatibility of Dolphin*

sorry for the bad english *hides*.

[edit]Errr this is maybe not the ideal part of the forum to post this.

Last edited:

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Shit... I'm impressed. Can't believe I havn't seen this before. I'm amazed this thing can work as fast as it does. Crashes in the intro to SMS, but the speed is just stunning - 10X of what I get in Dolphin.

LegendOfStern

Sure, it seems fast, but the compatibility is an issue. I just recently updated to the newest nVidia gfx drivers, and I can't use gcemu because my drivers are too new. Surely, that's a problem that could and should be fixed.

Also: Looking at the readme, it seems that the Dolphin developers swapped source code with these guys. Will this code be integrated into Dolphin to make it faster?

Miretank

Lurking
Yeah, nice GCemu out there... but hey, afaik it runs that naruto thingie faster than dolphin does it... will the noobs stop to ask about naruto's fps now? :evil:

Btw, this does not belong to Dolphin forum... ;)

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
it doesn't work too . I have an error : can't open font lucida16.yay

I would like to know how it work because i use gcemu + iso.gcm and i have this error . is it compatible with windows?

Xtrash

Real Noob
First I got error message cos file extension was iso so i changed to gcm. seems working but i got black screen nothing appeared. And there was frame rate shown: 14 frames per second. Dunno whether it will still run with 14 fps if it runs the rom correctly. I tested with ZeldaWW

Last edited:
OP
C

chichi

You need to know MS-Dos command basics :

Here's a little help with my few english vocabulary :

On windows xp :

Start -> Run -> cmd
then you specify the path of the emu using the "cd" command, for example if your emu folder is at c:\program files\emu\Gamecube\GCEmu, just do in the ms-dos invite : cd c:\program files\emu\Gamecube\GCEmu.

Then you should have something like this :

c:\program files\emu\Gamecube\GCEmu>

type : gcemu, then all commands appear.

To launch a game, we will do it the easiest way possible, copy the iso of your game in GCEmu folder (for example : naruto.gcm), then just do in the ms-dos invite :

c:\program files\emu\Gamecube\GCEmu>gcemu naruto.gcm

it will launch your game.

Sorry for the bad english =]

PS : Under ms-dos mode, use the "dir" command to browse the folder/files in a path.

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
LegendOfStern said:
Sure, it seems fast, but the compatibility is an issue. I just recently updated to the newest nVidia gfx drivers, and I can't use gcemu because my drivers are too new. Surely, that's a problem that could and should be fixed.

Also: Looking at the readme, it seems that the Dolphin developers swapped source code with these guys. Will this code be integrated into Dolphin to make it faster?
From my guess - this would be another uhle. That is, lots of hacks to make it fast! That will probably mean low compability and as compability improves, lower speed. I could be wrong, though...

Not saying that it's bad to use hacks to achieve such speeds, though!