What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

RiSiO's Retro Mario Sixty Four

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Goodness Gracious Trotterwatch, it means so much that someone important enjoys my pack! Now alot of this release is full of expiraments and left overs from a previous realistic pack I was working on. Actually I started this cartoon pack by accident, I outlined something to make it sharper, but it ended up looking cartoony, and I was like, hmm, maybe that will work. Perhaps I'll release it one day, its extreme realistic, like not Mario at all, which was the goal...
I'll have more updates up soon!

PS, Has anybody noticed the Bob Omb explosion graphic yet...........

Last edited:

cpicon92

Tails Fanatic!
I love this pack! It's amazing. I think that you should texture the stars so that they look a bit like eggs, though.

floopy

Wow! Now this is cool. It's a bit disorienting playing this new pack at first, but I like it. Great Work Risio.

Poobah

Of all the texture packs that are in the works (and completed), this is my favourite one. I particularly like the stuff taken from Yoshi's Island.

Keep up the good work!

ZerouEx

Amazing

Hey man... I haven't even downloaded this yet. And I have to make an account and post. I've been in the emu community (not involved farther than hanging in IRC and helping run some channels, #zsnes back in the day) for a long time, and I've slowly paid less attention to the scene... But man, you're using this texture-replacement in a great way. Using beefed up pics from oldschool games... I know tons of people who'd give you props! Amazing I really hope to see this finished to the end if possible. Must be a lot of work... KEEP IT UP!!! :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
well ZerouEx, I've spent alot of time on the Acmlm's board, and took a go at some SNES graphic hacking, though i never released anything. I guess you can say thats where I got my start. Thanks for the positive comment! (made my day :bouncy: )

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
Risio said:
...took a go at some SNES graphic hacking, though i never released anything...
I don’t know if I already say this but certainly I think this is the second best texture replacement project around here …after the my own, of course! (I’m just kidding... really the Cel-da was the best one). I love Yoshi’s Island and think its cartoon-like graphics were astonishing ...definitely was the upper step in the Mario’s games, and is great to have them back.

:bouncy: You know what? This project like so much that I will try to help you to finished. Just let me finish with my tests (and the MaP SCReeN in my MOD) …this will be in a few weeks (maybe 2 or 3).

SALUDOS!

Last edited:

Batou

Hello Everyone!

I'm completely new here and just discovered this mod. One word: amazing! Keep up the great work!!! Definitely one of the most original mod out there along with Celda64.

Thanks for taking time to uprgrade these classics, I wish I had the skills and patience to do it;)

DANO555666

Banned
Man, I love this mod man! My fav bit, that toally wows me is the metal mario. It looks awesome, like real celshading. When Orkins Plugin is released, this mod is seriously gunna look ace!
Keep up the great work man!

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
fontimage.jpg
:santa:

cpicon92

Tails Fanatic!
Great work, I've always thought that the text in this game looked bad, I tried to retexture it, but had some trouble, to tell you the truth, I'm pretty bad a retextureing in general, especially the dumping part. By the way, are you going to release this in stages, or are you going to do the entire thing, and then release it?