What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Mollymutt's Hi-rez Paper Mario

navilink

hehehe...u mean the attachment in emutalk limited to 8MB? WinRAR got size limit??? never heard b4....

well done my fren, it was amazing effort to resurrect the Paper Mario!

M[u]ddy

Mollymutt said:
No, since the limit for a rar file is 8mb, I have been releasing it one folder at a time. If someone wants to release it as a sinlgle pack, go ahead. BTW, when I release a new pack, I'm going to put it on my first post to make it easier to find everything.
Mddy, the logos look great! Would you be interested doing some more for this game? I had no idea just how much there is to do, so your help would be great.

No problem.
Tell me where you need help and I'll look what I can do.

djlarz

13 000 roms and growing...
This pack is all together GREAT!

...but I have a problem... On the last path to Bowser, Mario becomes all black. Can someone help? I use PJ64 1.6 (the same happened on 1964), and Rice 6.1.1 beta 10. Thanks in advance :)

Scatman839

Would that not be related to the flickering problem that occurs throughout the game?

Also, for the title, there may be a naming problem, though i'm unsure.

goodfella8304

I am very interested in this project and am willing to help. Unfortunately, I am not exactly sure to go about doing so. I do have photoshop and paint. I also have alot of time, so if someone is willing to explain this to me, I should be able to make contributions. :D

M[u]ddy

Scatman839 said:
Would that not be related to the flickering problem that occurs throughout the game?

Also, for the title, there may be a naming problem, though i'm unsure.
I get the same problem, plus my first background causes even more problems.

Edit:
Fixed the problem.
Setting the render engine to OpenGL should fix the problem.

Last edited:

djlarz

13 000 roms and growing...
M[u]ddy said:
Looks like a shader problem.
What's your graphic card?
I don't remember the whole name, but it's VIA something, 64MB... It has never had a problem running Paper Mario before (I know because it's my favourite game and I've played it in numerous emulators and with different plugins..) :) Thanks in advance :)

OP
M

Mollymutt

The background looks good, but it's not really in the style I am going for. I'm making it in the style of the Gamecube version. Here's a pic.

M[u]ddy

djlarz said:
I don't remember the whole name, but it's VIA something, 64MB... It has never had a problem running Paper Mario before (I know because it's my favourite game and I've played it in numerous emulators and with different plugins..) :) Thanks in advance :)
Seems to be an plugin issue.
The problem with Rice and Paper Mario is, if you fix one problem, another appears.
Mollymutt said:
The background looks good, but it's not really in the style I am going for. I'm making it in the style of the Gamecube version. Here's a pic.
shouse1ni.jpg

toadtown9cy.jpg

Last edited:
OP
M

Mollymutt

It must be a config problem, I'm using the default settings. Mddy, the backgrounds are looking great!

ChaosCode

I would like to say. wow the updates to the n64 version look JUST like teh gamecube version. I was wondering, did you know you can dump the gamecube textures with dophin? fyi :)

M[u]ddy

ChaosCode said:
I would like to say. wow the updates to the n64 version look JUST like teh gamecube version. I was wondering, did you know you can dump the gamecube textures with dophin? fyi :)
Yes.
My backgrounds where created with the help of the PM2 backgrounds, I dumped with Dolphin.

I just realized that the ini only contained the game specified options, which weren't wrong.
Most problems should be fixed by changing the Render Engine to OpenGL.
arfdelol said:
I put your ini...and nothing new :( ....mario and luigi always so ugly... will i miss something?
http://bonjourchezvous.free.fr/menu
my graphic card :
Gforce 4 TI 4200
i've try with 1964 and project 64 ...E and U version...nothing change !
Check if there are folders in folders, with same name.
If yes put the file for example from "...\Paper Mario\Peach\Peach" to "...\Paper Mario\Peach" and overwrite everything.

Last edited: