What's new

Gundam Wing Endless Duel Thread

a4relzwutazn

Hey guys I come from shoryuken.com, forums.zbattle.net, and gamefaqs

I came because Tye stik asked me to come here to post up some tips I've been making about this game.

We're currently in the process of trying to make some videos available for people to watch how the game is played and such.

TRYING TO BRING BACK AN OLD GAME! Anyway...
if you enjoy GW:ED, I hope you find something useful in the things I say about the game.

What's up guys? Hi, I'm game_tip. I play GW:ED and DBZ HD but lets make this an informative GW:ED topic. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there looking to become better in this game but cannot find the right material or opponents to play.

First of all, I would like to list a tier list

Top Tier:
Shenlong, Epyon

Mid Tier:
everyone else.

Other than Shen and Epyon, everyone else has a fair chance at beating each other. Though I'm not particularly a Tallgeese fan myself, Tallgeese has whupped my ass in the past.

Short Guide on the terms I will use:
s. - standing
c. - crouching/low
j. - jump
sj - super jump
ad - air dash
bd - block dash
xx - cancel
Y - weak punch
X - strong punch
B - weak weapon
A - strong weapon
wake up - getting up after being knocked down
qcf - quarter circle forward / down, downforward, forward
qcb - quarter circle backwards / down, downback, back

Great, now that I got that down. I hope everyone else will use the same terms to lessen the confusion later on.

ANYONE can contribute to this thread. THERE ARE NO STUPID QUESTIONS! (meaning any question you ask, even if it's been asked before, it's not stupid)

Anyway lets get along shall we?

First off, I like to start off with some basics.

Tip #1

There has been a trend ALWAYS in the GW:ED community and that's SUPER JUMPING on a wake up. ALWAYS, I always see this happen.

My friends, if you play against me. You know I will always mess people up if you super jump. The best thing to do IMO is to patiently crouch block until you feel like you can read your opponent well enough to know that you can super jump away.

Tip #2

Another thing, block dashing backwards is a good thing if you missed an attack or if your attack is blocked. It's a good thing, it's not great. If your opponent reads it, you're screwed because near the end of a back block dash you are vulernable to crouching attacks

Tip #3

All supers are qcf, qcf + any button. With the exception of Wing/Wing Zero. They both have an extra super that you can do qcb, qcb + any button.

Also with people that you can't do air supers with (Tallgeese, Sandrock, Wing0, HeavyArms, Mercurius)

You actually can do air supers with them. You just can't do it off a Super Jump or an Air Dash. ONLY ONLY ONLY JUMP.

The motion is this FOR GUNDAMS THAT I LISTED ABOVE
qcf, qcf + TWO buttons

Anyways that's it for general basics.
My own advice on how to get better, just practice execution. I know there are a lot of keyboard players that play GW:ED. I don't use keyboard but meh practice! It sucks when your stuff doesn't come out because you didn't execute it right.

what's up guys? it's cool any input is good :)

Avelon said:
Something I'm fond of using is the 'rebound'. Attacks push you backwards a bit; more so if the target is blocking. You can move to the opposite corner of the screen almost instantly if you can read the block and boost backwards DURING the attack.

IMO, corner isn't the best place to be unless you have high priority attacks like Shenlong (s. A)/Epyon (j. X). Though the Block dash backwards is good, I would use it more so to get the "upper hand."

Yes, whenever you get hit, you do get pushed back. But you can cancel out the "push back" part by Block Dashing Backwards (or Super Jumping up [thus why people began to super jump so much x_x]) to cancel out the "moving back" part of your opponent's attack on your block.

Whenever you Block Dash backwards, you will most likely land in a position where you'll want to SJ upwards (due to the fact I believe there is some delay after Block Dash backwards on all Gundams.)

Avelon said:
If memory serves, this is also the move to cancel Merc's shield, but I don't use the shield in the first place. So I don't know.
Tip #4

Mercurius' Shield Attack: Shield must be activated (qcb + any button), then HCF + any button

weak version just shoots it straight forward, up, back, down
strong version gives the projectiles homing ability

good to use after you knockdown or from far away to close in on your opponents

Shenlong is stronger than Wing. Wing does give Shenlong trouble due to his projectiles but his projectiles are slow.

A dashing Shenlong doing s. A vs. a Wing doing qcf weak will trade off most likely causing Wing to fall to the ground giving Shenlong the advantage of doing his mix up attacks.

I believe Wing vs. Shenlong matchup is underrated as well but I still believe Shenlong to be the victor.
Wing has quite the arsenal to own up Shenlong with projectiles, s. X, c. A, j. X or B.
But unlike Shenlong, all his normal moves are very important.

Why Shenlong is top tier is because all his normals are VERY important and can all be very very good.

Plus Shenlong has his dragon claw glitch :)

Tip #5

Shenlong Dragon Claw Glitch
qcf + strong in the air allows you an extra SJ from wherever you are doing the strong version of the Dragon Claw

Up to 300 energy, you can run away from your opponent for 8 seconds.
Even Epyon's super photons could not hit you off the screen.

Avelon: you make good points that Shenlong lacks a good projectile to fight these guys but... Block Dash owns it all. After any gundam does his/her special projectile (other than DS not entirely sure) and if the opponent block dashs through the projectiles, s/he will not be able to sweep them fast enough. The opponent will escape by super jumping or blocking downward most likely

Tip #6

Put Vulcans to good use. Yes they give your opponent lots of energy if blocked, but Vulcans will pressure your opponent and give you the upper hand if you use them correctly.

any punch button = vulcan (with the right distance you'll see that aim thing)
down + any punch button = raised vulcan height a bit higher

Deathscythe is scrubby. Just because he has a one hit kill doesn't mean he excels in his normals.

It's hard to get the infinite on a good player unless you use the Low/Throw tactic

Tip #7

Low/Throw Tactic
Used with any Gundam that can Jab
Dash in with a Jab, you can follow up with the following..

1. Low Attack
2. Throw
3. Jump Anti Air (basically your jump attack that hits upward)

Usually after you jab, your opponent will most likely do one of the following

1. Try to counter throw you (which will have them holding back + any button)
2. block your attack (in which you throw)
(3. Super Jump)

This is basically a different version of "tick throw." It's also a big part of any Gundam strategies and a big part of my own.

I can use this with basically any Gundam. I can show setups later. If you like to try to prove me wrong on this, play me.

Zero is really good Avelon. He's the first gundam I ever used seriously. down A is beastly.

Anyway if there is anything wrong about what I said, please correct me :) I like the community to get the correct info.

New terms:
HCF - Half Circle Forward. Back, downback, down, downforward, Forward
HCB - Half Circle Backwards. Forward, downforward, down, downback, Back

McCool said:
Correction: You don't need to HCF for merc's shield thingy, quarter circle works.

I never knew that shenlong strong dragonclaw bug... I heard it mentioned, but never figured out what people were referring to. Funny stuff. I like that.

Yeah, you're right sorry about that. I'll fix it later.

Avelon said:
Shen-Long does have excellent normals, but not much else. His attack speed is a definite advantage, but take for example Deathscythe. He can dash for more or less the same effect as a blocking back-dash, and he can attack as soon as he stops moving, or super jump, or whatever needs to be done. Shen-Long's excellent attacks, combos, and other such are worthless if you can't hit, and about the only way you're going to hit a talented Deathscythe player with Shen is by dashing yourself, which leaves you wide open to someone with good reflexes.

Same goes for DS. His infinite is not easy to get on a good opponent. The thing is... Most of Shen's moves just have more priority over DS.

You can throw Deathscythe out of his normal dash due to the fact you can't counter during the throw (unless you press a button but that would cause DS to get out of regular dash mode)

All Shenlong really has to do is Super Jump/Jump Back with down B to keep Deathscythe away. Suppose you're fighting against another player whose defense was near perfect. Blocking and teching every move. There is still chip though due to all weapons attacks. Shenlong can literally poke DS to death.

Shenlong can force DS to come to him. Sure, DS has a projectile, but anyone can see that coming.

Tip #8
All weapon attacks that are blocked will chip off Gundam's hp

DS cannot reach Shenlong in order to start the infinite. (If you're going to refer to down B, from a far away distance *which trades off with Shen's s. A* it will not combo.

Take for instance the beginning of a match, if Shenlong does s. A and DS does down B. I'm for sure it will trade or Shenlong will hit first.

The only ways you can really start the DS infinite

Tip #9
How to do the DS infinite

DS infinite
anywhere
c. B, s. A xx qcf strong, repeat

Ways to connect the DS infinite

1. Jump in A, land, qcf strong, infinite
2. Dash in c. Y, infinite
3. Vulcan from far away (opponent must be on ground), qcf strong, infinite
4. c. B (if close enough), qcf strong

Notice how the opponent HAS to be on the ground at all times in order to start up the infinity.

