What's new

Low Lines Flash NDS Compatibility List

OP
L

Low Lines

I know what that is, he he. That's an input textfield that displays the emulator version, as you can see it has the word "version" written twice by mistake. It pushes the 6 off the screen because it has no room left to display it. No worries though, easily fixed!!

OP
L

Low Lines

Oh and another quick note.
My compatibility list (at current) has every game released (not including multiple releases of the same game, ie (E) & (E)) right up until release 0258. I have several reliable sources that keep track of any updates, PocketHeaven.com is the best one. I haven't included nukes, but commercial demos are most definitely included. So in total there are 277 games, (games & demos). If anyone finds or knows about any games I have missed, post a reply.

OP
L

Low Lines

FinalFreak,
Click on the about button located in the bottom left-hand corner. A pop-up window should appear showing all the emulator's information, at the bottom of the pop-up are two more buttons, (About The Emulator / About The Compatibility List) Click on About The Compatibility List and the pop-up window should now show all the details about the list.
Credits are at the bottom, and everyone's name is there, or at least I hope so.
This sort of thing will be included in the ReadMe I plan to release with it, and don't worry, this whole compatibility list thing is probably yours more than anyone elses (though Rockmangames comes in close behind) because of the amount of effort you two having been putting into filling in the blanks.
31 Games to go...

spotanjo3

You didnt update from us that was mentioned already..please update them so that we can continue to finish few more left. :)

P.S. I found an error in your flash compability:

Franklin's Great Adventure (E) --- if you touch this...you will see on the left side for the "Name"..the title is error like this: Franlin's Great Adventure (E)

that is an error, please fix it. ;)

Last edited:
OP
L

Low Lines

' is XML code for '. I forgot to substitute it in, a similar thing to this would be the & symbol, XML writes it as &
Easily fixed, all I have to do is
sub("This is where I call for the name", "'", "'");
and the new name will be Franklin's Great Adventure (E), easy!!

OP
L

Low Lines

hey did you find the credits?? There wasn't enough room to stick heaps of information onto the screen so I used pop-up boxes instead.

diablow

OMG OMG it works!!!!11
Now, seriously, good job Low Lines. For a first version of program it works and has a pretty nice look.
For v2 you could make some sorting functions, e.g. that the testers could see all untested roms in one place, or gamers could browse only working titles.
Updating compatibility list from internet server would be a nice feature too, but don't rush it.

OP
L

Low Lines

diablow, just to let you know, it isn't a program. The EXE is a projector that runs by itself and protects my actionscript code from being modified. Sort of my ensurance.

I am working on the search funtion at the moment and I can already type in letters, hit the search button and turn up with some results, only problem at the moment is that when I click on them, the detailed information on the left-hand side of the screen is for another game. The annoying bit is I know exactly why it's doing it. But once I fix that problem, having options like custom Playability should be a breeze.

OP
L

Low Lines

I have a request,
Is there anyone out there who is good at reading Japanese and/or translating it into English. And I'm not meaning changing the symbols into sounds (ie no, wa, ri, and whatever). I'm adding an option to the Flash compatibility list that this display fixed/edited names of games, such as proper translations of Japanese Roms and putting games that are the same but different language together, (ie Sawuru Made In Wario would be renamed to WarioWare Touched! so that it would be found alongside the US version).
I have tried a few online translaters, but they tend to want Japanese Symbols and it's a bit of a hassle having to copy each letter in through cut and paste.

So if anyone can help me or knows of a place on the web that would make my job easier, either send me a PM (Private Message) or post a reply here in this thread. You would be of course credited for helping out.

Viper_Viper

Sweet job low lines! I see I made the credits. I am so happy! Im sorry I could not get many of the roms tested with 1.0.0.6 releace, it was in the middle of a big few weeks. Next time I will be all over it!

diablow

It's me, with more requests/suggestions. Now, with today's release of no$gba 2.2 (which added a preliminary support for DS games) and DesMuMe showing that it can emulate some games that are not working on Ideas, maybe it would be a nice touch to add to compatibility list a comparative list mode of different emulators, information would be presented in Excel like grid, while first column would be game number and name, and other columns might represent the playability level of that game. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's what I mean:
View attachment 31021
Also there could be a view in which only game name and emulator in which the game playability level is the best are showed.
Thats only a thought, and it shouldn't be taken to seriously, besides, someday almost all games NDS will be playable, so this compatibility thing is temporary :)
Take care.

