What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Vanit's Sin and Punishment Translation/Retexture Project

Vanit

This is a translation for the underrated N64 game, Sin and Punishment. There's nothing more for me to say that's not in the readme except for that I worked really hard on this :D. Also a special thanks to TheFreak who provided the translation of the epilogue for me. Have a cookie!

Also for a bit a tech support; if you notice that during cut scenes there is a message saying "PRESSUSTARTUBUTTON" you can rectify that by going to the graphic options, then the Game Default Options tab, and uncheck the box for 'Accurate Texture Mapping'. And that should set it back to "PRESS START BUTTON" without the u's instead of spaces.

Take note that this is not a 'traditional' rom hack that is applied via IPS. I have used Rice's Texture Plugin to replace the images in a far more friendly manner. This method allows for a higher resolution and takes far less time to code (where it may be near impossible to hack the rom itself). For this reason my translation can only be used in an emulator (not including Xbox emulators)

Download:
http://adf.ly/HlbQZ

Screenshots:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

More screenshots after the break in the spoiler!
  Spoiler:
sp01.jpg

sp02.jpg

sp03.jpg

sp04.jpg

sp05.jpg

sp06.jpg

Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:

Quvack

Nice work! :) I was planning on doing this eventually but other projects got in the way of it :) looks good though!

Weatherton

Sweet... though I don't really see a reason to change the subtitles in-game I'm glad you were able to do the main screens.

Last edited:
OP
V

Vanit

cooliscool: Your post on the NGEmu forums was the thing that gave me the idea to translate this :).

Weatherton: I'm aiming for a complete translation in every sense of the word. My goal is to have no Jap left in the game when I'm finished, and that means redoing the subtitles. Besides, without them the story always seems to go through one ear and out the other.

Weatherton

Fair enough, I just kind of liked that stylistic feel -- constantly reminded how I had imported the game :) In any case, I hope this gam gets some ingame texture love as well it is a great game! Are there a lot of textures in this game? I know it was one of the last N64 games...

OP
V

Vanit

The translation is coming along well. I've translated the pause menu among a lot of other little tid bits and a friend of mine is working on the translation of the training script. Also, I noticed as I was playing to dump files that there was a lot of static which supposedly is an emulation error. However, I also noticed that all this static is actually being dumped... so it might be possible for me to replace these files with blank ones so the static is completely removed. I'll look into it.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
The static is caused by incorrect FB settings. Plugins with HWFBE such as Direct64 do not have this issue. Try changing the settings in Rice's, or use Direct64.

OP
V

Vanit

Well, I tried replacing the files and it worked to an extent ^___^. I think there's a few files I didn't replace.

RolodeX

Emulation addict
Great job, but...

Can someone tell me what's this game about? Never seen it in my life...

Couldn't guess by the screenshots...

Clements

It's a 3rd Person Shooter. Sin and Punishment is one of the most famous (and best) N64 games to be released in Japan only.