What's new

Help about iso

Idiot_man

I've downloaded a dreamcast's iso: Marvel vs Capcom 2.
The game is compressed in a archive .ZIP
In the archive there are the follows files:
-mvsc2.001
-mvsc2.002
-mvsc2.003
-mvsc2.004
-mvsc2.005
-mvsc2.006
-mvsc2.007
-mvsc2.008
-mvsc2.009

What are this files?
Generally I find files in format .cdi or .ccd .
How can the game run? I must transform this files in a cd image?
Help me!

Glampire

Just open the first one then they all open automatically to the destination you chose then you'll find the files you are looking for. I have that exact game you have (ISO)

tell me if you are able to play it. because i cant :/

OP
I

Idiot_man

Thanks Glampiere. Now i have only an image cd. But when a click on start in chankast, the game don't run.
Why? How can the game start?

me83

hey i have a similar problem as the topic-maker except that even after unzipping the file (it's for another game btw), there seems to be no ccd, cdi file or any file that runs the game for that matter. what am i supposed to do next?

OP
I

Idiot_man

Mount the image using Daemon Tools
I've already mounted the image but nothing. The game doesn't run.

Now I show you my situation:
--I've unzip the game.
--The file unzipped there were mvsc2.001, mvsc2.002, etc.
--With a program (name: HjSplit 2.2), I've transformed the files in a file (I think is an image cd but I'm not sure because there wasn't the file format.
Name's file was: "MVSC" .I don't know if it is .iso or .cdi. or etc.)
--However I've renamed the file in .iso (just to try) and I mounted it with daemon tools
--But when I use chankast the game don't run. Why?

If somebody know the solution contact me or reply at this post

WhiteX

forget this split thingie, get winrar ( http://www.rarlab.com/ ) to mingle the pieces together and then you will have a CD image.
this is quite annoying for we are telling ppl how to handle their warez, not helping the chankast operation in any way.

j1125

ok, so your saying use winrar to mingle them together? ive never done this before im new to it, the only game ive managed to burn for my dreamcast was unreal, i used winrar to compress the files, but it didnt change anything, instead i used some splitting program that rejoined all the .001 .002 ect files into one file, was i correct in doing this? and if so, what do i use to burn it now? i dont want to waste a cd because im poor, lol and cds are expensive here for some reason

END-TIME-X

Alpha & Omega
Basic way to do this is: Get and install winrar. Right click on the first archive file (.001), and select open, and check choose program myself. From the software list, select winrar. It'll open winrar for you, and show you the iso file inside the archive. You can then right click on the file shown, and hit "extract to specified location" It'll extract the iso for you from the archive file you opened, as well as the others.

Using programs to piece archive files back together is usually a hassle. It's always best to open the first archive file with Winrar, and just extract the file from that.

Then just mount the iso using daemontools, and run it from within ChanKast.
It should work fine, as I've got this game also. Don't forget the capcom hack.