What's new

When is Nemu 0.8 comin' out? And Some Q's

Shane O Mac

Heya im new to this place but i know a bit bout emulation. I was wondering when is Nemu 0.8 coming out? I have Banjo-Tooie and Jet Force Gemini and Megaman 64 but they dont work on Nemu 0.7a so can someone tell me when if they know?? Thanx a lot. Also does this place have a IRC Chat?

k, first things first, the nemu guys tend to be quiet about release dates, but last bit of big news was that progress was going well :) second of all, get yow ass into #emulation64 on efnet... all the big emuheads are there :)

sk8bloke22

roll for life
Shane O Mac said:
Heya im new to this place but i know a bit bout emulation. I was wondering when is Nemu 0.8 coming out? I have Banjo-Tooie and Jet Force Gemini and Megaman 64 but they dont work on Nemu 0.7a so can someone tell me when if they know?? Thanx a lot. Also does this place have a IRC Chat?

megaman 64 works on pj64, and im pretty sure on 1964 at the moment. jet force gemeni will be playable on the new pj64, if u wanna play it that desperately, donate to the pj64 team and get a beta to fiddle about with. otherwise just keep waiting like the rest of us. there are enuff emus now that can play the majority of the n64 games well. so theres plenty to play with in the meantime.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
Tesla-Guy said:
Dang! I'll add " NO ADVERTISING OF OTHER EMUS IN THIS FORUM" to the before posting a thread ;) :p

im not advertising. im just giving the bloke a solution. since when are u not allowed to give alternatives for someone to use? thats ridiculous to put that as a rule. the whole idea of a msg board is so ppl can help each other. if i cant list other emu's then how can i suggest solutions for someone to play a game.

Last edited:

sk8bloke22

roll for life
so next time ill say 'theres no way to play those games on nemu' . its a bit stupid, as if the guys a newbie then he be a bit annoyed that we couldnt help him. also by pointing newbies in the right direction of the emu which will play their requested games, thne at least they will be busy playing their roms on another emu instead of asking 'when will nemu 0.8 be released'.

A

A.A

well first thing :pj64: RULEZ!!!(even if its Nemu's forum)
second thing if you are donating just to play (Which of course is wrong) then its your problem
i think you should donate to help the authors if u think else then im sorry 4 u!
P.S. dont ask about ANY emulator when its coming out 'cause if i was bulding an emulator and if were buiding one im sure that u were getting realy P i s s e d o f if people were asking u when your emulator is coming out(beside i think that bulding an emulator is a realy hard thing, correct me if im wrong)!

sk8bloke22

roll for life
by donating u r helpiung the authors. some may want to help even further with testing and bug finding, it says somewhere on the donating page that u r not obliged to report back. its a good service. ok thats enuff pj64. :D

Tesla-Guy

sk8bloke22 said:
so next time ill say 'theres no way to play those games on nemu' . its a bit stupid, as if the guys a newbie then he be a bit annoyed that we couldnt help him. also by pointing newbies in the right direction of the emu which will play their requested games, thne at least they will be busy playing their roms on another emu instead of asking 'when will nemu 0.8 be released'.
bah, you could just make a link to the pj64 forum and say "go there"... :p
/me doesn't like being hostile

sk8bloke22

roll for life
sorry to get pissed off. but i think thats ridiculous.

So Shane O Mac, u cant play nemu 0.8 at the moment other than 0.7 (which is great), for the games u wanna play try XX64 or 19XX, XXollo is also very good. u will need jabots gfx plugin and azimat's sound.

The Shadow

Shane O Mac said:
I'm not sure about the games, but if they don't work with Nemu, your next best bet would be 1964 or PJ64. Secondly, in the future refrain from asking when a new version of an emulator is coming out, it's against this message board's policy.

yogaman

Banned
sk8bloke22 said:
sorry to get pissed off. but i think thats ridiculous.

So Shane O Mac, u cant play nemu 0.8 at the moment other than 0.7 (which is great), for the games u wanna play try XX64 or 19XX, XXollo is also very good. u will need jabots gfx plugin and azimat's sound.

:D .....yeah, I'm with sk8bloke22.... common, a message board is to help people out not to confuse them...(and I think it's kinda intolerant to flame someone, just because he named an other emu....!).

I don't think a Nemu fanatic will get pissed off when he sees: game x can't be currently played on nemu 0.7 but it will run on PJ 1.3....so go to the PJ forum for more details.

:colgate: