What's new

chankast overclock

allawer1972

Hi,

does anybody know if overclocking chankast (with + key) is dangerous for the computer? :plain:
Does this feature actually overclock the computer? :huh:
Can anybody please let me know.
Thanks in advance! :p

Clements

No, it overclocks the emulated Dreamcast processor much like the Counter Factor of N64 emulators or the percentage of execution with ZSNES. Overclocking the Dreamcast processor will lower the framerate.

Clements

Underclocking the Dreamcast CPU will lower the requirements and so increase the speed. Overclocking is useful for people when the emulator runs too fast, although forcing vsync is better.

flowrent

So we actually need to underclock to make games run faster???
How much can we underclock??
Is it harmful for the PC?

life_247

No, just might make the games etc. unstable.

It would crash chankast and mabey windows at worst. I'd very much doubt you get any hardware failure, very very unlikley. Although ill wait for someone who's messed about a bit more to confirm there is no way to harm hardware through chankast.

END-TIME-X

Alpha & Omega
You can underclock to 50 tops. I wouldn't suggest it though. It won't crash, but I discovered that underclocking to 50 will make some controller functions useless. I underclocked to 50 on one of my games, and lost the left and right controls on my gamepad. I pushed it back up to about 75, and they worked again. I've also discovered that overclocking too far makes the game run like crap. I've found that underclocking to about 75-95 is the sweetspot for games to run smooth or close to.....for me anyway.