What's new

Low Lines Flash NDS Compatibility List

OP
L

Low Lines

Rockmangames!! Stop getting confused!!:(
The 60x60 is my request for an image I would like you and everyone to submit as your ID for the credits.

The boxarts are about 150x135, but I will have downloadable ones much bigger later on, but thanks for giving me a size specification for when I do.

I'll ask you directly so as not to cause any more confusion. Would you like any of those avatar images I've posted as your credit ID?? If not, send me a picture you would like to be your avatar image. Same goes with everyone else who's helped out.

spotanjo3

Oops, alright alright. ;)

Yeah I would like any of those avatar images you've posted as my credit id but doesnt matter to me, really.

Alastair

Amazing tool!
Thanks heaps, Low Lines! (And game testers)
I never had any idea that iDeaS could play that many!
Keep up the great work :flowers:

OP
L

Low Lines

You should wait until we can get a few other NDS compat lists up, it would be fantasic!! You could load up which ever emulator you want and be able to see information on some 300+ games that have been so far been dumped.
Thanks for the compliment too!! It's good to see that other people are finding it and using it, not to mention liking it as well!!
:bouncy:

Viper_Viper

Low Lines, I have a question, are you going to have each and every game box art in your Program? How much space would that take up? Now it might not be easier or faster, but couldent you, upon selecting a game, go to pocketheaven and load the pix to your program? This might be difficult, But it would save you from having to get all the artwork yourself.

spotanjo3

Well, pocketheaven doesnt have every artboxes and it is easy to find every nds artboxes through order video game stores in websites.

OP
L

Low Lines

Viper_Viper,
I'm afraid it's already too late to tell me that, cos I've pretty much got every game boxart for nds, most of which are at the very least 200+ pixels (but a good number of them are higher than 400 pixels). Some games are very hard to find good covers for them, but I've managed to get most of them. Just think of it like I'm a boxart collector, (and I very much enjoy doing it). for example, I did the same thing for N64 several years ago, though this was merely for USA games.
At the moment I have about 25 MB of source images I got off the net (hint, try Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com & Amazon.co.jp) And I also found it far more easier to get the jap games if I searched using their jap names (in proper symbolic lettering).
Another thing is I'm very picky with my images and I will spend as much time as need to carefully fix and adjust them to the clearest and bestest quality I can do them.
And with the loading of images (through the Flash thingo) each image would be loaded only when needed (at the moment each one is between 20-50 kb in a png file for quality). And most people would only look at games they were interested in...
Anyway, the only big job is getting the first-run things in order (which I have pretty much done), after that I would only need to add to it when new games come out, and not doing the boxarts as I have done would be like taking the candy out of my hand and replacing it with something smelly and horrible...:(

Also, another brief update on my status...
I've got the region thingo working now so you can quickly jump between different versions of the games (ie us to jap) and most of the information textboxes are properly showing all their info as well.
Next I'm going to look towards adding and perfecting the search functions (which need to be reworked due to my new layout of things). I'm actually using two XML files at the same time to gather information for games. This is to simplify the compat list xml as much as possible so it can be edited by others with little effort.
Though tomorrow marks the last of my holidays, so from after that, I may have less time to work on it, especially as homework begins to roll in. But keep up the good work, and I'll be awaiting to hear when someone beats Rockmangames in updating the compat list thread...
;)
I'll post some more screenshots when I can show some decent improvement to the last.

Viper_Viper

Low Lines,
Hey, I have never had my own personal avitar so you can just throw anything in there that you would like, or leave it blank. I dont want you worryin about me.

Another question about your Flash Program,
I know you said that your flash program will work with any emulators becuase of using XML to store all the data, so will you have a drop down menu to go though all the XML files found in the same folder? I was messing around with the XML and I was randomly creating a VBA one, but there is no real way to get to it.

OP
L

Low Lines

Viper_Viper,
I have several thoughts about that,
I was considering having another XML thas has the names off all currently done up compat list, and then have a pop-up loader window which would list them and have something like a load button. What would probably be the best way would be having a php loader (as in the one with attachments) that way there would be no need to keep track of different compat lists. Unfortunately, I am hopeless with php, (or at least I've never really tried to look into it).

Oh and tell me if any of the zelda avatars I've posted I think on the previous page of this thread fit to your liking. They're all avaliable to any that want them.

