What's new

Xbox 360 controller, Xinput, with Project 64

PrineOfPersia

Have you installed the M$-Driver???????

If not, do it, and then restart PJ64!

Activate XBOX 360 Rumble with 100% and it should work!

greetz
PrineOfPersia

ltj311

Hi.

Just wondering if there is anything else I can try to get the rumble feature to work in pj64 on my xbox 360 gamepad.

I have pj64 ver. 1.6.

I installed the xinput9_1_0.dll file into the main directory.

I installed the NRage_DInput8_V2.dll into the \Plugin directory.

Under devices in the controller config I've checked Xbox 360 rumble and set Rumblestrength to 100%.

I've tried many Rumble Pak supported games and I don't get any feedback.

I'm not sure if this means anything, but the constant force, ramp force, and direct rumble options are all greyed out. I can't select/deselect them.

Is there something I'm missing?

The XBCD drivers I'm assuming is a whole different plugin for the controller. If I can't get the NRage drivers to give me rumble feedback, should I try using the XBCD?

I just wanna be able to feel the rumble damnit! :(

Thanks for any and all help with this.

This is an awesome forum.

DevilMayCry

Have you checked 'Raw Data' checkbox and selected 'Rumble Pak' in the drop down menu besides it? It's under the Controller Pak settings tab in N-Rage XInput plugin.

It should work then with a Rumble Pak game like Perfect Dark.

ltj311

I knew it would be something simple!

Raw Data box was checked. Only I had it set on Mem Pak.

I set it on Rumble Pak, hit Use and vibrate it did!

Thanks so much DMC!

SuperBas

Guys, thanks for the help you've all given so far (lurker to this thread), but I still can't get it to work.

I put the xinput dll in the rootfolder of P64, the N-Rage plugin in the plugins folder, I try to set the buttons, but P64 doesn't even register a button being pushed on the X360 controller. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

DevilMayCry

In N-Rage options check the Devices tab -> Gamepad frame -> Device frame
You must set the device to Xbox 360 for Windows

basebcars

Hi everybody,
I'm posting this on behalf of my son that I'm trying to help. He has the project64 V1.6 and the new xbox controller.

I've read each of the previous posts in an attempt to help him ,but I confess that I'm new to this and am not follwing too well.

I downloaded the xinput9_1_0.dll that was attached to this thread. I'm planning to install it into the main directory in project64. I also downloaded NRage_DInput8_V2.dll into the \Plugin directory.

Here is where I would like to ask for your help. Is this all I need to do? Are there new versions of these files or other files I need to find? Are there any other configuration changes I need to make?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Kevin

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I'm not the expert here, but I'd say those are what you need. The only thing left to do is to configure the N-Rage input plugin so that it uses the XBOX controller.

So Options --> Configure Controller Plugin ---> Device tab. Hopefully the controller shows up in the drop-down box.

Of course, you must also make sure that Project64 is using the N-Rage plugin by going to Options --> Settings... --> Plugins tab.

zallday

honkie-tonk blues
I'm going to get my xbox 360 controller pretty soon and am trying to figure out how to make it work. so far, what i understand is that you install the n-rage plugin in and put the xinput file in the project 64 main folder.
I have two questions
1. Which n-rage do i download since there have been many posted in this thread? Which one works best at fixing all the bugs, yet providing all the benefits (ie: rumble)?
2. After I install everything, will there still be any bugs or have they all been fixed (ie: the trigger buttons canceling each other out)?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
zallday said:
1. Which n-rage do i download since there have been many posted in this thread? Which one works best at fixing all the bugs, yet providing all the benefits (ie: rumble)?
The latest version maybe?

Cönker1

Obviously if the game supports it on the N64 it would work for anyone using it on PJ64. If not you have configured it wrong, check through this ENTIRE thread if you haven't already.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Luc said:
I downloaded it yesterday evening (pacific time). The size is 172,032, version 1.83.1.0. I'd appreciate it very much if you could check if the latest is on the site.

Not sure if the trigger buttons are tied together by the hardware or if the xbox driver does it. I'm quite happy though already with the driver you modified!

How did you compile the project? I downloaded n-rage v1.82 source and tried to compile but it complained about missing afx.h file. I can try your source code. I also assume I need to install the DirectX 9.0c SDK.

Luc

When the control is run under a Directinput scheme the trigger buttons are run as 1 axis, when run via Xinput they are seen as 2 seperate Axis,

its all in the release documentation on the Microsoft site for XInput and Directinput

wals9331

Well i guess i am kinda lost. I cant even get the stupid drivers loaded for this thing. It wont recognize anything. P.S. I have the wireless one, but do have a cord plugged in. Does the wireless one NOT work?

wals9331

Error Message

I keep getting "Your gameport or gameport drivers are not properly configured. Please consult the device manager." To say the least i am getting pretty frustrated...

DevilMayCry

The cordless version doesn't work with PC's, it's XBox only for now until MS releases a USB receiver. The cord you have is the Play&Charge kit, it uses USB power to charge the batteries but doesn't transmit any data. I just hope you didn't bought that one for mistake.