Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You say that advance wars dual strike (U) is not playable but how can i come on no$gba to mission 3 if it is not playable ?

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by calsmurf2904 View Post
    You say that advance wars dual strike (U) is not playable but how can i come on no$gba to mission 3 if it is not playable ?
    90% of the time I am not the one testing games, I am merely the person that gathers the data and puts it into a form that others can use. If you have a compatibility question, you should take it up with Rockmangames as he is about the most on top of things person when it comes to compatibility

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    with you i mean the one who does the testing...and brain training doesn't works...(your compatibilaty list says that it is not tested)
    it works until it needs to save to continue

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by calsmurf2904 View Post
    with you i mean the one who does the testing...and brain training doesn't works...(your compatibilaty list says that it is not tested)
    it works until it needs to save to continue
    post compatibility in the compatibility threads, as that is where my lists are based from...

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Question about the capabilities of Emutalk/Emulation64...

Been fiddling with some PHP code, I can read with it okay, but it's not letting me write to a file etc? Is this server read only?

Need it so I can make my databases modifable...

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm after more than a year an a half, I'm finally getting back down to doing my hobbies again

Reason being with my school and all I really did not have the motivation nor time to do anything on it, even though I've procrascinated and done other things here and there.

Regardless I'm gonna get to a point where it's finished hopefully, and I'm really gonna look into getting the compatibility side of it working in the way that's been tried before.

For the time being, here's a little picy of what I've been working on over the past few days...It is kind of a another redesign, though alot of the actual processing has been changed significantly.

For instance the list no longer will choke up CPU as it only is loading the visible contents allowing me to have like 1000+ games and the program will not (or shouldn't) ever slow down

Also my slidebar has been tweeked a little more as well as I've found some more bugs, and I've sorted out a easier way to store all the data in my XML files :p

I'm wanting to get the release information done first so then I can just reference it in the compat, does and would make it alot easier.

Anyways once I've completed the Nintendo 64 one I'm moving straight onto Nintendo DS and Nintendo Wii games so they are all up to date and then I'm gonna look at other newer consoles too since they don't have as many games to add :p

As soon as I work out how to setup PHP on my computer I'm gonna work on that server based updating system that sorta was attempt at one point but didn't get much further...

Stuff to do...hobbies to get stuck into I'm happy

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Glances at the last posting date *groans*

Meh, wells I am about to start writing up a PHP driven compat list done in Flash, hopefully I should be able to get it up quickly. I plan on adding users so people can add their compatibility tests rather than relying on one person. I have recently done a database using flash/php with user functionalitiy and it worked out okay. PHP instructions are sent to an embedded frame and then sent back. Would allow for errors to be detected too and can easily be made invisible or whatever.

I am going to avoid the whole game release lists and focus solely on roms/compatibility, so I don't get sidetracked like I normally do. The only downside about starting it now is that I have about 2000 roms to put in *groans*, but I'll worry about that later.

Ohs and for now I'm just going to worry about getting the NDS compat up first before anything else :s

I'll leave an update here once I get the database running.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314