What's new

New Gamecube Emulator with amazing speed.

GCFreak

EDIT: Here are some shots of SSBM In work.

Super Smash Bros. Melee (PAL) Ingame :drool: (Change Language)

Last edited:

ChaosCode

Well, I have to say hrmm becuase Iv seen some screen shots of some games and ingame they are like 5-10 fps. The reason Im saying hmm is this dolphin first release had this speed and better and it didnt have that many graphics problems. I think the reason this emulator is faster is becuase its not emulating everything and the graphics arnt all there. I beleave that if they fixed alot of the stuff wrong with it the speed may drop alot more. Im not sure I havnt run it but thats what it looks like. I meen its a sweet looking emulator tho!

Last edited:

esepibe

Help!! i made aaall that stuff...

But when the game its initiating,a message appears:

"Missing Shader Extention" :(

I suppose it has to do with the Gfx plugins...where do i download plugins for this GCemu??

Thnx to all :)

Last edited:

Knuckles

form what I tested:

-SSBM : runs faster ingame, but graphics are really a mess
-Sonic Mega Collection : hard to get thru, but you can start a game, it emulates the emulated game but hardly
-Harvest moon : same speed and graphics as dolphin
-Donkey Konga : runs nice, and damn fast with almost perfect graphics.
-MKDD: 3d messed, 2D not bad, kinda fast but you only see the screwed shadow bug ( as on dolphin)
-Nintendo Puzzle Collection : works a tad faster than dolphin, low quality 2D but stables
-most other games I have aren't doing shit.

Talfi

www.talfi.net
esepibe said:
Help!! i made aaall that stuff...

But when the game its initiating,a message appears:

"Missing Shader Extention" :(

I suppose it has to do with the Gfx plugins...where do i download plugins for this GCemu??

Thnx to all :)

Same problem here...

¿nVidia or ATI?

this emu has an incredible speed, but all the other things areCRAPPY
if the authors of this emu shall join the dolphin team, dolphin gets a perfect emu(so i think)

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
The source is there and everyone can take a look at it. I though that you guys wanted speed over compatibility and accuracy. What's the problem now?

esepibe

Trotterwatch said:
GF4 TI doesn't support Pixel Shader 2.0 (or GL 2.0).

:vampire:

...ok,that was the drop that filled the cup...:getlost:

:ranting: REEEAALLY TIRED OF MY CRAPPY CARD:ranting: (with ALL the problems that bringed me through an entire year!!)

GONNA SAVE FOR A PCI EXPRESS CARD FROM TODAY!!:gunman:

...sorry for that

Thanks for the answer man!:bouncy:

Low Lines

Gamecube Emu Fan In Need!!

:(
I know I've already posted this in the release comments, but I figured it would have a better chance at being answered if I posted it here.

Can anyone tell me about SSE2 and how do I know if my computer has it? I'm guessing it doesn't, which means I can't test the emulator...I hope there will be possible OS versions that I could use (though I'm guessing SSE2 is where the speed is coming from). PCSX2 has this thingo too, though I haven't really looked at it much since I have few games in which to test on it.

I have honestly been going through the forums here and at NGemu, but there's nothing directly specific to answer this and also the program seems to have another problem that I'm sure was mentioned earlier but not answered.

It says it could not open a font file with an extention I think was ".yay" or something. I'm sorry if I've missed the answer, but I really want to get this emu working and see it for myself, (regardless if not having SSE2 makes it run slower).

Another thing I asked in the NGemu forums if anyone knows how to write a ".bat" runtime file. I did one once, but forgot how to do it and I'm sure it would be way easier than to use dos. ie you could write a ".bat" for each game. Cos where I stick my games, I have a very long _root link and I don't want to move them about.
:(

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Don't panic. The emulator uses SSE2 but it's not required to run it.

You will get this font error if you try to run the emulator from another folder.
So, place the .gcm files you have in the same folder as the emulator, open the command prompt and go to the directory of the emulator, type "gcemu.exe name_of_the_game.gcm" and you're done.

Low Lines

Thanks Psyman, and sorry if I sound a bit panicky. I do hope the author gets motivated again, so they can look at GUI and stuff like that.

Oh bugger, that bloody shader problem...sigh, never mind, I've still got Dolphin and Dolwin, besides I have other things to do...

Last edited:

Mekun

The reason they released the source code is so other people can build a GUI and improve it. They are good at optimising the cpu core not the graphics side of the emu while dolphin is better at the graphics side. I hope the dolphin team can use the code to help speed up there emu.