What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Beta Mario 64 GUI Pack

Tjalian

I've made the textures for the cactus, but after seeing it in-game just now I realise it needs a bit of work.

Nevertheless, I thought I'd show you all :)

El Kameleon

hey, thats a pretty good job :p but yeah, the face looks a wee bit flat, nothing a little photoshop tweaks cant fix ;) keep it up!

Tjalian

Heh, thanks dude :D

I figured out the problem(aside from what El Kameleon just said), the face is actually a bit too small. I'll work on it tomorrow :p

Vanit

Sorry about my eariler post, what I said was harsh and I should've been more supportive. Now I've seen more progress I can say you're doing pretty well considering the program you're working with :).

talker

I like this idèa!
I have never seen anything betashot from SuperMario64, so this was a big, great suprise for me.

Keep on' making Beta SM64 grapich.
I might come with some progress from myself, too, into this pack.

Sry for the bad spelling of my english.. I'm in a hurry right now...
C ya..

OP
T

TS_Death_Angel

Added a white border around the power meter as I think there was a faint white border around it. Tell me what you think:
http://img462.imageshack.us/my.php?image=102620051610292iz.jpg

Edit:
Made the X smaller and yellow. After studying some beta shots, this is more accurate.:
http://img461.imageshack.us/my.php?image=102620051615283sy.jpg

But ofcourse, for someone to make a perfect beta retexture, we would need to do some hacking. Namely on the interface:
Get two digits even when you only have 1 coin/star/life (ex. 01)
Move the stars under the coins
Hide the camera option in the bottom right corner.

Last edited:
OP
T

TS_Death_Angel

I've done that with Lakitu and the down C button, but the mario head next to the lives is the same as the one that appears in the bottom right corner when pressing R :(

Weatherton

I think the most interesting changes in Mario 64 (as far as textures go, because some features were removed like the Bowser spin angle meter) are illustrated in these two images:

I know there are more images of the castle inside, but there used to be a nighttime theme:
mario01.jpg

Check out the floor!
whompbullet.jpg

I remember these images from Nintendo Power, thanks to Z for hosting them though. :robot:

OP
T

TS_Death_Angel

Weatherton said:
thanks to Z for hosting them though. :robot:
No worries :p As for the polka dot texture: I think it'd be pretty easy to get this texture from the image. I'll work on that now :)

Nin_10_Dough

I wonder if those builds still exist somewhere. Say when Nintendo launches it's download service for the rev and you download mario64, you get all beta builds as well. That alone would warrant a revolution purchase imo :p.

I have a few beta vids somewhere, sound effects are different too. This is a promising project, good luck!

The Dave

There two scenarios as to what would have been done with that beta.

1) It's on a dev cart somewhere in a vault.
2) A developer was ordered to destroy existence of it.

Pantuflo

Me and my head...

Edit: "head1" (into the compressed file attached) is the hand drawing style one, and "head" is the beta "copy and paste" style. :p

Last edited: