What's new

The Unplayable Playstation Game?

floopy

Hi, I've just been trying to play Hot Wheels: Turbo Racing on my computer, and unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work on any psx emulator. The game
boots up and plays the opening movie, but then hangs after that.
I've tried pretty much every emulator, different bioses, different plugins, etc, and no luck.
I've also searched the web, and no one seems to be able to give any helpful advice (although a few people claim they've played it on an emulator).
I was just wondering if anyone knew how to get this sucker working, perhaps a games.txt for connectix virtual game station, or some other configuration in another emulator. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
My specs are:
Pentium 4 1.7 ghz
Windows Xp Pro Service Pack 1
Ati radeon 9600 pro 128 mb
768 mb ram

OP
floopy

floopy

Modem said:
Your best bet for getting a PSX emulator to play a game is by heading to the ngemu forums (most epsxe geeks hang out there). :)

http://www.ngemu.com/forums/index.php

Well, I already searched the forums there, but no one had a way to get it to play, but i'll sign up and bump the thread, it was over a year old a maybe someone has figured something out by now. Thanks.

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Well, first of all, get ePSXe 1.6.0. It's one of, if not the, best psx emulator you can get. You shouldnt have much trouble with that emulator that hasnt already been documented.

Second of all...

768 mb ram

I've never seen 768 mB of RAM. Dosen't it go; 6, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024MB?

OP
floopy

floopy

512+256 = 768
Also, I already have epsxe 1.6.0
and Connectix virtual game station 1.41
and ssspsx 0.0.26e
and psxeven 0.19
and pcsx 1.5 etc, etc, etc.
None of them work, they all hang after the intro movie.
I was looking for someone who had actually played the game successfully on an emulator, and could give specific information on how to play it, thanks.

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
tye stik said:
Well, first of all, get ePSXe 1.6.0. It's one of, if not the, best psx emulator you can get. You shouldnt have much trouble with that emulator that hasnt already been documented.

Second of all...

I've never seen 768 mB of RAM. Dosen't it go; 6, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024MB?
course not, there are around 4 memory slots in a motherboard and the user can put any amount that u've said in, but say if they put in 128 with a 256 then the computer will use the total memory, which is 384mb.

flowrent

Is it a downloaded game?
Maybe it is a corrupt .iso and that's why it doesnt work.
You should try to get the game again ,download it or make an iso from a psx disk.

soccerboi

There is an N64 version of the game you know that you can get as a rom. It works perfectly on the emulators and has better graphics than the playstation game. Don't ask where to get the rom though. Figure that out yourself.