What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

RiSiO's Retro Mario Sixty Four

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Yes I know about the tiling, I'd love to get the game up to one point, then go back on a polishing run on all the textures, including tiling, resolution issues, and some color balance. Think of this as a 0.1 version of the pack!

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Image15.jpg

Image16.jpg

Basement
(Don't mind the floor texture, it still needs worked on)

Last edited:

Azule

Absolutly amazing work Risio! You have included textures from lots of Mario games and they all look amazing. Have you considered using some textures from games "newer" than Mario 64..like Mario Sunshine for Gamecube. I realize ripping the textures from a game like that would not be posible. But you look like the type that can improvise and come up with something. Imagine..a Delphino Isle style level in your project. Or a Paper Mario style level. I'll try and link some pics for inspiration.

zhjoe2005

risio this is some amazing work, the wall textures are really cool! the one thing i noticed though is that the floor texture looks a little clean and realistic compared to the wall texture...i dunno if anyone else thinks that but it's just something that came to mind...keep up the awesome work though! :bouncy:

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Joe, I got that exact same feeling when I put that texture in. Don't worry though, it's not finished yet!

djlarz

13 000 roms and growing...
This looks goddamned great. The best texture pack I've seen for SM64 so far. Keep it up!! :bouncy:

I'm wondering if it's possible to make an IPS patch to make Yoshi rideable in the game. While I don't have enough knowledge to tell you if it's possible, AMCL's VL-Tone would be one of the few people who could tell you if it's possible. He's done quite a bit of Mario 64 hacking and has information on altering models and polygons that might make this possible.

Anyway, this is incredible work. Hands down the best Mario 64 re-texture I've seen. Looking forward to this a lot.:party:

Last edited:
OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
I've actually spoke with VL Tone about using a beta Yoshi Egg in place of the stars. The problem is, Yoshi is loadable only in the opening castle courtyard. If you ever hacked a sprite based game, you'll know that each level has a specific set of sprites it can use, for instance in one level you can have a ghost but in another level that ghost becomes a Koopa. The chances are very slim for using the Yoshi Egg and riding Yoshi is downright impossible. But don't think that idea hasn't crossed my mind!:D

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
There is about 15-20 percent done in this pack. I of course want to finish it, but I have other things that interfere. Just keep the intrest there!

Dr. Soong

amazing, why did i not see this earlier! also for people who arent looking through the thread, check post #99 for the wip zip.

Shades

Risio - you are truly a hero for making this texture pack. I got into texturing pj64 games based on the strength of what I saw in yours.

I've searched the board though for a strange issue I'm having with Mario 64 textures in particular - the new backgrounds for the start screen menu always appears garbled. I didn't fiddle with my video settings or anything like that...and nothing else appears distorted in game. Only the start screen. Wondering if anyone else has seen something like this? Here are screenshots.

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Z

"The_A"
It looks like you have more than one of one texture. Remove everything in your hires folder, and put RISIO's or whoeever's pack in it. And try again. See if that works.

Shades

The_Z...Yes...that does make sense doesn't it? I tried doing so with no results though...looking at my folder it has all of the correct menu parts:

SUPER MARIO 64#530A2CF4#0#2_rgb.png
SUPER MARIO 64#17EB8CF3#0#2_rgb.png
SUPER MARIO 64#8B826DF7#0#2_rgb.png
SUPER MARIO 64#57A58C22#0#2_rgb.png

No dupes...it just looks like they keep being put in the wrong order or jumbled into nonsense as soon as I'm in-game...I worry that if nobody else has had this problem I'm doing something very n00by...