What's new

Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil 4 model extraction?

JamesDean

A couple days ago a friend of mine ripped a bunch of model files from both Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil 4 and sent them to me. The file format for RE0 is in .arc format and the format for RE4 is in .drs.

I've come to the conclusion that .arc is a rarc encrypted compressed file correct? But what I want to do is open these files and extract them, edit the textures and export them to a supported 3D model format such as .3ds then use them in a game that I am making. What program/software do I need in order to extract these files? And how can I export them to a supported 3D file format such as 3D Studio Max, or Direct .X?

As for Resident Evil 4, I am totally confused about the file format ".drs." One thing it might be is Capcom created their own file format for this specific game, if thats the case then there is no way we can ever use those files unless some one invents a software using C++ to decrypt those files. Although a few people that I know were able to rip the sound files as well as beta backgrounds from RE4 and decompress them into supported file formats (e.g. JPEG, MP3 etc.)

Files in RE0 include:
demobi00.arc
demore00.arc
demobi01.arc
demore01.arc
demore02.arc
em0d.arc
em1b.arc
em3a.arc
em10.arc
em22.arc
em31.arc
em44.arc

Files in RE4 include:
pl0a.drs
pl0b.drs
pl0c.drs
pl00.drs
pl01.drs
pl02.drs
pl03.drs
pl04.drs
pl05.drs
pl06.drs
pl07.drs
pl08.drs
pl09.drs

Assuming 'pl' means player, since my friend specifically sent me the player files for RE4.

I really need help, I've been searching google for something related to this for like 3 days and haven't had any luck. :(

Also I can't be bothered to code a file viewer that supports this format because I don't know how to program anything.

Last edited:

BlueFalcon7

game producers dont make their games in a supported format usually they change the file extension or they modify the format so it is not supported but if you no C++ its usually not hard to reverse engineer a viewer. For the .arc try WinRar or thakis' szs/arc extractor