What's new

New Gamecube Emulator with amazing speed.

ChaosCode

Low Lines said:
Thanks Psyman, and sorry if I sound a bit panicky. I do hope the author gets motivated again, so they can look at GUI and stuff like that.

Oh bugger, that bloody shader problem...sigh, never mind, I've still got Dolphin and Dolwin, besides I have other things to do...

Actually, Iv already created a working front end for it but it is very basic. I do plain to release it when I get a few things added like joystick keyboard binding.

Low Lines

Man I wish I could program, (though I ought to know sooner or later). I find it very fascinating what people can do with a bit of code and a nice hardware setup. Good plan though!!:bouncy:

_Chrono_

aka Chrono Archangel
ChaosCode said:
Actually, Iv already created a working front end for it but it is very basic. I do plain to release it when I get a few things added like joystick keyboard binding.

ahh great :)
I was gonna see if i could make one this weekend but im not really motivated...
so cheers :party:

64fanatic

update..

For those of you who were having a problem loading games with GCEmu, you will definitly like this. @ruantec-man, who is know for his Emu-Selector, made a frontend for this new GameCube emulator. It will associate .gcm's with GCEmu and will load them with all the selected settings. Here are important notes from @ruantec-man:

1. Do not place the manager in the same directory as GCemu as will not work. anyways you can load the emupath in the GCemu Manager main window.
2. After you associate the .gcm files just click 2x on the .gcm file to open them!

Code:
http://files.ngemu.com/gc/pics/aruantec_s.jpg

^screenshot

------------------------------

This helps :)

BlueFalcon7

i got it up and running, i wasnt as impressed as i was hoping to be :-( but it still works with SSBM, the points are a little messed up o_O but im always up for a little slo-mo melee. also someone said they got MKDD working, i just got a black screen.

spotanjo3

I think the dolphin team will. They are into the compability games to increase first. We will have to be patient and just excite looking at new games playable in screenshots anyway. ;)

enix-sama

Tried naruto today and got this error:

tested in dolphin earlier and it works fine, so i guess its not compatible, or my pc sucks.

Trotterwatch

enix-sama said:
Tried naruto today and got this error:

tested in dolphin earlier and it works fine, so i guess its not compatible, or my pc sucks.

It's your video card, needs to support Fragment Shaders I believe (PS 2.0/GL 2.0 level).

tehdarkknight

StepMania Addict
I tested Ikaruga, and got a steady 15 fps.
Of course, then it goes 1000 fps at menus =P

Nice work, but Ikaruga's color is seriously goofed up.

Some piktars:

Komplikato

esepibe said:
Nvidia geforce 4 4000 64 mb ram =p

By the way...its a pentium4 3.0 ghz,with 512 mb ram DDR II...

GeForce 4 MX (not Ti!) series (420, 440, 460, 4000) is not DirectX9 compliant, it is only DX7 (yes only DX7) compliant card. This card series is a mutant GeForce2 MX, do not support DX8.0, DX8.1, DX9a-b-c and Pixelshader 1.1-1.3-1.4-2.0 ...

GeForce 4 Ti (Titan 4200, 4400, 4600, 4800) series is DirectX 8.1 compliant card, and this series support PixelShader 1.4 only.

A_Nemos

Komplikato said:
GeForce 4 Ti (Titan 4200, 4400, 4600, 4800) series is DirectX 8.1 compliant card, and this series support PixelShader 1.4 only.

1.3 ps not 1.4 (8500 ,9000,9100 9200 9250 have 1.4)
and so they (geforce4 ti series) are in fact DirectX 8.0 hardware compliant
(DirectX 8.1 needs - Pixel Shader 1.4 & Vertex Shader 1.1 capability)

A_Nemos

Doomulation said:
They DO support pixel shader 1.4. I have one myself.

we are going offtopic arguing about retro hardware specifications so i will give
a short (-spartan) and last answer :

Battlefield 2 .

:gunman: :bye3: :D :D :D

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Doomulation said:
They DO support pixel shader 1.4. I have one myself.

Wrong. Try HL2 in DX 8.1 mode if you want, or Battlefield 2 as mentioned above. Seeing as you are always correct though Doomulation, you may want to notify the whole Internet who are in the wrong. Maybe start with Futuremark:

http://service.futuremark.com/support/search.jsp?cid=2&fid=1111

Anyways to all the people in this thread who are saying the Dolphin others should take code from this emulator and vice versa, believe me if there is anything that is mutually beneficial to the aims of all parties, then it will be done. It's not as easy as just taking lumps of code from one and putting it in the other and expecting it to function (I would imagine at least).

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Trotterwatch said:
Wrong. Try HL2 in DX 8.1 mode if you want, or Battlefield 2 as mentioned above. Seeing as you are always correct though Doomulation, you may want to notify the whole Internet who are in the wrong. Maybe start with Futuremark:
Maybe something is amiss, maybe I'm wrong. I don't claim to always be right, but there is no point in arguing over it. Gf4 Ti are old anyway.

Scar_T

Some screenshots of Skies of Arcadia (the only game I have to test). It doesn't even reach the menu, it only shows the companies logos (sega and overworks) and after that a GSOD :p

Last edited: