What's new

Want to help Audio Compatibility?

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I am working on a new method for audio emulation on the Nintendo 64. But I need your help. In this thread, list the games that you have which have no Audio (like Hydro Thunder) in the previous Azimer Audio versions. The restriction, is that the ROM must work on Apollo, but it should be a problem since its compatibility is on-par with PJ64. I will then attempt to get this rom working when my new Audio DLL is released and it contains the new Audio Code. So I will start the list of Roms with Graphics but not Audio.

Hydro Thunder

EDIT: You can test of PJ64 or Apollo... but remember to include the emulator you had this issue in, and what audio code revision, audio code you used. Please keep in mind some ROMs use MusyX. A good test to see if the audio code is working is to see if the the emu is counting Audio Lists (Apollo w/ Debug and 1964 both do this).

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Actually... I get audio lists in both those... it just doesn't do anything lol. :) When I get audio lists... it means I am getting sound emulation. Especially if I get audio lists AND audio buffers sent to the plugin.

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
sk8bloke22 said:
the world is not enough - pj64

thats i think all i can remember.

Using my sound plugin from 1964, I get audio in TWINE PAL version. I don't know about US, but I believe it would be the same.

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Yup... some others would be Tarzan, Hydro Thunder (not positive), Rouge Squadron, SF Rush 2049, Indiana Jones... There are more but I can't think of them atm.

Martin

Administrator
I'd help out but I don't have any games to test. Or well, does Super Mario 64 count? :p

Ruesselschnurps

The Mad Wombat
"The Gentleman" posted in another Topic that there is sound in the "(e)" version of Rayman 2 - The Great Escape, with Azimers v.040 Audio Beta 2, i only tested it with the (U) Version......