P.S. I attached a few screens from DesMuMe, let the emulator wars begin!

OP
L

Low Lines

Wow!! Is DesMuMe already that far along!!
I might have to start a compat for that one as well!!
Is this from ver3 (of DeSmuME) cos I've been trying some of the games and have been getting nothing but black screens and fps of about 8-10 or 25-35. They do look impressive though.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, I don't know what was happening before, but the games are working now...UNBELIEVABLE!! The war really has begun.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

And with the idea of comparing different Emulators (and my thought of perhaps comparing different versions of the smae emulator) is that I could do up a separate flash thingy to do that. Cos once the xml files are in place,

example....

ideas1006.xml
desmume.xml

I could create a list of compat lists which you could load up in some sort of list thingo which would be just like what you are saying. But I will have to say, doing one emulator compat list is heaps of work as it is, so if there is going to be compat list for other emulators (so a compare thingy can happen) I would need someone else to write/edit the xml for me.

It's not really hard at all, (in fact I'm made it as simple as possible) the only thing at the moment is that I haven't decided on a permanent layout for the details.
But when I do, I owuld be able to show people how they can edit it for other emulators and it would be brilliant!!
Great idea, it makes me want to hurry a bit faster so I can start on it!!
:bouncy:
Actually if anyone's interested in being responsible for a possible DeSmuME compatibility list (done in XML), send me a Private Message. I figure the earlier such things are put in place, the easier it'll be to change them later on.

Last edited:
OP
L

Low Lines

Status Update

Hi everyone, I'm sorry if I seem a little behind with the compatibility list stuff, but I'm still keeping track. Though at the moment all my updates are private since they won't work properly on the older version of the Flash thingo. I also don't think I'll be posting the next release until I can get it online, since I've been focusing totally on that angle. I hate keeping people in the dark, so here's a little preview of what I've been doing for the last couple of weeks in the absence of updates (and I'm not meaning the compatibility stuff). As you will see, there are a LOT of clear errors at the moment, but only cos I'm trying to work out how things should be placed and sorted at the moment, but this may be what it will look like when it finally goes online...
View attachment 31093
As you can see, I've rearranged a couple of things (mainly to fit those jap games with mile long titles) and to remove that feeling it had of being cramped. Thumbnail covers are about 97% complete and this includes other games that have not yet been dumped (to roms) yet. The bottom tab thingo is where there will be links to other region versions of that game, I did have it working on a demo, but when I implemented it into the main Flash thingo, it sort of stopped working. It may not look like much yet, but most of the things I have been working on only get shown in small amounts (ie game info), so unless you realise that there are over 300 games to carefully go through and apply specific information to it, you may think that I've been a little bit slack.

Anyway, Rockmangames, keep up the great work, oh and if anyone who has either been included in the credits, or thinks they should be, I'm asking if they can provide me with either an avatar or image of their choosing which I will use in the credits. Preferably I would like something that can be shrunken down to 60x60 pixels (like my Link picture and I most definitely don't mind if they can give me a nice big picture which I can personally edit and make a custom one for them. I very much enjoy to do graphic editing (more than having to do all the information and stuff). I might also add that I have a fair few more zelda avatars I did a little while back that I'm willing to let anyone use as their icon for the credits. I would also mention that if anyone wants a different avatar (or image) that I would very much like to keep it to the same style as mine. Cos I like doing things neatly and aligned, but that's just my preference...

Here's my own personal avatars that you can choose from if you like...
View attachment 31094View attachment 31095View attachment 31096
View attachment 31097View attachment 31098View attachment 31099
View attachment 31100View attachment 31101

Oh and be sure to give sigloiv a hand (if he needs it) cos he's begun to work on a DeSumME compat list that will hopefully go alongside the iDeaS one when it's completed. Then maybe diablow's idea could become a reality!!:bouncy:

I'll see if I can get a more stable screenshot of it later, so people can get a better idea of what's being done, but I'm sure everyone will agree that it's already starting to look a bit different (hopefully for the best).

spotanjo3

Thanks!

Great idea but about artboxes..I prefer 400X400 to 500X500 with this program of yours but 60X60 is an okay however too small. It is up to you. Again, good idea and very creative you have. ;)