What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Calling all modders!!

Which game should be done next?

• Resident Evil 2

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Goldeneye

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Perfect Dark

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Diddy Kong Racing

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Banjo Kazooie

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Banjo Tooie

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Spider-Man

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conker

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Other

Votes: 9 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Weatherton

As for a Conker comparison, no amount of texture magic is going to make him look fuzzy and the textures are already quite good... I would say a texture pack would hardly be noticeable if it attempted to emulate the original style (and cel-shaded Conker is way out of line, totally doesn't fit the style).

XBOX
conker-live-reloaded-20050617022634432.jpg

N64
conkerday53.jpg

Rare spent years and millions of dollars remaking their own game, why try competing?!

Nin_10_Dough

SSB and GoldenEye. I would think SSB would be a relatively small project compared with others. There were a few decent things done in the previous attempt, but It didn't really fit the game too well. There were a couple GoldenEye projects that were off to a good start, but never really went anywhere :(

V-King

Just a dude
I voted for Banjo-Kazooie.
Yeah it's kinda funny, that I voted for the game I was going to retexture but since I lost my motivation for that..ah well, you know the rest.

But B-K is really THE game, I want to see "texture pimped" ;)

And most likely any other Rare game too.

EDIT: Oh and btw:
Wouldn't it be kinda "stupid" just TRYING to retexture Resident Evil 2? Since it uses prerenderes Backgrounds and all that stuff. I don't think that anybody would like to recreate all background in sMax or Cinema 4D just to retexture the game, don't you think so? ;)

Last edited:
OP
M

Mollymutt

V-King said:
Wouldn't it be kinda "stupid" just TRYING to retexture Resident Evil 2? Since it uses prerenderes Backgrounds and all that stuff. I don't think that anybody would like to recreate all background in sMax or Cinema 4D just to retexture the game, don't you think so? ;)

Sorry, I didn't know about the backgrounds. In fact I forgot all about this game until I saw mention of it in a magazine recently.

OP
M

Mollymutt

Darklord89 said:
Yea you might be right there, hmm.
Im good at graphics, i want to learn how to retexture games. So that i can start my own project :p.
Any thing out there to get me on my way? :)
What game are you interested in doing? Re-texturing is really pretty simple at it's core. Use Rice's plugin and check the dump textures to file box, Then go into the new texture dump folder in the and edit away. Then add an alpha layer to your re-eidted file, and save it to the hires_texture folder.

Darklord89

I though that Djipi had allready started conker.

Mollymutt thx alot for that :). Im genna start soon on banjo or wait until this gets more votes first
;)

Last edited:
OP
M

Mollymutt

Weatherton said:
As for a Conker comparison, no amount of texture magic is going to make him look fuzzy and the textures are already quite good... I would say a texture pack would hardly be noticeable if it attempted to emulate the original style (and cel-shaded Conker is way out of line, totally doesn't fit the style).

XBOX
conker-live-reloaded-20050617022634432.jpg

Rare spent years and millions of dollars remaking their own game, why try competing?!

Obviously we're mot going to make it look anywhere near X-Box quality, but I did some work on this game a while back, and he looks pretty good I think. You're right about the models, they are quite good for the N64

Vanit

As others have said, we need to weigh up good games with how badly they need to be retextured. I'm thinking about putting a bit of time into translating/retexturing Evangelion.

Biggles

Vanit said:
As others have said, we need to weigh up good games with how badly they need to be retextured. I'm thinking about putting a bit of time into translating/retexturing Evangelion.
That would be awesome.

Morkai

Always New Projects???

Hi i like those retexturing very much, but why starting a new one? There are so many projects just startet and never finished or still under construction. It made me sade to see all this one deaing :bye3:

How do you thing about helping these promising projects to an successfull end. I don't know but i think there is help needed. I like the spidy-procet and also the paper mario... other like diddy kong are also dead and they look so nice.

I think it's a nicw idea to work together but why always start a new one.

Morkai

sorry for the poor english :paperbag:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I'm working at two different games, who never were touched by anyone else...
I'm working because they are great games and I think they need to be retextured, but nobody did it...
That's why I wouldn't touch a already started game, because there are a lot of possibilities for others who never tried it before and really like the game, but I really like to have my games finished...
(btw: I don't know whether I will release them neither I will say the name of the games... :p)

Vanit

MasterPhW: Fair enough, but don't be surprised if someone chooses those games and steals your thunder.

With Evangelion its an excellent opportunity because, unlike most Jap games, the dialogue is stored as whole pictures rather than a picture for every letter in a font.

Last edited:
OP
M

Mollymutt

Morkai said:
Hi i like those retexturing very much, but why starting a new one? There are so many projects just startet and never finished or still under construction. It made me sade to see all this one deaing :bye3:

How do you thing about helping these promising projects to an successfull end. I don't know but i think there is help needed. I like the spidy-procet and also the paper mario... other like diddy kong are also dead and they look so nice.

I think it's a nicw idea to work together but why always start a new one.

Morkai
sorry for the poor english :paperbag:

That was the whole point of my thread. I'm the one who was posting all the screenshots from the Spidey game, but the guy who asked for help re-texturing the game hasn't posted ther in so long, I figured he gave up on it. Plus no one else bothered to comment on it, so I guessed no one cared about it anyway. What I want to do is get a team going on one game so we can complete it.

girino05

Smash Bros, no doubt!

Come on guys... smash bros is one of the funniest N64 games to play with friends!!

If I can do anything to help just PM me...

Darklord89

Mollymutt said:
That was the whole point of my thread. I'm the one who was posting all the screenshots from the Spidey game, but the guy who asked for help re-texturing the game hasn't posted ther in so long, I figured he gave up on it. Plus no one else bothered to comment on it, so I guessed no one cared about it anyway. What I want to do is get a team going on one game so we can complete it.

Yea, seeing as this is my first project, It would be better if i contributed along side a team of people instead of taking on a project all by myself :whistling :bouncy:.

Last edited:

Kyo

Yeah..
I agree with the ones saying it is a shame that the SSB project was abandoned. It's obvious that, since it is fan-made, people have their lives to take care of and do not have time to spare; however, i think many of us would be very glad to see it finished. The textures done until now are amazing, in my opinion.

OP
M

Mollymutt

Darklord89 said:
Yea, seeing as this is my first project, It would be better if i contributed along side a team of people instead of taking on a project all by myself :whistling :bouncy:.
So, which game do you want to take on? I'm up for almost anything.

Darklord89

Banjo Kazooie i think would be good or conker what ever you think.

I was playin around and came up with this for the grass :p :

Last edited: