What's new

1964 or project64 won't run

Zurita

I recently built a new system for myself since my old computer was getting really old. I tried downloading the latest copy of project64 and 1964 and they won't run.

1964 starts up fine, it finds all the roms but it gets stuck at loading video plugin.
Project64 seems to start up, it asked me for my language, but then nothing shows up. I checked the task manager and Project64.exe was running but there was no Project64 window on my screen. I tried restarting project64 but the same thing happens, except that it doesn't ask me for my language any more.

I have no idea what's wrong, the only things that I could think of are that it doesn't like the ATI X1800XT, it doesn't like my athlon x2, or it doesn't like 64 bit windows. Can anybody help me?

Clements

It's probably a 64-bit Windows compatibility problem. You may need to wait until the emulators are updated for 64-bit, but I would revert 32-bit Windows for now until these issues are sorted out.

OP
Zurita

Zurita

hmmm... that kind of sucks, what will happen when almost all computers are using a 64bit version of windows, nobody is going to able to use 1964 or project64!!

OP
Zurita

Zurita

That's strange, I restarted and both of them work just fine. I think it had to do with some program not unilitializing the graphics card properly or something like that.

Solar

Kebab?
since you have only just built your machine you might as well reinstall the 32bit windows again, i tried 64 and nothing worked, so what was the point in running it ?