What's new

"Rule of Rose"

SegaBOI

SEGA Enthusiast
Survival Horror/PS2 fans rejoice, a new survival horror game is in the works and from the looks of it its going to be a doozy!

Check out the hi quality video here:
http://access.scej-online.jp/counter/ror/ruleofrose1-1200k.wvx

If clicking that directly doesnt work read the instructions below.

*note: copy this link, open windows media player go to file and choose "Open URL" paste the link inside and wait for it to stream.*

Anyone else think this game is going to be yet another success in the long line of survival horror! :p

raksmey1309

I am the biggest horror games fan.I will buy that game....
I've beaten :
F.E.A.R
Haft Life 2
Silent Hill 1 to 4
Resident Evil 0 to 4
DooM 3+Resurrection Of Evil so far.
Thank u for the info :p

The_Z

"The_A"
Great.. except that we're talking about "Rule of Rose" not how good other games are.

Rule of Rose looks pretty good. A bit creepy too if you ask me. :p

OP
SegaBOI

SegaBOI

SEGA Enthusiast
Definately, and I like how that despite the fact that its all in japanese right now I can kind of get a feel for what the initial characters are about.

The main story takes place in england 1930, its about a girl who can see this little boy that noone else can see he gives her a book of fairy tales with very odd (somewhat gruesome) endings which seem to tell some sort of story about a home. She is later led to this home by the little boy and finds all of the girls living within (Im assumeing they are all ghosts, not sure) basically from what I THINK im not sure, the girls appear to be within some kind of competition for affection from the boy.. or perhaps another male, I say this because the opening song speaks of the purity of a rose and certain scenes just speak in ways that would have me believe this.

The red haird girl named Diana appears to be the oldest of the girls, she acts as sort of a mother to them I would presume and seems to be very jealous of this living girl whom the boy has led into their home, as the oldest she definately shows signs of cockyness and useing her "assets" to her advantage in garnering the males attention. (take note in the way she curtseys within the opening scene, a very odd look in her eyes slightly seductive.. kind of WEIRD but thats what I see anyway.)

The chubby girl appears to be slightly younger than diana, she appears to be eager to please the male who's attention these (ghosts?) are after, the scene with the lip stick shows that she wants to make herself appear pretty, or older in his eyes so that he would choose her.

The girl with glasses I cannot quite figure out.. she holds a book and in one scene is with Diana handing her a rose.. im not sure whats going on there but perhaps she is sort of a henchmen for diana, maybe diana manipulates her somehow.. this is the small vibe I get from this character. (She afterall has a real 'assistant' look to her.)

The prude girl with short brown hair seems different from the rest of the girls, she seems as if she does not so much care for the situation at hand, her lack of a proper curtsey and cold hard stare at the wall adjacent would lead me to believe that she is a bit uncertain, or angry with the whole situation.

The main girl that you see is the character you will play as (blonde hair in a bun and green dress) and its obvious right off the bat the feelings that the ghosts will develop for her, the young boy obviously has some fixation with her (perhaps he is just looking for a mother figure?) and Diana seems to despise her completely (she fears that she will take her role within the house, replaceing her as a mother figure and takeing her place at the boys side.)

The game is no doubt looking weird, but at the same time creepy.. these are just my opinions, I cannot read japanese XD but I did watch the video several times and these are the feelings that I took from it, my opinions.

Some of the material leads me to believe that seeing a stateside release may be a long shot lol, it obviously deals with some.. odd emotions.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
raksmey1309 said:
I am the biggest horror games fan.I will buy that game....
I've beaten :
F.E.A.R
Haft Life 2
Silent Hill 1 to 4
Resident Evil 0 to 4
DooM 3+Resurrection Of Evil so far.
Thank u for the info :p

You'll have to play Condemned.

That game is scaring the SHIT out of me at the moment.

raksmey1309

You'll have to play Condemned.

That game is scaring the SHIT out of me at the moment.
Oh not release yet for PC..
But what is the minimum system requirement?

Last edited:
OP
SegaBOI

SegaBOI

SEGA Enthusiast
Its weird, after navigateing a bit more through the japanese I can find out some more things about the game.

It would appear that all the children live in this house and it is sort of like a tiny society.. or even a country/cult. They have a story that tells the history of theyre begginings.. they have commandments that members of "the rose" will follow.. and appointed higher ups.. the more I read about this the more I realise that I just HAVE to play it.. very odd! :bouncy: