What's new

Metroid Prime CMDL Viewer (still working on it however)

metroid5

hmm could you get one more direclty the front sorry for bothering you like this i need to model a space pirate and i need at least 5 -6 ref pics to make sure it looks good like front back up down lol all around and maybe some other enemies too plz i thank you very much for your help :)

Last edited:
OP
SarahHarp

SarahHarp

Level Geometry is very similar to Model Geometry, but not quite the same. I just havn't actually programmed my viewer to be compatible with them, yet. I did display those files in terms of vertices only, and I'm pretty sure I can see some levels : )

This is the only ref I have of the front that I've alreadt taken. Sorry, don't have to time to load him up again and take screens ._.

Last edited:

Lightningxce

So many mods o_o

I'm currently working with a small team on a Metroid modification for Halo CE as well, ( www.playmetroidonline.com ) and we've come quite a long way from the beginning as you can see from the renders and videos posted on the site.

Metroid5, all of the work except the mother brain model, and the levels from HL2 are our work, not "yours".

teo95gr, We do. -^___^- It isnt the smartest at the moment, but it will randomly charge at you and "stick" to you, causing damage.

Last edited:

metroid5

lol well no not right now i'm not worried about the metroid part just yet we are getting the weapon coded and the morph ball coded in its almost done i just got back from camping and i'm gonan start modeling that space pirate and yes i know ur from metroid source you asked me to help you guys out on moddb i said i would help out just tell me what you need and i'll see what i can do for you lol i watch ur movie on the forums i read most of it well just checkin up on it :p

metroid5

hmmm

no not all of it urs only the samus but livewire made and..the cannon,but i did that animations,Schtiekbat is mine and the space piratew but the metroids urs but lets not fight over whos is whos

Lightningxce

I'm not... Livewire gave our team, and our team only, permission to use his model for our modification.

Anyways, I am curious to see any of your custom models in the source engine.. all I have seen is maps created with Hammer, whereas we have the content fully in the engine.

Ontopic here; Loving the progress Sarah. I'm curious myself to see the level structures of MP, to see if they follow the "Closed world" rules. And if they do with little modification... I was hoping to get the chance to attempt putting it into the Halo Engine. You cannot tell me that some of the areas would not make killer maps with a few layout modifications, no?

erix920

Man this is going to be the bst thing for the time it's taking to make. Then again you are moving... We like WaterCup becasue some idiot had to flame him away, anyone know his email or MSN?

Shalted

Nice work Sarah, It looks great, although I do have some suggestions. It looks like you're searching for mesh data, there is most likely an index or series of indices that point to mesh data/mesh data groups, it would be a much better idea to look for that instead of your current method. As for decoding TXTR's It's probably only a few hours of coding (with the supplied data) to convert it directly to a DDS.

thakis

SarahHarp and I have been looking at the .CINF files...turns out they contain the skeleton data of the models. An image of Samus' skeleton hierarchy is attached, Sarah is working on a 3d display of the skeleton.

Last edited: