What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Calling all modders!!

Which game should be done next?

• Resident Evil 2

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Goldeneye

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Perfect Dark

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Diddy Kong Racing

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Banjo Kazooie

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Banjo Tooie

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Spider-Man

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conker

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Other

Votes: 9 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alien{S}py

Sirmatto said:
Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie and Paper Mario are the only three worthwhile games I've never really had the chance to play. Paper Mario is (or was) being (re)done, but if both Banjo games were redone, I'd definitely be all for them so I could replay them. I'd offer my help, but I'd probably be able to give about five minutes a day, as my priority is graduating with my engineering degree this spring.

The paper Mario project isn't dead. I haven't done much retexturing on it lately because I've been busy, but I'll try to get working on it again when I get the chance.

Sirmatto

Now all someone needs to do is code a CVS or SVN like program that works for textures :p Basically, someone dumps all or as many textures as they can and uploads them to a server. Then people can see which images have been redone and which one's haven't. Then people can grab one at a time, retexture them and reupload it. Meanwhile, the program keeps track of which ones are retextured and which ones aren't. Now someone get coding...chop chop! :p

The Dave

Mollymutt said:
So, which game do you want to take on? I'm up for almost anything.

No offense Mollymutt, but you're really big on starting new projects, abandoning them, and then starting a new one up a week later. My advice is if you really have heart in a game and want to see it retextured and you're doing it then do it in private until you have significant amount of stuff done.

I started retexturing a game but the alphabets all crooked and alphas are fucking around and all that and I'm not sure I'm going to finish, I'm not even going to mention the game, because there's no point in making a post about it.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Why is conker on this list, the game was already remade by Rare and you can buy a copy in any game shop. plus Banjo-Kazooie is a much longer and more fun game.

Darklord89

Yea i will :bouncy:.
Hmm, im having a few problems with changing the textures, after finishing dumping the textures there are 5 folders in the texture dump folder...ci_bmp, ci_bmp_with_pal_crc, ci_by_png, png_all and png_by_rgb_a now i can see that in some folders there are the exact same textures except that they are in a different format (png, bmp etc) do i have to change all of these textures from from all of the folders?

Also, after moddifying the files in photoshop i go to save as if there any particular option there that i have to change like the format etc?

One more thing, in the Hires folder do i have to make sub folders in there called the 5 folders in the texture dump then save the textures in there or what?

Thx for any help.

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
^^
1. No, you only have to choose two of the folders to retexture - one of the png type and one of the ci type, as ci contains all the ci textures and png has all the rest. I suggest png_all and ci_by_png.

2. No, just save it as the same format that you dumped it as. If that fails, save it as a 32-bit PNG file with an alpha layer.

3. No. You can choose to sort them into folders of your choice though - e.g. Characters, World Objects etc.

Vanit

Maybe you could aid me, Googol. See I've dumped the moves list from Evangelion and no matter what I do (I tried changing just 1 pixel) the texture when placed in the Hi-Res folder doesn't load. I can asure you I've named everything correctly and I've checked it multiple times but I can't seem to get anything to load for that particular game.

Darklord89

Googol said:
^^
1. No, you only have to choose two of the folders to retexture - one of the png type and one of the ci type, as ci contains all the ci textures and png has all the rest. I suggest png_all and ci_by_png.

2. No, just save it as the same format that you dumped it as. If that fails, save it as a 32-bit PNG file with an alpha layer.

3. No. You can choose to sort them into folders of your choice though - e.g. Characters, World Objects etc.

Thanks alot man for takin the time ;).

V-King

Just a dude
Miles Lombardi said:
resi 2 way!!!!!!!!! more realism blood that rox!
As I already said before:
I don't think that ANYONE really wants do remodel ALL the prerendered backgrounds just for retexturing.
Because of that I don't think that anybody will just even START RE2 (except for the normal textures on the characters and such)

Vanit

Well it's pretty much already served its purpose for the most part. Now all the modders have an idea of what games people want updated. But I think I speak for all the modders when I say we like retexturing the games that we enjoy.