I'm not a DS player myself but... jump A seems to have great priority. It hits in super jump range, jump range, ground range. All at the same time.

Avelon said:
Zero doesn't have a desireable set of attacks. Down+X is craptastic, standing B doesn't hit (most?) Gundams on the ground unless you're dashing forward, Y (standing or crouching) has poor range, his super takes too long...Heavy-Arms could knock you down easily if you missed, its 'uppercut' special leaves it vulnerable too long, and recovery time is unspeakably bad if you miss a normal.

The best use of Zero I can think of would be hit & run with the beam sword. You can pull off a 4-hit combo with A/Down+A coming down from above, or incorporate X into it and get a ground combo...

c. X is good. It knocks them down and hits low. You can always cancel out mistakes with block dashing backward or super jumping. Always.
Who uses Standing B? Last I saw most people use jumping B in order to counter people who super jump too much. Jump B, FDF + any button.

c. A is too good. s. Y hits low also. Wing0's qcb is great for anti air from afar or when they are dropping in on you.

Tip #10
If you rely on supers in order to beat others, you're not really good.

Wing0's super isn't great, but last I saw I never used supers much to begin with to win my matches. Wing0's down A beats out so much it's not even funny.

Not to mention Wing0's c. A, blockdash forward, throw over and over again
If they decide to super jump, jump B them in the face.

About ground combos with Wing0, s. A hits knocked down opponents as well. If you time s. A right you can follow up with c. A and it'll force your opponent to block. Usually, it's s. Y for 3-5 times then s. A into c. A, BD forward, throw

I believe Wing0 can hold his own quite well.

New Terms:
FDF - Forward, Down, Forward (Dragon Punch motion) [yes I know you stated this before Avelon but I'm just listing it here for future references]

Since we're talking about infinites...

Tip #11
Infinitys -
Epyon
close to your opponent
c. B, qcb weak xx B, land, repeat

Sandrock
corner close
s. A xx qcf strong xx block dash forward, repeat

Semi Infinitys
Wing
close, anywhere
s. Y, s. X xx BD f, repeat

Question: How can we bring in more people to get interested in GW:ED?

I believe taping match videos is the key.
We must all learn how to tape match videos but not just through ZSNES. I'm talking about .mpg, .avi, .wma, etc formats

Anyway...

Tip #12
Cross ups and Combos

Wing Cross up
Opponent must be on floor
Dash in, c. Y, j. forward, A

Epyon Cross up
Opponent must be on the floor
Dash in close, qcb + strong, X, land on other side

Mercurius 5 hit X air combo
Opponent is standing on the floor
sj. X, land, slow j. X, land, s. X xx sj X, land, j. X
practice the timing on this combo, you'll get the hang of it

Wing Air Combo
Opponent must land on the tip of s. X
s. X xx sj, A xx FDF strong
powerful combo, I use it all the time

Game_tip's Unique Epyon Combo (yes this combo is mine <_< and mine only but you guys can do it too >_>.)
c. A, qcb + weak, B, land xx jump xx Y xx qcf strong, move downforward, move upforward, land, dash in xx c. A, c. B, c. A, c. B, c. A xx qcb weak, B, land, c. A

Tip #13
Game_tip HeavyArms Strategy

Usually, I don't like the regular style of only keep away HeavyArms into throw, otg, dash in combo. Though it is very very powerful indeed (as you just need 2 or 3 of these combos to finish off your opponent.) I don't like to only rely on one thing ever.

If you guys don't know what I'm talking about... it's basically this combo

HeavyArms
anywhere
Y throw xx c. X (otg), dash in, c. B, c. X, s. A or c. A

if you're in the corner though, it's better to use X throw xx c. X (otg) as it does much more dmg.

New Terms:
OTG - Off the Ground

A good patient HeavyArms can get rid of any Gundam for free if s/he knows how to block dash backwards properly in order to get the throw. Of course that's not my style though. That's the general use of HA is to just keepaway

The new HeavyArm's I'm going to introduce to you is the use of his j. X and j. B.

Basically if you notice, HeavyArm's jump is very very small. I believe he has the smallest jump in the whole game. Because of this, you can just repeatedly do j. X to lock your opponent down.

If you are in the corner and your opponent tries to super jump, j. X will usually hit your opponent out of the super jump.

Tip #14
Small tidbit of information if you didn't already know:
During the super jump while the Gundam is going straight up, s/he cannot block.

Moving along, your opponent will must likely try to counter using a move that outprioritizes (not sure if that's a word) HeavyArm's j. X (yes there are moves that outbeat this but you can predict it coming and just go back to defensive mode).

When you start the j. X rushdown when your j. X first hits

you can either do one of the following:
1. do another j. X to keep them locked down (no chip though)
2. j. B to break their standing block
3. j. Y, land, throw
4. Predict your opponents next move and follow up by blocking or getting out of the way

j. X itself has massive priority in the front and a bit under him. It's also very fast.

The only way for a gundam to get out if s/he doesn't have a move that beats out the j. X is to block dash forward but rarely anyone does that.

If they do, just block and go into defensive mode. Throw them back into the corner, OTG c. X for the win.

HeavyArm's FDF missles are good too only from far away though.

j. A is also part of HeavyArm's semi infinite? or infinite? I'm not sure, no one has ever really done it and put it on video.

j. A catches opponents who are in super jump air and pushes them back up.
Remember what I said about HeavyArm's having a small jump? Well you can j. A again in order to continue hitting getting in a few hits.

If you know your j. A won't hit again, just j. back X. Best protection there

Oh By the way, HIS SUPER IS AWESOME. Use it when you can.
Especially doing it in jump Air when the opponent thinks he can hit you.
It'll do massive loads of damage.

Here's how to do it again if you forgot:
jump, qcf qcf + two attack buttons.

Tip #15

All supers have invincibly frames. Try to learn about 'em on your own gundam, it can make all the difference if you time your supers correctly.

Anyway that's pretty much it for HeavyArms and tips for today

I just want to let everyone know, I post the same exact posts @ GameFAQs GW:ED board, Shoryuken's Zbattle/Kaillera/Netplay board, and Zbattle.net General Forums.

FatalFuryD said:
You forgot one really minor thing though, which is that sandrock's dp can be cancelled into 2-button movement.
That's true, only if blocked though. If Sandrock's DP is blocked, it puts him in a bad position which is why you should SJ out or Block Dash backwards.

Thanks for taking your time to read guys. I just want to share my knowledge about the game and hope it'll bring back the GW:ED scene.

Gen2000 said:
Recored the replays through Zsnes, then convert to .avi, mpg, etc. formats with Screen Capture programs such as Fraps, Camtasia, or HyperCam (Registered version unless you don't mind your vids having the "Unregister" watermark).

Using the Zsnes to record the replays is easier IMO than just recording directly to .avi, etc. formats because you can record many, many replays per session vs. a few matches directly converted into .avi format since raw .avi files can take up a alot of space and may lag down your matches even more.

Thanks, I think I'll try Fraps. Last time, I couldn't get it to work for some reason but I'll try to record some match vids and have some people look @ it.

Alright, I'm going to talk about Wing today

Tip #16
Wing Strategies

First of all, I want to say...
standing QCF + strong is really really good. But only when your opponent is coming up from wake up or if your opponent is far away from you.

It's constant pressure! constant! But there is a bit of delay at the end of it, so you want to either block dash backwards/forwards, or super jump and meet your opponent in the air or jump in on him.

Wing Trap
Corner (works outside Corner but best in Corner) and opponent is knocked down
dash in c. Y, c. B, s. A xx qcf strong, block dash in to cancel the delay

That's the start up of the Trap... you have the options of doing the following:

1. throw
2. j. forward B xx FDF + strong (only do the FDF if the j. forward B hits)
3. s. Y, throw
4. s. Y, c. Y, s. X -> semi infinite or FDF combo
5. let them SJ and wait till they fall then s. X (opponent will hit the tip of your shield) xx sj xx A xx FDF strong

I'll review each option.
Option #1 will glitch up the tech throw spacing.
Usually whenever you tech throw, you and your opponent will be pushed back from each other.

But in this special case, for Wing after doing the follow up trap. If you opponent tries to tech throw, both of you will not be pushed back allowing you the option to try to throw again.

Remember, tech throwing chips off your opponents life. The only way to escape this tactic is if your opponent tries to throw you instead of teching your throw.

Tip #17
Tech Throwing
If you tech throw your opponents throw, it will cost you some of your hp. Tech throwing your opponents throw will push you back also.

If your opponent techs your throw in the air. You're still given the option to block/special/super before you hit the ground.

Option #2 will hit those opponents who try to super jump all the time to escape the corner. If it hits, go for another Wing Trap setup. If they block, don't do the FDF. Your opponent can fall and you can either jump B again, if they jump.

Or try the Low/Throw combination. s. Y, throw or s. Y, c. Y, s. X

Hit or no hit, your opponent will come back to the ground keeping the upper hand.

Option 3 is for those patient players trying to study you/trying to calm down/whatever.

Option 4 is for the players predicting your tick throw, which you can punish into the semi-infinite. Refer to Tip 11 on how to do it.

Option 5
Putting tip #15 into good use. Sometimes, people trapped in the corner will super jump and try to come down on you with an attack. Your s. X will beat out anything that comes down on Wing like that.

Also with Wing...
c. A covers anything in front of him and a bit in the air coming diagonally
s. X will cover anything above that
FDF + weak or strong, the last hit will cover all that left over space but it's slow and not too reliable

for example
W = wing
O = open area
X = where it'll hit

c. A:
ooooo
oooxx
owxxx

s. X
ooxoo
ooxxo
owxxo

FDF + weak or strong
oooxx
ooxxx
owxoo

During mid-screen battles, if you knock them down... I like to do this

dash, c. Y, j. forward, A - Wing Cross up. Tip #12 again.

Most likely, they'll fall for it. They usually block and that's where you do the Low/Throw combination again.

If they block dash backwards, Great. They're in the corner now :)
If they super jump, Great. Beat 'em down again with j. B or j. X
If they jump backwards, Great. Land and c. A, qcf strong, BD forward

They'll super jump or stay still. Just up to you to follow what they do and counter.

QCB + weak / strong is good for follow up hits on c. A if you hit them in the air. If they're not in the air just QCF strong

When coming down from a Jump or SJ, Y or A are pretty good.

Tip #18
With most Gundams, coming down with Y will allow you to tick throw them afterwards.

Hmm that's pretty much it for Wing strategies for me, for now.

Hey guys, another good day for GW:ED I must say :)

Tip #19
Deathscythe Strategies

Alright, I'm going to be honest. I'm not great with Deathscythe but I can win with him.

Things people should be aware of.
Most of Deathscythe's normals are alright. Not anything too fancy but I like j. A. I think I talked about it before where j. A covers super jump air, jump air, and the standing ground. If it connects you can QCF + strong into the infinite.

Honestly, people who can't get around the infinite need to jump more ;). Just joking, the infinite is hard to get on in the first place.

Refer to Tip #9 for more details on the DS Infinite

Deathscythe's teleport is good. I like it a lot better than block dashing.

Deathscythe's FDF + weak is safer than FDF + strong but I wouldn't do FDF + weak too much.

One weakness I noticed with Deathscythe, if your opponent has a beam super and 200 energy. If you try to qcf + weak/strong him on wake up and he blocks. He can counter super right away and Deathscythe will not be able to block dash or super jump away. He has lots of delay when QCF hits so be careful about that. Only use it as a wake up when your opponent doesn't have the energy to super you.

The Low Attack/Throw strategy is really really good for Deathscythe. Try to use it and understand it.

Yup that's pretty much it except for one more thing

Oh and a correction on the Wing corner trap. If you want to Y then throw, sometimes you have to block dash then add an extra dash and press Y right away to cancel dash.

The Ulukai said:
Couple of points -

When they do a low attack on you after a blockdash backward and you try to block low or tech then you'll get hit. However you can use the super's invinc the moment you land to blow through the attack or, even easier, just super jump when you land and miss being tripped completely.

The low hit also beats instant throw when they land from jumping/s.jump/hit in air, you just have to time it late. It's easier with c.X's due to their meatyness, but you can do it with c.B's that hit low.

And with HA the reason to do the c.B, c.X, c.A series after OTG is because if they try to super jump on wakeup, c.A stuffs it, and once they land you get free QCB throw. And if they tech you get another free QCB throw. x N. Because the throw is instant and out of counterthrowing range you can do it constantly and tech them to death - taking the hit here is actually the better thing to do. (Course that's if they always get the timing for the throw right.)
I found this very informative.

Okay just to let everyone know who comes out when strategies come out in order

Sandrock comes out next on Wedsenday, Sept 28, 2005
Wing0 comes out Thursday, Sept 29th, 2005
Shenlong comes out Friday, Sept 30th, 2005
Mercurius comes out Saturday, October 1st, 2005
Tallgeese comes out Sunday, October 2nd, 2005
Vayeate comes out Monday, October 3rd, 2005
Epyon comes out Tuesday, October 4th, 2005

someone can compile my tips into a FAQ if I don't
perhaps I'll make a FAQ by October 10th, 2005

I'll take anyones questions at any time.
Just contact me through AIM/MSN unless you're Hue which I blocked O_O.

msn: [email protected]
aim: tickle me im tam

okay thanks guys

Dracula X I'll get back to you tomorrow

Hey guys sorry about the delay, I'll work on Sandrock and Wing0 today.

Tip #20

Sandrock Strategies

The first thing I want to write about Sandrock is that he has the strongest armor in the game. It'll take a lot to kill this guy and I MEAN A LOT!

Things I must mention never to use:
S. X. THIS IS SLOW! DON'T USE IT! SLOW SLOW SLOW! it's not good to do s. X, avoid this at all costs because it can cost you a match.

Things I must mention to often use:

j. B, j. X is your friend. sj. Y is alright, good for tick throws and stuff.

j. back B is REALLY good for priority against SJ opponents. After you hit an enemy in the air with j. back B you want to throw the shotel then rush in afterward with low/throw combination. If they super jump out of it, chase them down on the ground (just regular dashing) and jump B again.

s. B and j. B are really good for ground cross ups. In lat 03, it's hard for people to block because it's really instant when you see Sandrock get onto the other side. In lat 01, it shouldn't be a problem but even if they block the s. Y (or c. Y), you can do the low/throw combination once again which I talk about later for Sandrock.

i.e.
Sandrock
close
s. B, BD forward, s. Y...

1. Throw
2. c. B, FDF strong

j. X is a fast strong hit. I don't know too much about j. X as I don't use it as much but it's fast and it hits mostly up forward. It's good to get the opponent to be pushed back and knocked down. This is for the person who likes to knock people back onto the ground rather than j. B for a mix up game. j. X does a great deal more damage than j. B also

It's up to you, both are good!

j. A is really good for a small chipping trap just like HeavyArms except his focuses on chipping rather than actually getting the hit off. j. A attacks both sj air, jump air, and ground just like Deathscythe's j. A.

Differences between QCF + Weak vs. QCF + Strong

QCF Weak -
1. It pushes back
2. It's one hit
3. Comes out slower

QCF Strong -
1. Traps opponent in the Shotel
2. Multiple Hits
3. Comes out faster

Shotels have the highest priority when it comes to projectiles. Even against supers such as Shenlong or Wing, Shotels will keep going until it reaches off the screen or hits someone. SHOTELS ARE STRONG! Use them wisely! They do provide some delay if used incorrectly! They can put you into a bad position but as long as you know the opponent is far enough from you, it'll be alright. Right when they super jump off the ground you should throw a shotel when you see them get off! Not when they're at their peak of the super jump!

Now, there are some people you just do not want close to you. Shenlong for instance... USE QCF WEAK more often! If Shenlong super jumps, do QCF weak!

If he comes down on you after a QCF weak just block dash backward and throw him as you come out of block dash.

QCF Strong is good because well... it's part of his infinite and there is a glitch with it.

If your opponent is blocking standing up against a QCF Strong Shotel, then his lower guard can be broken. In other terms, this is Sandrock's Guard Break! Most likely, the opponent must be taking the hits from the beginning of the Shotel to keep him in block stun before there is a chance to break his guard.

Sandrock's Infinite
corner
s. A xx qcf strong xx BD f. repeat

Alright some combos I like to do

Sandrock
corner
s. Y (3x), s. B xx qcf strong xx j. B xx qcf strong, land xx j. B xx qcf strong.

Sandrock
anywhere
s. Y (3x), s. B xx qcf strong xx BD f xx s. B xx FDF strong

His super is perhaps the worst in the game. It's hard to connect even after a blocked opponent's super. You can trick people into the super if you do a FDF strong and cancel right away into the super. Surprises people and it works sometimes.

Oh, s. A is good too :) s. A xx BD f, repeat is fun.

Sandrock Wake Up Games

I'm not quite sure what anyone really uses for Sandrock but this is what I use.

I want to note that all of these setups start with c. B!
1. c. A is the norm for damage
2. qcb weak is alright (though not the greatest)
3. wait, dash in xx s. Y (low/throw mixup)
4. qcf weak or qcf strong
5. c. X xx BD F, throw

Sometimes I don't even use c. B first and just go for a j. A rushdown for fun lol.

Some people really can't get out of that corner j. A rushdown lol and it slowly chips their life away.

They don't know you have to block dash forward! haha :)

Wing0 later tonight!

---
just to let everyone know that is a collection of my posts on other forums

Last edited:

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
For those of you who dont know... Gundam Wing: Endless Duel is arguably one of the best 2D fighters available. Although it was only Japanese game, its fast paced action, and moderate-to-high diffuculty level is something most fighters can barley contend with. I highly recomend this game to anyone who has a SNES emu. Preferably ZSNES along with zBattle.net, so you can face the real competition.

Oh yeah, 'a4relzwutazn' owned the crap out of me on that game so i asked him if he would be so kind as to relate some tactics that he uses. Low and behold he's written many threads on the subject, so... he kindly posted one here.

Allnatural

I have no objections to the content of this thread (though I sincerely doubt you'll find many Gundam fans here), but this all seems better suited for a FAQ at GameFAQs.

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Indeed, I thought it seemed out of place... well, perhaps a 'Tips & Tricks' at emutalk is in order? I dunno... it was interesting reading for me anyway.

I'm not a fan of Gundam really, I just like the game. Perhaps someone else will find the time to play this fast action mobile suit fighta.

OP
A

a4relzwutazn

Oh the topic was originally Q&A. It's not really me making a good FAQ though.

I just put this here for anyone interested in reading :) eventually I'll make a FAQ out of this stuff. Maybe.

IMO, this game goes out to those who like fast pace strategy for free.
You honestly do not have to travel or pay a price to play this game. It's quite fun and the community is nice. The GW:ED community :D

jdsony

Is this game still really good if you don't care about Gundam or anything else like it but are into fighting games?

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
For me, when i first played this game i wasnt really even in to fighting games.... or Gundam for that matter. The fact is, this game is really well made and shouldnt be missed by anyone... what really makes this a sweet deal is the online aspect of SNES nowadays, the community is great... and you can get into tactical discussions and such with this game which is really neat i think.

So, if your not into fighters... this game will get you into fighters (or well, i dunno, everyone is different i guess..it got me into fighters anyway).
If your not into Gundam... well, I'm not into Gundam, so... it dosent matter.

OP
A

a4relzwutazn

this game is really good as a fighter :)
block dashing and super jumping got me into it lol IT'S A SNES GAME! haha

OP
A

a4relzwutazn

Tip #21
Wing0 Strategies

Wing0's c. A is good. It's very good. I don't care what you do, just spam it if you don't know what's going on.

j. B is a good anti air. j. A is good for coming down.

s. Y hits low and reaches farther than c. Y. I'm not sure if c. Y is faster than s. Y but I don't see a reason for using c. Y.

Wing0's ground qcf + weak/strong fireballs are slow you don't want to use these other than a wake up or from far far away (the opponent should be on the other side of the screen at least or else you'll get owned due to the delay)

qcb + weak/strong is very good too for some keepaway or pushing them back down.
I like this better than the FDF.

Basically Wing0's rush game is c. A xx BD f, throw. Repeat when they tech throw.

c. A is one of the fastest normals in the game.
you can connect a c. A after a weak throw on the ground for an extra hit (otg.)

I've also noticed some of my opponents after I blocked ground qcb + weak, they would block dash towards me in the corner and try to throw me.

This would cause something like the Wing Corner Trap Throw glitch.
Wing0 has a trap too but I really don't know how to elaborate on it.

I think it's c. A xx BD f, throw. If they tech, do it again. I'm sure I said this above but the problem is... after you actually do throw them.

See when you throw them in Wing's trap, you have the fireballs to keep them trapped still and to block dash forward for some more mix up.

Let me say this again, WING0'S QCF FIREBALLS SUCK! lol I don't like them at all and you can't use them the same way as Wing.

That being said perhaps the best way is after the throw
try to time the s. A right when they're about to get up then do c. A into qcb weak

for example
Wing0
corner, opponent on ground
dash in, s. Y (*3 or 4), s. A xx c. A (opponent should be up by now)

If it hits, qcb weak/strong or FDF weak strong
If it doesn't, block dash in for another throw

s. X is alright but I'm not sure how to use it, if you find a way good times for you Smile

Combos
j. X, land, c. B, c. A xx qcf weak xx BD f, c. A xx qcb strong

I really don't know what else to add for Wing0 but I think it's alright.

Tip #22
Shenlong Strategies

SHENLONG IS TOP TIER! If you're looking for a way to counter him or use him. I think this explanation I'm about to present to you will be useful.

Normals
s. A - this move has really good priority. No joke, it's really good. It extends 1/3 of the screen forward and it goes all the way up. Once you see the s. A move, you'll know why it's so good.

weak points in s. A

Though s. A is very very powerful. There are weak points in it also.

Shenlong - s
s. A hitbox - x
empty space *weak points* - o

xxooo
xxxoo
sxxxo

Usually how people approach that "o" space is by floating down hoping Shenlong will do s. A and miss. This will leave Shenlong open for an attack but remember, block dashing or super jump will save you

j. A is good against the super jumpers who do it all day. Shenlong comes up very fast and anything above him will most likely get hit.

c. B - Low attack, hits twice. It reaches 1/2 of the entire screen. Great move, use it too.

air c. B - VERY IMPORTANT! this counters s. A! It's also one of the farthest reaching pokes in the game. USEEEEE ITTT!!!!

j. X - Shenlong's usual attack when coming down on someone. (j. X or air c. B will be the usual stuff you see against other people)

SHENLONG'S LOW/THROW GAME IS INSANELY GOOD.
I see people doing it wrong though so let me clarify on certain things.

Whenever you go in for the c. Y. You know you have two options: to hit low or throw.

Well, the thing about hitting low... you want to be able to connect QCF strong after you do c. B.

c. B, QCF strong does a LOT of damage, it's a big part of Shenlong's rushdown.

The thing is when people try to counter the throw, they are holding back not backdown. You cannot hold backdown for some reason and counter throw. It just doesn't work in this game.

There's also another part of the Low/throw game I'm not sure if I mention earlier

They can super jump out! But this is where it becomes a 3 way game like Rock Paper Scissors.

after jab, your opponent will have a 33.3% chance of evading your attack. It is the same with you, that you will also have a 33.3% chance of hitting your

There are a couple of versions of Shenlong that has been created. I know it sounds silly but here it goes

Shenlong v1.0 (created by Oogle)
- I don't know his playing style but Question Mark copied him and we all copied Question Mark.

Basically Shenlong v1.0 knows...

-All the basic button moves and their properties
-Doesn't use down A
-Doesn't use jump A a lot (sometimes)
-sj. X xx qcf strong
-doesn't use dragon fang glitch.
-s. A a lot
-s. A as a starting move
-s. A as a wake up move
-on wake up flight down and hit him in the face with X as they get up, land, c. X
-block dashes a lot and super jumps a lot

Shenlong v1.5 (created by Tippy)

-Has all the capabilities of Shenlong v1.0 but now uses Dragon Flaw glitch and runs away.
-c. B as a wake up move
-

Shenlong v2.0 (created by Tippy)

Shenlong v2.1 an addition by NeoX

Though Tippy created most of the mix up. NeoX gave Tippy the idea of tick throw into the game. This began a chain of the term "low/throw" mixup.

Tip #23
Mercurius Strategies

I'm not a pro at Mercurius but I'll give you some strategies here.

light vulcan *must hit opponent to put him in block stun* xx qcb weak/strong will activate the shields and help Mercurius out

Mercurius is notorious for combos. I don't know a lot of combos for Mercurius but I do use this one a lot.

sj. X, land, j. X, land xx s. X xx sj. X, land, j. A xx FDF weak, land, qcf qcf + any button.

Tip #24
Tallgeese Strategies

Tallgeese's flight is the slowest in the game and he has the highest super jump.

Unfortunately, he's also the biggest gundam in the game. His hitbox is HUGEE I don't like this guy Very Happy

His normals don't hit too far. j. d. X has a lot of priority and knocks people down. No real followups after c. X

Tip #25
Vayeate Strategies

The Cable of GW:ED lol jk. Vayeate's normals are basically her gun attacks. USEEE ITT

Throw xx dash xx s. B is good

Tip #26
Epyon Strategies

Epyon = top tier.

All of his moves are good except for a combo, s. X (which I don't use very often but it can be used as an anti-air which Hue does.)

qcb + weak, X, land. That's all you need to win with Epyon.

WARNING: I'm still in the process of updating A LOT OF IT just to let you guys know I'm not dead haha

BTW: I WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS! lol so start asking damnit haha

it's quite alright Dracula X

edit: 1. I made updates

made some changes above and I have some .zmv format videos if anyone wants them

if anyone has a question how to load 'em just ask and I'll answer

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
W00t... keep it comin a4relzwutazn! I'm all ears.

I shall be the ultimate padowan, soon i will become the master.