What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Mollymutt's Hi-rez Paper Mario

Mollymutt

I think I have enough done to give you a little peek at my new project. Not only am I re-texturing everything, since the characters are just textures themselves, I'm reanimating them (though, Mario and Luigi only have four frames for walking, so I can't make it too incredible).

Last edited:
OP
M

Mollymutt

Well, I guess there are only two people who are interested in this... It seems that there aren't many games that anyone cares about. From the response that earlier attempts at PM got, I thought this was a game people wanted to see retextured. I really like doing this stuff, and would like to hook up with a couple people who want to see a project to completion. Oh well, I'll work on this for a while and see if I can get some responses.

j234

I wouldnt mind helping in this project. I made quite a few textures in the other threads, including the mario, bowser, goomba, title screen logo (not background) and teammate textures.

Also, you may want to get what alien{S}py and nelde made, but i dont think released. That would help get through a lot of the work on this game.

---

Last edited:

xneoangel

Persona User
That looks cool man good work. :happy:

Since this is game in which almost everything is textures you can make it look like the GC Paper Mario. :p

Keep it up, cheers :party:

DraGoNsLaYaZ22

I'm interested in seing this game retextured, but I really have no skills that would be useful. If there is anything you'd like me to help with I would do my best to help though.

EddCase

Hi long time lurker here, don't get disheartened by only the first 2 posts i finally signed up for an account to say it looks awesome so far can't wait for a release.

Cheers

Edd

Terranigma

Don't you dare quit Mollymutt! It's people like you that makes people actually replay their N64 games on rom! I for one am definitely looking forward to this game.

But one question, wasn't it much further than this? I could have sworn I saw this thread long ago where there were many more pictures. I recall people doing graphics for the title screens and things like that.

Typify

Nolife
Mollymutt said:
Well, I guess there are only two people who are interested in this... It seems that there aren't many games that anyone cares about. From the response that earlier attempts at PM got, I thought this was a game people wanted to see retextured. I really like doing this stuff, and would like to hook up with a couple people who want to see a project to completion. Oh well, I'll work on this for a while and see if I can get some responses.

So you waited for one freaking day, got two replies and think about quitting because of the lack of interest? -_-

This project is not going to last.

64fanatic

Don't quit, i just don't post enough cause i'm too friggen busy ><
I know how to do textures..soon as summer comes i'm going to start one/help with.

zeldafan970

Don't quit keep going! When the first one was going I got really excited and was waiting for them to finish. So please keep going with this so my downloaded Paper Mario rom has a reason for being on my computer! :)
You should contact the guys that worked on the last texture of Paper Mario to get some of their stuff. It could even boost this project's appeal like you wanted.

xneoangel

Persona User
Typify said:
So you waited for one freaking day, got two replies and think about quitting because of the lack of interest? -_-

This project is not going to last.

Now this kind of posts are the ones that can kill a project. :term:

Hey Mollymut don't quit it's just that the project is beginning but when you make some progress and people see how great it will look they'll be more interested, just give it some time.

OP
M

Mollymutt

Terranigma said:
But one question, wasn't it much further than this? I could have sworn I saw this thread long ago where there were many more pictures. I recall people doing graphics for the title screens and things like that.
This is a new attempt at it.

qu3becker

hey, cheers up mate, keep going that wonderfull project, from the screenshot, this game looks like Paper Mario on Gamecube. Great job so far

I would like to help but I'm not good enuff at texturing but I know how to use photoshop well

icon14.gif

pedrocasilva

Paper Mario is one of my N64 favorite games, please don't give it up :) I think it's even better than paper mario tTYDoor, of course this is not zelda, the game kinda flopped, it was in the end of the lifespam and few people got his hands in it :)

OP
M

Mollymutt

I need some help. I'm messing around with the fonts, and first, I just traced over the original, and it looks OK. Then I searched for a font online, and I found a Super Mario Bros. font that looks cool, but doesn't match the style of the original. Which do you prefer, or does anybody know where I can find a Paper Mario font?

Last edited: