What's new

PJ64 v1.6 Super Mario 64 Cheats dont work

allen

Hello folks.
As the title suggests the cheats for this game are not working for me. I have checked the help files and as I understand it, Memory Pak needs to be used.
It is enabled, however there is no Super Mario 64.mpk file to be found in my install dir. This may very well be why the cheats are not working.
Dont know why one was not created for Super Mario 64. I have saved the game each time I get a star but that is an .eep file I belive.

There are .mpk files for many other games though. I have not tried cheats for these games but I suspect they may work fine.

I also have PJ64 v1.4 and there is a .mpk file for Super Mario 64 and those cheats (GS) work fine.

Thanks for any ideas.
Allen

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Hi allen , What version of the game is this? and have you Goodn64 Scanned it? I have just tried all Super Mario Cheats for all regions and they all work fine here. Looking Forward to your reply.

OP
A

allen

Mario 64 cheats

Hello Gent

Im using the (u) version and yes it was scanned with Good N64.

I belive it was the first game rom I aquiried many years ago and may be the same file. I will try a fresh download today and see if that fixes it.

Am I correct in thinking there must be a .mpk file for that game in order to work?

Also I checked the same game rom in v1.5 SP1, and the cheat does not work there either and there is no .mpk file for it. As I said before, they work in v1.4.

Thanks for your help.

Edit:
I tried 1964 EMU with the same rom and the cheat works for SM64.

Also I have removed all versions of PJ and 1964.
Reinstall PJ64 v1.6 (ONLY) with default RDB and plugins. Still wont work. I am trying to use the "Infinate Engery and Breath" cheat. I have not tried any other cheats since that is the only one I use.

Before I deleted all this I tried "Starwars Epiode 1 Racer".The "Always Finish First" cheat. It worked fine indicating the cheat engine itself may be fine.

My System Specs:

MSI Mobo
Win 2k Pro SP4
AMD Athlon XP2500+
512 DDR Ram
GeForce4 440 MX Video 64MB Mem.
SB Audigy2 ZS Gamer Sound

Thanks again Gent

BTW
I see many posters display their specs in the same format.
I have looked into the Control Panel on this forum under Profiles and Signatutre options and see no way to add my comp specs (already entered) automaticly to the end of a post/reply. How is that done?

Last edited:
OP
A

allen

Super Mario 64 Cheats

Hello Gent.
Regarding Infinate Engery/Breath Cheat.

After exhausting every other remedy, here is what I did to fix it (FYI)
8133B21E08FF : Is the code for the latest version of 1964.

8033B21D 0008 : Is the code for pj64 v1.6 "Release Version"
Displayed when I right clicked and selected "edit"

I simply used the code from 1964 EMU,inserted a space between Address and Value and it works.

Exerpt from the pj64 .cht file :
Cheat4="Infinite\Energy & Breath",803094DE 0008

Why the above code is different than what was displayed is beyond me.

Maybe this info will help some other PJ 64 users.

Have a nice day!

Allen

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
allen said:
BTW
I see many posters display their specs in the same format.
I have looked into the Control Panel on this forum under Profiles and Signatutre options and see no way to add my comp specs (already entered) automaticly to the end of a post/reply. How is that done?

Go to User Cp and then Edit Profile. In the Additional Information Section will be the specs options.

allen said:
Hello Gent.
Regarding Infinate Engery/Breath Cheat.

After exhausting every other remedy, here is what I did to fix it (FYI)
8133B21E08FF : Is the code for the latest version of 1964.

8033B21D 0008 : Is the code for pj64 v1.6 "Release Version"
Displayed when I right clicked and selected "edit"

I simply used the code from 1964 EMU,inserted a space between Address and Value and it works.

Exerpt from the pj64 .cht file :
Cheat4="Infinite\Energy & Breath",803094DE 0008

Why the above code is different than what was displayed is beyond me.

Maybe this info will help some other PJ 64 users.

Have a nice day!

Allen

The Cheat4="Infinite\Energy & Breath",803094DE 0008 Cheats is for the (E) Region Game

The Cheat4="Infinite\Energy & Breath",8033B21D 0008 Code is for the U Region but it should have been 8033B21E 0008. My Opologise for that. Just change the 16-bit 1964 code you are using for the above 8-bit one please. The reason 1964 has the 16-bit code is because it had a few problems with the 8 bit memory codes when i was doing it :)

OP
A

allen

Thanks Gent. The correct cheat code you provided works fine now for the (U) version rom.

Regarding the CP, I have already filled in the Comp specs fields and I want it display at the bottom of my posts. I thought there would be a check box or something similar to do that but I dont see anything.

Thanks again.

Allen:p

franpa

go to control panel click on the left ( edit profile )
scroll down add your system specs then scroll all the way down and click save settings