What's new

1964 Options

somethingfun

Is there an FPS counter in 1964, and if so, how do I enable it? Also, when are you guys going to get some good OpenGL support?

Witten

Emulator Developer
Yes, it is the VI/s counter in the status bar!

And please don't insult the authors :angry:

crhylove

Banned
few things to mention here...

... first off, opengl is plugin issue....

secondly what the plugins ALREADY accomplish is amazing.

thirdly why don't u learn c++ and start working on all the 3d math that it takes to make an opengl plugin.

fourthly, there's alot of little side work to do also (ini tweaking, etc.)

fifthly, have u used jabo's d3d plugin? it should work well for about 70% of the games u try.

sixthly, if there is a good enough opengl glide wrapper, dave's glide plugin next release should be very exciting....

seventhly, the word seventhly sounds kinda gay doesn't it?

:devil:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
OT, but Dave has said his plugin won't work with wrappers, because there aren't any Glide3x wrappers..

jih2000

Hey,

It may be possible to port Daves Glide code to openGL as he is open source, I dont know how many alterations would need to be done to convert the glide calls to openGL equivalents, maybe you could make the source dual purpose eg put some ifdefs in it and make it a dual glide/ogl source code project! but im sure it could be done if there are any openGL gurus around! I only know visual c++ and very basic opengl eg displaying and transforming shapes about hehe :)

Marty

crhylove

Banned
good idea...

but i think we should all relax and let dave progress on his glide, which he is doing very nicely, btw... let it mature a bit... then start jumping around with opengl.

and then maybe the linux 1964 port...

oh wait, that's some other thread...

/me thinks, "which nick do i use here?"