What's new

Xbox 360 controller, Xinput, with Project 64

DevilMayCry

The updated XBCD drivers have been released, so we can now have rumble for DirectInput! But for some wierd reason PJ64 DirectInput rumble doesn't work, all it does is random rumbling, but N-Rage plugin works (the normal version, not the XInput version posted here)
Check how to do it here -> http://xbcd360guide.50webs.com/

Gim

Meber with
@DevilMayCry

Nice but it dos not work for me.
If have a big problem. I have updated the driver but than I get a message that says could not start the device or so and a yellow “!” next to the 360 Device.

Is there another methods to get it to work like this?

DevilMayCry

Gim said:
@DevilMayCry

Nice but it dos not work for me.
If have a big problem. I have updated the driver but than I get a message that says could not start the device or so and a yellow “!” next to the 360 Device.

Is there another methods to get it to work like this?

That's wierd... try uninstalling both MS and XBCD drivers, disconnect the pad and reboot. Reinstall MS drivers and then connect the pad, if recognized disconnect and reboot.

Go to that site and get the correct drivers shown at the right: you need the regular XBCD drivers, the 360 driver for your system (for example: if you have Win XP get the XP driver, if you have 2000 get the 2000 driver) and finally one of the profiles (for PSX and N64 the triggers as digital buttons is the best.

Now install the XBCD drivers, then extract the whole 360 driver archive and run the install.bat from command line and then reboot. Now plug the pad back and follow that site tutorial from step 3 to the end, this should do it.

Gim

Meber with
DevilMayCry said:
That's wierd... try uninstalling both MS and XBCD drivers, disconnect the pad and reboot. Reinstall MS drivers and then connect the pad, if recognized disconnect and reboot.

Go to that site and get the correct drivers shown at the right: you need the regular XBCD drivers, the 360 driver for your system (for example: if you have Win XP get the XP driver, if you have 2000 get the 2000 driver) and finally one of the profiles (for PSX and N64 the triggers as digital buttons is the best.

Now install the XBCD drivers, then extract the whole 360 driver archive and run the install.bat from command line and then reboot. Now plug the pad back and follow that site tutorial from step 3 to the end, this should do it.

O.K. but how to uninstall MS 360 driver and than how to uninstall XBCD drivers both have no such option.

By the way am I the only one who has that problem?

DevilMayCry

The XBCD driver should have a uninstall option on the Add/Remove Programs panel, if there isn't one either you haven't installed XBCD (the main driver) or it wasn't installed correctly. Try reinstalling it.

DevilMayCry

Apparently no, so just reinstall XBCD and follow that guide, it should work.

I've just played some Micro Machines 64 Turbo with the regular N-Rage (as I said, the Jabo DirectInput doesn't work). I'm also gonna try with Metal Gear Solid for PC sometime.

Gim

Meber with
DevilMayCry said:
Apparently no, so just reinstall XBCD and follow that guide, it should work.

I've just played some Micro Machines 64 Turbo with the regular N-Rage (as I said, the Jabo DirectInput doesn't work). I'm also gonna try with Metal Gear Solid for PC sometime.

No No No No!!!:ranting:

So let start a little bit slower so we can understand each other.

There is a part in the description which says that you have to install some thing in the Device Manager and there is the problem only there!!!
That the rest dos not work if there is something wrong is clear.
The problem is that Step 13 dos not work!! The driver will install but than windows xp says that it could not load the device an a yellow “!” will appear next to the 360 controller entry.

The normal 360 driver works with no problem but not that from the hp. The 360 MS driver is installed like the description hp said.

What have I don wrong? :ermm: :cry:

Last edited:

DevilMayCry

I don't know, it should work. I told you to uninstall the drivers because some other dude had the same problem
Some dude at redcl0ud's forum said:
not to be a stick in the mud or anything, but for some reason the drivers refuse to install for me, my setup :

WinXP SP2, Xbox 360 wired controller
XBCD 1.07 installed
latest patch installed, i attempt to change the 360 drivers with the XBCD modded ones (as per guide) it goes through the whole "Unsigned drivers" thing and spits out an "An error occured during the installation of the device, The system cannot find the file specified" error at me, even though i followed the guide word for word... weird.

[edit] nevermind, removed all the drivers completely, restarted, reinstalled and it worked

Gim

Meber with
DevilMayCry said:
I don't know, it should work. I told you to uninstall the drivers because some other dude had the same problem

I have it now!! I have teste the file for win 2k i think it was and that workt. I don´t know why but it works thank you!!

After testin it a bit I must say it is a shit!!!
Why has MS made it so complicated? Why dos MS did not make a driver with the ability to map buttons and a box in it to get it rumble with xinput and force feed back?

A other thing what is strange is that right and left stik dose not work right in some games eg Ut 2004.
The right stik is not responding!!

Last edited:

DevilMayCry

Because they are a bunch of morons at MS, that's why. And I doubt they'll ever support DirectInput, if they wanted to they would've done it since the beggining. They've developed DirectInput and this pad is already 2 months old (released 31 October I think) that's enough time for a quick DirectInput patch.

As for any bugs you might have you may be better fiddling around with the XBCD setup dialog and learning how it works (it's simple but one has to fiddle with it to understand it). Noticed that some games don't use both sticks, some don't even use any stick, be sure to test your pad with the Windows and Rumble tab on XBCD since the other tab (the XBox tab) doesn't work with the 360 pad.

Gim

Meber with
@DevilMayCry

O.K. Thanks!!!
I know that but hope dos die at last or so!!
I have thought about it and come to the same point.

I hope someone would build a driver that is better than that and you could use it easyer and could realy map all buttons and mouse Action to all the pad parts. That XBCD can is good but it dos not work I think it should.
For eg if i move the right stick than in XBCD the left stick moves but only left and right.
If I have a few hours I will play with it and find out how it works or dos not work.

Happy new year and a thanks for your support.

Stu L Tissimus

Gim, it doesn't look right in the XBCD config app, but it works in other programs. I've been playing Majora's Mask with the latest XBCD 360 drivers and it works great. One thing, though - Does anybody here know what range settings I should use in nRage?

DevilMayCry

You welcome Gim!

Probably 'Real N64 range'? You are now the proud owner of a analog pad! BTW if you are only playing N64 games don't use XBCD, use the modified N-Rage plugin with XInput support. Have fun!

In unrelated news: Snake released Kega 3.5! It has netplay a lá ZSnes!

Sweet. after about an hour of playing around and figuring stuff out i finally got it to work with the normal MS drivers. thanks.

I may try the 3rd party drivers later.

King Mustard

I put xinput9_1_0.dll in the Project64 directory and NRage_DInput8_V2.dll in the Plugin directory. It is selected in the program (Options > Settings) but the pad isn't being acknologed at all. Any idea what's wrong?