What's new

Low Lines Flash NDS Compatibility List

Cyberman

Low Lines I've really BAD news the flash 7 version looks just fine under Linux. I'm sorry the text formatting looks 'horrible' on it. :D

Cyb
(see attached)

OP
L

Low Lines

What so bad about that?? At least it now bloody working on Linux. I'll keep it up then and maybe have it as an optional thing (maybe after some more test have been done).

SWAT_Marc

Ind. Design Student
I just did a very ugly thing (decompiled Low Lines work) BUT I did it JUST to show how good does the text look with "renderAsHTML".

Be sure I didn't look at the code. Keep up your great work!

Last edited:
OP
L

Low Lines

There's nothing wrong with decompiling other peoples work (it only becomes ugly if you rename it and call it as your own). I do it lots, and it's where I learn hand something when it is put in action than it is to follow those lousy tutorials.

If might change it for the version 7 just so the text doesn't look all blurry, but the Flash 8 one is still my leading SWF and it does work on common web browsers (though not under linux).

But while I'm on the linux thing, Cyberman, what version of the Flash plugin are you using?? Is it Flash 7 or Flash 8?? Just right click and see what it says at the bottom of the Right-Click Menu.

I try again next weekend to improve and maybe get these search functions done too. There's no real task with the code at all (since I now use 1 array which all my information is stored) I just need to spend some time and create some fun and exciting GUI menus. I might even add a preloader too to make things a little more interesting...
Plus I'll need to get my credits section underway, (not quite sure how I want to do it yet)...
The only thing I can hope for is that I don't have heaps of homework to do as well...

SWAT_Marc

Ind. Design Student
He said there was no plugin version 8 for Linux, so he was using 7.

Just mark the option of render as HTML text (I think it's even more readable than special soft text for Flash 8.0)

SWAT_Marc

Ind. Design Student
Ask Adobe :p

Nah, it's a matter of time. I even heard in Ultrashock forums that former Macromedia was considering porting its products to Linux.

OP
L

Low Lines

I know I did say I'd try and get some more work done on the Flash thing, but my Art assignment took the entire weekend to do and all I've managed to do is update my compat lists (though they haven't been uploaded to the site yet). Rockmangames, has provided me with a complete DeSmuME 0.3.3 List he did so hopefully I'll be able to add that to the online thing Monday afternoon and I'll get to work on uploading all my coverarts images which I'll have to convert to .JPG
Next weekend ought to be free of assignments though, so I should be able to get some work done on it then.

spotanjo3

Seem that nobody wanted to finish iDeaS list like I did for DeSmuMe 0.3.3. Maybe I should send it to you as well because I finish all games for iDeaS 1.0.0.8 but again I think about it and I said to myself, nah, let those people tested and get some credits instead. Yeah, that would be fair. :)

Last edited:
OP
L

Low Lines

I think you are putting your spare time to good use, I mean I'd love to spend hours just playing with different games and to see if they worked or not. If you want to keep your work private, there's nothing wrong with that, I just don't think many people would realise just how much work you really put into the Nintendo DS scene.

OP
L

Low Lines

Man this bites...
Two weeks now and I haven't even managed to update my list with newly tested games. I did not think this year would be so busy...
Hopefully at some point in time (in the near future) I'd be able to work on it a little. I hope no one's waiting on me or anything...

groan...
Back to assignments I suppose...

OP
L

Low Lines

I am very happy to say that finally at long last I have got MOST of the compatibility lists uploaded and hopefully up-to-date. Except of course for Rockmangames's DeSmuME 0.3.3 (and maybe some of DeSmuME 0.3 WIP 1 & 2). But At least there's something there now...

You can change which List you are viewing by clicking on "Load" and selecting the appropriate list item, but it is a little buggy and I haven't had any decent time to work on it at all...god damn assignments!!

Anyways, I'm particularily interested in seeing iDeaS 1.0.0.8 fully tested and maybe if I can rig up a comparitive list (to compare ie DeSmuME alongside iDeaS) it might spark some interest...

I'll have to try from now on the frequently check and update my lists, due to the average 5+ a week new NDS games that Rockmangames normally claims to be the first to test.

OP
L

Low Lines

Some slightly bad news for those who have been supportive of my compatibility list project (for NDS Emulators), I am temporalily halting it as well as updates (ie new games tested) until the end of my school term. I find it is impossible to get any work done on it whilst having all the work my teachers give me to do.
I was hoping this project would not become like most of my projects, but it seems I have to set it aside cos education and good marks overules.
Luckily I only have 3 weeks left (though my teachers will not go down without a fight) and then I'll have an entire week (for that is how long my term break is) to spend hopefully finishing my Flash Database and get it set up to a point where I no longer need to bother as much.
But don't worry, cos I'm very good at catching up (even if there are 6 new versions that come out by then) and it's only the actual Flash that I need to spend heaps of time on and 3-4 hours after school just ain't what makes my stuff good...

Keep up the great/excellent work everybody!!

OP
L

Low Lines

2-3 More weeks!!! Then I can finally get down and focus on my little project I started last January (gosh has it really been that long??)...I have been working on it a little, though mainly getting all the covers resized and saved to JPG format...but first thing I will do, is get the search functions working (how many times have I said that...).
And once I get all the Nintendo DS data updated....I'll start looking towards other consoles cos I wanna construct my own gaming resource (wait that sounds really big....) as I find it a pain to go searching on the net for info on games and that....though at the moment I think NDS will require a fair bit of time to erect properly to the standards I am hoping to archieve....lol...and don't nobody try to discourage me (lol, my friend said I'd have to be crazy to put this much effort into something I am not getting paid for)....honestly I would have done this kind of stuff myself but...well....I wanna share my efforts with everyone else!! :bouncy:

Beware Rockmangames, soon this lead you have on me will not be so distant.....:evil: :evil: lol

I will be so glad to get out of this crappy school feeling and get back into my dorky fun hobbies again....even if I only got 4 weeks in which to do it in....:unsure:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a small question....are people finding the site alright??? I mean I have left a link in the first post of this thread and I'll post it here as well...

http://llref.emutalk.net/

----------------------------------------------------------------------

spotanjo3

I am not the type of being selfish and competitive person. I just have to caught up what I can and if someone is able to help out then that's great. ;)

spotanjo3

Yeah, I confused myself sometime!:unsure:

Actually, I am not myself right now. :plain:

But you understand me now, heh! :bouncy: