What's new

FF7 Problem on PCSX

bizzarro_strife

Not Allowed Custom Title
I'm using PCSX and have a brand-new FFVII disc in it and when I start the program it says.

"MISSING BIOS Pcsx wasn't able to locate any PlayStation BIOS ROM files. This means it will run in BIOS simulation which is less stable and compatible than using real Playstation BIOS. IF you have BIOS available copy to ~/Library/Application/Pcsx/Bios/~ "

I know this may sound dumb to all of you but, what the hell are BIOS? Can anyone tell me what bios I need or give a link where I can download them. I'm fairly new to Emulators for 3-D systems (I'm used to Game gear, SNES, NES emu's) I was just wanting some help. BTW I'm using an imac G5 and I'm wondering if the G-5 part could be a problem. please just any help would be much appreciated! I can play up to the fight when you first get off the train and then after I attack once or heal or use magic or do anything once it freezes.

I REALLY, REALLY NEED HELP! And if you can't help please sugest another emulator I can use with the original discs or give me a link to where I can get the rom!

Last edited:

Jakob

evil *******
fyi: if it wasn't entirely obvious that you are a newbie(as opposed to the derogatory form.. "n00b"), there wouldn't have been a warning;D

Anyhow, to answer your question, bios stands for Basic Input Output System, think of it as the instinct to breathe, without it, the hardware doesn't know what to do and thusly, does nothing at all, it is hardware specific and very complicated, not publicly documented and in many instances somewhat arbitrary, in other words, you need the real thing, or rather a copy, which brings us to the standard response to anyone looking for anything(especially if it is illegal and against the rules), google is your friend:D