What's new

Dolphin Final 1.03 BETA Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedRunner

I'm just a lurker to this forum.. and don't participate in the discussion often...

I want to know, whats all the excitement about? I mean really. Its a four year old game system that you can buy used on ebay for ~30-50 bucks. You can get games on ebay for less than 5 dollars. Don't get me wrong, I support game emulation... I think its cool to play your console games on your pc. However, there is nothing to get excited about right now... you guys get an emulator from the dolphin team that barely plays games at all, has been in development for years, and you act as if they put on a man on the moon. Come on. It's a dead emulator, too. You guys can plainly see that there isn't a real gamecube emulator yet. So why even discuss gamecube emulation? I'm not trying to be rude, but aren't there better things to do then to camp around and wait for some sluggish developers to take 10+ for a new release?

Live4ever1

Noob Till I Die
O dear you have completly lost the point. Well let me tell you i envy the dolphin team and once asked to help but it was to technical for me to even start so i left it. man these people have taken there time for free to make this emulator and all youve got to say is basically its shit!! Man it didnt take the romans 2 weeks to build rome huh?? Anyways good luck to the dolphin team great progress through the years just a shame to see ya stop.

Clements

SpeedRunner said:
I'm just a lurker to this forum.. and don't participate in the discussion often...

I want to know, whats all the excitement about? I mean really. Its a four year old game system that you can buy used on ebay for ~30-50 bucks. You can get games on ebay for less than 5 dollars. Don't get me wrong, I support game emulation... I think its cool to play your console games on your pc. However, there is nothing to get excited about right now... you guys get an emulator from the dolphin team that barely plays games at all, has been in development for years, and you act as if they put on a man on the moon. Come on. It's a dead emulator, too. You guys can plainly see that there isn't a real gamecube emulator yet. So why even discuss gamecube emulation? I'm not trying to be rude, but aren't there better things to do then to camp around and wait for some sluggish developers to take 10+ for a new release?

You don't understand anything about emulation at all, the levels of difficulty involved in even getting a single commercial game to even show a menu, or the motives of an emulator dev team. People are celebrating the technical achievement, and it is an achievement. This emulator is not even meant for warez, never was and never will be, if you thought that then you are really kidding yourself.

mix

Yeah, and the Dolphin team owe you nothing. They're giving this to us for free. How about YOU make an emulator and see how far you get.

chichi

Knuckles said:
common bug, happens to me on my laptop , gotta have ector to fix that

as I said, memcards are inserted by default and can't be removed. you need to launch a game that will ask you to format them (SSBM or BAM3k for example)

Thank you for the reply:bunny:

WhiteX

SpeedRunner said:

I come from the time when transparency effects on a snes emulator were a big deal, i come from a time when the VESA version mattered a lot.
you take things for granted, well ppl at the emulator scene cheer at every single fps improvement, every technology improvement, you my friend, you just want to play for free.

ScOr_311

The Force be with you!!!
Great:bouncy: , Thanks Dolphin team for this very good works.
:party:
I can't test the emul now so i want to know if the yazor graphic plugin have been implanted?
Thanks again for this release.

Live4ever1

Noob Till I Die
Hi ppl its really bugin me bad because dolphin 1.03 crashes every time i try to load a game it starts goes to black screen in the emulator then an error screen appears saying there is a problem with the emu and needs to close. When i use 1.02 it works ok plz could i have some help because im dyin to try this out and ive seeen the ss of it runnin. It crashes on both my 2 games (Animal Crossing and Pokemon Colleseum). Thnx

Last edited:

mix

Live4ever1 said:
Hi ppl its really bugin me bad because dolphin 1.03 crashes every time i try to load a game it starts goes to black screen in the emulator then an error screen appears saying there is a problem with the emu and needs to close. When i use 1.02 it works ok plz could i have some help because im dyin to try this out and ive seeen the ss of it runnin. It crashes on both my 2 games (Animal Crossing and Pokemon Colleseum). Thnx

Try this. http://www.emutalk.net/dolphin/30999-shader-probs-dolphin-final-1-03-beta-fix.html

matt2110

Even though there is no sound and the fps are slow (what is normal), there is a big graphic improvement. I would like to say a big BRAVO to the dolphin team for their incredible free work!!!

afwefwe

Knuckles said:
common bug, happens to me on my laptop , gotta have ector to fix that

The bug only shows up when your machine doesn't have a writable D: drive. Someone forgot to turn off some debug code in VideoPlugin.dll that tries to write to d:\stream.dmp and D:\dlistlogs.txt. Everything works fine when those paths are changed to valid paths so the fopen works and it doesn't try to fprintf to NULL.

talker

Nice release and good to see that it still is some progres with the Dolphin Emu.
Keep on the good stuff...

Tiduas

"Even though there is no sound and the fps are slow (what is normal), there is a big graphic improvement. I would like to say a big BRAVO to the dolphin team for their incredible free work!!!"

When i tested Naruto 3 it was sound. Altough it didnt sound to well when the fps layed on 4 when i played =D (in the menu 10-11)

Thanks Dolphin team for a superb work!

The games does actually works now.
And just one question, is this the FINAL, no more after this?
Or do you just mean the FINAL beta version?

zaba_3

Tiduas said:
"Even though there is no sound and the fps are slow (what is normal), there is a big graphic improvement. I would like to say a big BRAVO to the dolphin team for their incredible free work!!!"

When i tested Naruto 3 it was sound. Altough it didnt sound to well when the fps layed on 4 when i played =D (in the menu 10-11)

Thanks Dolphin team for a superb work!

The games does actually works now.
And just one question, is this the FINAL, no more after this?
Or do you just mean the FINAL beta version?
well this is latest beta but no one cna know is this final release or not

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I never thought that Fires let this to release...
I have to update my project, because I didn't worked on it for nearly 6 month, but no problem in nearly 1 or 2 weeks you will have the Dolphi Update pack with a lot more INI entries and probably some tools...
Have to look which tools i get finished...

BTW: My name is not written in the staff list under Dolphin Beta tester team...?!
Fires forget me!

Last edited:

maxim(L2)

flocke28 said:
is it true?! WOW.. unbelievable... :bouncy:

ist starts.. but.. the first Message is a error:

"unknown Country Code" :blush:
(is Harvest Moon: A wonderful Life Multi Pal)

same thing happens with the ntsc, so it just the emulator :saint:

Status
Not open for further replies.