What's new

Low Lines Flash NDS Compatibility List

spotanjo3

HEH! Very nice of you to use this Rockman as my favorite games, lol.

But 0.3.6 didnt crashes and graphic errors only shown the centipede's head a little off thats all. And it is only 20-25 fps.

The 0.3.4 full have the same issues as above expect it crashes if you press B or A and the fps is only 10-14 fps.

OP
L

Low Lines

Normmatt said the only thing that was changed in the 0.3.6 was the menu options.....so how can it have better compatbility?? :unsure: Unless he has missed something.

OP
L

Low Lines

Hmm....I've been doing a different kind of emulation (yes agian more flash)
see I get kicks out of trying to imitate things in say like actionscript, so when I find something that interests me...I play with it LOL

Treat this pic as a screenshot, though I did draw it from scratch (staring at my DS Lite every few secs) :bouncy:

Not bad for a few hours work huh?? I was playing around with it in Flash too, it loading in game icons and that....nothing special, just something to show what I waste my time doing when I'm supposed to be sleeping LOL :evil:

I love my NDS Lite, second best invest I have ever made (1st would be my iPod).​

OP
L

Low Lines

I have added/fixed some custom viewing options which allow you to select only certain games say for instance Playable & Not Tested, as well as the option to show only certain regions at one time. Keep in mind though these are still very new so I am not sure whether or not they are bug-free yet. Please post any problems in the appropriate thread in the DS Emulation Section at Emutalk.net so I may look into any problems.

The only bug I know of at the moment is the shortcuts to different regions of games are buggy whenever the list is reduced in size (ie a Search has been made or Viewing Options have been changed) just hit the reset button if this occurs.

How's that sound pplz ;)

vlado

Sexy's back!
greate job low lines superb :) this wold really work with pcsx2 , seaing how the compatibility list is rarely updated and the engine always performs greately...

OP
L

Low Lines

i actually would like to use it for other compatibility lists and that, but i find it's one hell of an effort to just take care of NDS, because you have up to 5 new games that come out every fortnight, plus media such as covers which may not be as difficult once you have got it started, but doing like 500+ covers all at once gets really boring ;) plus I only just started school again.....and there are still things I need to fix in the database (bugs, display errors, etc) though I won't have the proper time to work on them until the next lot of holidays :bouncy:

"Databases are great once they are up and running, it's just the updating that is time consuming" (only real smart thing my IT teacher has said yet this term LOL)

Cyberman

LL you could try like that weekly update thing. Besides Rockmangames is perportedly updating one message with all the games. SO... if you get all things lined up it's a once a week job and a couple of hours (maybe ;) ).

Anyhow do well at school :D

Cyb

"The more you know, the more you know you know less than what you want", Cyberman.

OP
L

Low Lines

Cyberman said:
LL you could try like that weekly update thing. Besides Rockmangames is perportedly updating one message with all the games. SO... if you get all things lined up it's a once a week job and a couple of hours (maybe ;) ).

Anyhow do well at school :D

Cyb

Yeah I am doing that, though at the moment I ain't really gotten into the heavy end of homework (week 2, everything is still slow at school) yet, but I am planning on making either Friday or Sunday my update weekly thingo for the NDS.

Thanks for encouraging :flowers: A shame my IT classes are soo easy :p I have to put up with that, "lowest denominator" thingo for all the dumbies ;)

vlado said:
Or you could let someone else update it?

I did try to get that happening before, but the person who was doing it ended up being too busy to update it frequently enough.

Also if anything like that were to be done, they'd probably get a page of instructions (I am very picky and detailed with my work), plus I would also request maybe for alternate logins to the FTP, maybe with specific restricts (such as only being able to access the folder they will update in) if that can be done?

But yeah if people are willing, and they know they won't get caught up in other things, and that FTP thing can happen, it would be great :bouncy:

calsmurf2904

You say that advance wars dual strike (U) is not playable but how can i come on no$gba to mission 3 if it is not playable ?

OP
L

Low Lines

You say that advance wars dual strike (U) is not playable but how can i come on no$gba to mission 3 if it is not playable ?
90% of the time I am not the one testing games, I am merely the person that gathers the data and puts it into a form that others can use. If you have a compatibility question, you should take it up with Rockmangames as he is about the most on top of things person when it comes to compatibility ;)

calsmurf2904

with you i mean the one who does the testing...and brain training doesn't works...(your compatibilaty list says that it is not tested)
it works until it needs to save to continue

OP
L

Low Lines

with you i mean the one who does the testing...and brain training doesn't works...(your compatibilaty list says that it is not tested)
it works until it needs to save to continue
post compatibility in the compatibility threads, as that is where my lists are based from...

OP
L

Low Lines

Question about the capabilities of Emutalk/Emulation64...

Been fiddling with some PHP code, I can read with it okay, but it's not letting me write to a file etc? Is this server read only?

Need it so I can make my databases modifable...

OP
L

Low Lines

Hmm after more than a year an a half, I'm finally getting back down to doing my hobbies again :bouncy:

Reason being with my school and all I really did not have the motivation nor time to do anything on it, even though I've procrascinated and done other things here and there.

Regardless I'm gonna get to a point where it's finished hopefully, and I'm really gonna look into getting the compatibility side of it working in the way that's been tried before.

For the time being, here's a little picy of what I've been working on over the past few days...It is kind of a another redesign, though alot of the actual processing has been changed significantly.

For instance the list no longer will choke up CPU as it only is loading the visible contents allowing me to have like 1000+ games and the program will not (or shouldn't) ever slow down :)

Also my slidebar has been tweeked a little more as well as I've found some more bugs, and I've sorted out a easier way to store all the data in my XML files :p

I'm wanting to get the release information done first so then I can just reference it in the compat, does and would make it alot easier.

Anyways once I've completed the Nintendo 64 one I'm moving straight onto Nintendo DS and Nintendo Wii games so they are all up to date and then I'm gonna look at other newer consoles too since they don't have as many games to add :p

As soon as I work out how to setup PHP on my computer I'm gonna work on that server based updating system that sorta was attempt at one point but didn't get much further... :(

Stuff to do...hobbies to get stuck into :) I'm happy

OP
L

Low Lines

Glances at the last posting date *groans*

Meh, wells I am about to start writing up a PHP driven compat list done in Flash, hopefully I should be able to get it up quickly. I plan on adding users so people can add their compatibility tests rather than relying on one person. I have recently done a database using flash/php with user functionalitiy and it worked out okay. PHP instructions are sent to an embedded frame and then sent back. Would allow for errors to be detected too and can easily be made invisible or whatever.

I am going to avoid the whole game release lists and focus solely on roms/compatibility, so I don't get sidetracked like I normally do. The only downside about starting it now is that I have about 2000 roms to put in *groans*, but I'll worry about that later.

Ohs and for now I'm just going to worry about getting the NDS compat up first before anything else :s

I'll leave an update here once I get the database running.