OP
L

Low Lines

Martin has been kind enough to hook me up with some web space, so now I can start to upload things to it and hopefully get things into order. But at the moment, I'm focusing on my first few days of school and that, so I won't be able to work on it for now.

I'll post a reply (with the link) here when I have got it all in order, but at the moment I think this may not be for a while. But keep a lookout and hopefully sooner than later I'll be able to get the online compat list going which will (hopefully) be better with more search features and that.

Thanks Martin!!:bouncy:

Finalfreak

Ultimate-Console-freak
weeee~ a new iDeaS version
iDeaS is a Nintendo DS emulator for windows and Linux.

02-04-2006
iDeaS 1.0.0.7 by Lino

I have decided to leave again a new version of iDeaS.
The new version contains little improvements like the touchscreen (now DSLINUX keyboard works) and the management of the plugins. Added the plugins for the recording the avi.

diablow

Well, I think there will be no need for compatibility list for this version, with not much improvements and all...

Last edited:
OP
L

Low Lines

well, provided we get the same reaction as before, we should get it done in a couple of days. I'll still be in charge of the XML, and I've already got a wiped/blank version that sigloiv had been using for a DeSmuME one. I think I'll finally get to test how well I've planned this out, I should only have to bother with two fields per game, I could have heaps done in little to no time.

I had better get this online thingo up then, though it's still not finished. I've managed to perfect the listmenu (absolutely flawless) and links between regions (of the same game in other words) work perfectly.
I haven't started on the search functions yet, though the region links should be alright for now.
And the credits haven't been done yet, so if I put it online now it won't have it.

OP
L

Low Lines

I've got the basic (and when I mean basic, I mean BASIC) site up, no compat list online yet, still needs more work. But all updates from now on will be posted here at llref.emutalk.net.

I agree that there's not much point in doing a whole new compat list for 1.0.0.7, but already there have been some broken games that worked in 1.0.0.6...
Haven't seen any REAL improvements yet, apart from DeathRain99's Spyro - Shadow Legacy, but I'm pretty sure if it was tried on 1.0.0.6 you would get the same results.
But I will start work on the new version list once I get the thingo online....

Be sure to check my site in case there are any changes, though initially I'll probably post them here too.

OP
L

Low Lines

It Is Finally Online!!!!

The Flash Database is online, though it seems to be experiencing problems that didn't happen on my computer. So be weary while using it and follow any advice I have posted either here or on my web page. Also the list is about a week behind, (I've had school) but I'll update it either later today or tomorrow. And no boxart is avaliable because I've still got to fix a couple of them up and convert them to JPG or something.

Post any problems (I haven't identified) in the FAQ thread posted here in the iDeaS forum. I am also open to praising if it is an improvent to the previous version.

Finally, sigloiv, how do you want your DeSmuME compat lists linked to it?? If you have them somewhere online, post direct links here and could you name them like this EXACTLY (ie desmume03.xml, desmume03WIP.xml, desmume03WIP2.xml) if you get what I mean. Other lists can be loaded through a Pop-up window that lists all avaliable compat lists. But loading them goes reaaaaalllly slowwwww. (Shouldn't be a problem if you have lots of RAM).

I can't spend my entire weekend on it (I have homework to now) but I'll try and get everything done by Monday so it is up-to-date and everything.

Also HELP!!!
Can someone post me details on all games dumped recently. PocketHeaven hasn't updates yet and I need this information to add it to the compat list.

NDS Games from 305-316+...
I need serial number (ie ASMP) & ROM SIZE (ie 1024 MBit). THe sooner I can get this information, the sooner I can update my list.

Last edited:

sigloiv

Well, I've got to get some webspace first. I have a friend who can get me an FTP on an utlra-fast dedicated connection, but it's not going to be happening tonight. I'll probably be able to get it done tomorrow, but if it doesn't happen tomorrow I'm sad to say it probably won't be until next Friday.

Everyone keep your fingers crossed. :luck:

OP
L

Low Lines

Can people do some web browser testing for me? I've just found out that it doesn't like my version of Firefox (it doesn't load) but it works on Explorer ok. I'm trying to get rid of that loading pause, but because I'm using 2 separate XMLs to make things easier, it is very difficult to remove the loading pause.