Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rockmangames!! Stop getting confused!!
    The 60x60 is my request for an image I would like you and everyone to submit as your ID for the credits.

The boxarts are about 150x135, but I will have downloadable ones much bigger later on, but thanks for giving me a size specification for when I do.

I'll ask you directly so as not to cause any more confusion. Would you like any of those avatar images I've posted as your credit ID?? If not, send me a picture you would like to be your avatar image. Same goes with everyone else who's helped out.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Oops, alright alright.

Yeah I would like any of those avatar images you've posted as my credit id but doesnt matter to me, really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Amazing tool!
    Thanks heaps, Low Lines! (And game testers)
    I never had any idea that iDeaS could play that many!
    Keep up the great work

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You should wait until we can get a few other NDS compat lists up, it would be fantasic!! You could load up which ever emulator you want and be able to see information on some 300+ games that have been so far been dumped.
    Thanks for the compliment too!! It's good to see that other people are finding it and using it, not to mention liking it as well!!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The transparency doesn't appear to work. I checked the option in photoshop...but..uhh...

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/7...060copy9aw.gif

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Low Lines, I have a question, are you going to have each and every game box art in your Program? How much space would that take up? Now it might not be easier or faster, but couldent you, upon selecting a game, go to pocketheaven and load the pix to your program? This might be difficult, But it would save you from having to get all the artwork yourself.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well, pocketheaven doesnt have every artboxes and it is easy to find every nds artboxes through order video game stores in websites.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Viper_Viper,
    I'm afraid it's already too late to tell me that, cos I've pretty much got every game boxart for nds, most of which are at the very least 200+ pixels (but a good number of them are higher than 400 pixels). Some games are very hard to find good covers for them, but I've managed to get most of them. Just think of it like I'm a boxart collector, (and I very much enjoy doing it). for example, I did the same thing for N64 several years ago, though this was merely for USA games.
    At the moment I have about 25 MB of source images I got off the net (hint, try Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com & Amazon.co.jp) And I also found it far more easier to get the jap games if I searched using their jap names (in proper symbolic lettering).
    Another thing is I'm very picky with my images and I will spend as much time as need to carefully fix and adjust them to the clearest and bestest quality I can do them.
    And with the loading of images (through the Flash thingo) each image would be loaded only when needed (at the moment each one is between 20-50 kb in a png file for quality). And most people would only look at games they were interested in...
    Anyway, the only big job is getting the first-run things in order (which I have pretty much done), after that I would only need to add to it when new games come out, and not doing the boxarts as I have done would be like taking the candy out of my hand and replacing it with something smelly and horrible...

Also, another brief update on my status...
    I've got the region thingo working now so you can quickly jump between different versions of the games (ie us to jap) and most of the information textboxes are properly showing all their info as well.
    Next I'm going to look towards adding and perfecting the search functions (which need to be reworked due to my new layout of things). I'm actually using two XML files at the same time to gather information for games. This is to simplify the compat list xml as much as possible so it can be edited by others with little effort.
    Though tomorrow marks the last of my holidays, so from after that, I may have less time to work on it, especially as homework begins to roll in. But keep up the good work, and I'll be awaiting to hear when someone beats Rockmangames in updating the compat list thread...

I'll post some more screenshots when I can show some decent improvement to the last.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Low Lines,
    Hey, I have never had my own personal avitar so you can just throw anything in there that you would like, or leave it blank. I dont want you worryin about me.

Another question about your Flash Program,
    I know you said that your flash program will work with any emulators becuase of using XML to store all the data, so will you have a drop down menu to go though all the XML files found in the same folder? I was messing around with the XML and I was randomly creating a VBA one, but there is no real way to get to it.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Viper_Viper,
    I have several thoughts about that,
    I was considering having another XML thas has the names off all currently done up compat list, and then have a pop-up loader window which would list them and have something like a load button. What would probably be the best way would be having a php loader (as in the one with attachments) that way there would be no need to keep track of different compat lists. Unfortunately, I am hopeless with php, (or at least I've never really tried to look into it).

Oh and tell me if any of the zelda avatars I've posted I think on the previous page of this thread fit to your liking. They're all avaliable to any that want them.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast