What's new

Low Lines Flash NDS Compatibility List

Low Lines

Flash/XML Based Compatibility List

In case you don't know there has been a lot of work happening in the DS Emulation Fourm on emulator compatibility with three emulators in particular (iDeaS, DeSmuME & No$GBA).

Well I have gone and made the effort off creating a Flash/XML based database that has many useful options such as searching and ordering of list data. Though it is still a WIP, it has very much progressed and is really easy to use.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This site and compatibility database REQUIRES the Flash 8 Web Browser Plugin. And at the moment I don't think it works on Linux Operating Systems. But I do not have Linux so somebody may need to verify this with me. Also your browsers may come up with security warnings (as I quickly found out) or may in deed block it completely (particularily with embeded URLs) but there is no bugs or spyware or anything, it's just Microsoft & Macromedia being paranoid!! LOL

This is my site...
http://llref.emutalk.net

Low Lines​

Last edited:

diablow

How about putting the whole compatibility list online somewhere in database, so you could show only playable games, or even add info about other emulators compatibility and compare them all in one page? Anyone up for a bit of PHP programming? Ability from reliable users to add info to database would speed things up.

DeathRain99

diablow said:
How about putting the whole compatibility list online somewhere in database, so you could show only playable games, or even add info about other emulators compatibility and compare them all in one page? Anyone up for a bit of PHP programming? Ability from reliable users to add info to database would speed things up.

Ooops...

*Link Removed*

Last edited:

DeathRain99

I'm very, very, sorry. I was unaware of that. :(
I knew it had Enasta but I thought it was a legal emulator. >.<

-Sorry again :unsure:

OP
L

Low Lines

In reply to diablow's message.
Actually I was already planning something like that, ever heard of XML??
Well I'm a Flash/Actionscript wiz (or at least good enough for now) and I've been contstructing a Compatibility List that uses XML.
What'll be real good about it is that it would be extremely easy to update without even having rewrite any code, plus I'm writing it so that the basic body would be reusable to for any Emulator, any console. God I love flash!!
Here's a little screenshot of it so far, (for now it is for iDeaS) this is what a days work looks like.
View attachment 30751
I haven't got any search functions coded yet, but I'm getting to it. And before anyone asks, the reason why I did something like this, is for practise. Cos this kind of Actionscript Code is for databases and with a database, you need information to fill it. So since this compatibility list has been going so nicely, why not use it as a database??
Tell me what you think!!:bouncy:

diablow

Good idea, I've never even thought of using flash as frontend to database. How about putting colored dot (colorcode for playable, working etc.) in front of game title in list, so it would be easy to spot playable games. Showing only one category at a time would also be an option.
Just keep it simple and good luck!

OP
L

Low Lines

diablow,
Just slow down okay, again I have already thought of that. Just remember that that screenshot was taken at the start of today, and I have been working on it since.
I have it as an option, so you can choose whether or not the font color of all the games in the list become that of their playability, reason why I have it as an option is because some colors (such as the yellow) look bad on the background as such.
Here's another screenshot (with the colors enabled) to give you an idea...
View attachment 30752
I'm glad at least someone out there knows what I'm talking about when I say FLASH!!
:bouncy:

Evrain

The Forbidden One
Impressive work, low lines! I was preparing myself a MySQL-based compatibility app, but I see yours is coming along nicely.
What can I say? Keep it up, who knows, your work may even be spotted by Lino...
Evrain

spotanjo3

Low lines,

Anyone who has seen my screenshots (posted about 5 or so posts down) that is my Flash version which is also WIP. If you like the look of it, stay tuned...

Where is that ? I do not find it. I would like to see it.

OP
L

Low Lines

Rockmangames,
Glad it interests you. The forum has several pages now (hint look up in the top right-hand corner) my screenshots are on pages 2-3 I think.

Amazing what you can do with Flash!! It looks 10 times better than my tacky old one and 1 ounce of the effort to update!!

Last edited:
OP
L

Low Lines

okay, just a quick check, are you asking for the screenshots or the download, cos I haven't released it yet...(still have a few things I need to fix)

OP
L

Low Lines

rockmangames,
are you sure you can't find them?? You must have your Forum Layout at a different setting cos mine shows up.
Anyway here's a link to the second screenshot I've posted
compatprev2.png