What's new

Problems with CDI made with selfboot

END-TIME-X

Alpha & Omega
I'm sorry if this is against the rules. I wasn't sure. I have a Bin/cue file of Sword of the Berserk: gut's Rage. It works, if I use Utopia in ChanKast. I tried using ExoSkeletor's gui w/ selfboot to make a CDI file. When I try to use the CDI file mounted on daemontools, ChanKast gives me an Error.

Did I do something wrong?

there's a conversion tool to convert cdi files from v2 to v3. would I need to use that?

I'm just sick of having to use Utopia for several of my games, and want them to work without it.

any help?

P.S. - I'm sorry for making all these threads. I just got so many questions and I don't know where else to ask :plain:

OP
END-TIME-X

END-TIME-X

Alpha & Omega
It's nothing specific. It just pops up a small window and says "Error" that's it. Does chankast generate a log file of errors and problems that I could look at?

OP
END-TIME-X

END-TIME-X

Alpha & Omega
I just checked out the event viewer in the Admin tools of XP. I found this under the system section...

"The device, \Device\CdRom1, has a bad block."

I'm gonna try using Alocohol 120%, and see if it makes any difference.

EDIT: I'm getting Isobuster right now, and I'm gonna see if I can extract the data from the CDI file, and re-create the image as another file type. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Last edited:
OP
END-TIME-X

END-TIME-X

Alpha & Omega
The problem was been fixed. Before, i was using Daemontools 4, and it seems thats what was giving me the problem. I just used selfboot on Tech romancer, and mounted it with Dtools 3.29. the game works fine.