What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

RiSiO's Retro Mario Sixty Four

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Jolly Roger Bay!
Image7.jpg

Image8.jpg

Image9.jpg

Enjoy!

The Dave

I'm quite amazed at that. I hope you can do or get someone to do the skyboxes for you. I tried some work on them but I don't have the patient to play with the tiling.

The_Z

"The_A"
Wow, great! :)

Would you be putting some Super Mario World style textures in it as well, in the future?

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
That green background is straight out of Super Mario World. The project is mainly Yoshi's Island, but you can expect a little bit from every Mario game, possibly even a black and white Game Boy level........

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
One more featuring the Metal Cap
Image10.jpg

(When I first applied the red dock sides, it reminded me of the old NES boxes. Thought I'd throw that in.........:p :p )

64fanatic

lol ya

Yeah that'd be cool, making one level all Gameboy Origanal themed:happy:

Jolly Roger's Bay looks wicked, hugely different than the origanal:happy:

JDavis

Risio said:
http://board.acmlm.org/ - I think that our board and theirs need to work together more! We compliment eachother well!
While I like the idea about using the jungle stairs, its impossible, because the staircase shares the same texture with the carpet, and I don't want jungle carpet!:p

Well, there's me, but I just mod the art and RPing forums at Acmlm's, and haven't done any romhacking in a very VERY long time (and then mostly NES).

Risio said:
I can't believe its gone. Supposbly they just reset the forums, maybe Nintendo didn't like something..... But yeah your not crazy!
But now I'm gonna have to track down the hacker guy...gosh...
Oooo ok here we go, they apparently archived everything! Howabout that
http://board.acmlm.org/archive/forum.php?id=9

No, wasn't anything like Nintendo having a problem with something on the board :p Just typical internet drama, and something comparible to a hostile takeover as a result of Acmlm no longer having any active interest in the board >_>

Anyway, I'm digging this texture pack. It's similar in some ways to the one I'm working on... (though mine's not for SM64... I'm not saying much until I have more done)

bleeu

Maybe u should make this map a little darker ( jolly roger ) cause in the game its not really bright u know .. I really like what uve done to the big bombomb's painting :)

Keep it up

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Actually Klasa thats a suprisingly nice texture, I'll use it! Im one of those people who must perfect things on my own, or else its not perfected, but thats a sharp texture. The reason I made Jolly Roger Bay so "Jolly" is because thats just what I wanted to do. Im not aiming for recreating the original Mario 64 with cartoon textures, I'm aiming on making a whole new experience using the Mario 64 levels. Level three for instance is a night time level now.

Pretty soon, I'm going to release a one level demo pack. I'm not too sure if its going to be Bob-Omb Battle Field, Jolly Roger Bay, Inside the castle, or outside the castle. From the pictures I've released, if you guys have a level you want to try, leave me an idea!

J Davis I tried that Bob Omb King sprite also while making the image. The painting is actually just a place holder, Im hoping to create an original image.

Super Mario 64 :Yoshi's Island V0.1
View attachment 30000
I just decided to let you all in on everything I've done so far. I've got nothing to hide!

Enjoy!:icecream:
(Remember to turn off fog. Since when did the SNES have fog effects???)

Last edited by a moderator:

The Dave

Pretty fun, completely changes the feel of the game for the better.

You have some tiling issues to clean up. Like the castle bricks, stone bridge walkway, and castle door frame off the top of my head.

I would also ditch the Super Mario 1 sprites. It's cool but doesn't fit the feel of everything else and are also very very flat.

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Yeah level 2 is totally not done yet and I shouldn't have even included it in the pack. Thanks for the feedback!

bleeu

I like everyting, especially the hallway but I think something can be done with the grass cause it looks very squary and not homogeneous as I think it should be. Still u can keep its yoshi style:)

Nice work keep it up.