What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

RiSiO's Retro Mario Sixty Four

BlackBeard

Best hires texture pack ever! I love all of them, but the creativity that went into this one (not just taking the original textures and making them hi-res or cel-shaded, but completely revamping the look of it to look similar to another game) is bar none the coolest mod I've seen for Mario 64.

JDavis

Anchel said:
Fantastic use of the door textures, Risio! Just a little bit of texture alignment problems on the wall, but that can be easily fixed, can't it?
And while I like the idea of changing the stars by eggs, there is a bigger problem here. You're hacking a copyrighted ROM, and that might bring legal issues here. (Using Yoshi's Island textures might be different). And I don't think you could change Princess Peach for Yoshi in the ending :D

The videogame industry has yet to take any legal action against the romhacking community. As a general precaution, though, it is standard for rom hacks to be released in the form of IPS patches, which only contains information related to the difference in the two files (the original rom and the hacked one) and thus contains none of the original games copyrighted code.

In other words, it's not an issue =P

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Ive been gone for what like 3 months, and so I come here to see whats new, and I see my pack at the top of the list. Thanks so much guys, I guess I'll just have to continue on with the project! Some serious personal stuff came up that totally took me away from this project, but tis time to continue on.

Last edited:
OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
I really need to finish another level, but I hate keeping people without pictures to look at, so, here are some random shots!
Image2.jpg

Image1.jpg

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
Great shots, Risio. Sorry about the whole "not doing anything" thing, but I guess I caught Lazi-itus. There aren't really any criticisms to make about those pictures - they're excellently done, so keep up the good work!

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
First, lets do an Update Pic!
Image6.jpg

Image4.jpg

Now, here is the 3rd Floor
Image3.jpg

and last but not least, a shot of a WIP Bowser level with the metal cap in use!
Image5.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Vinilipe

Brazillian EmuTalk Member
Wow...
this is looking fantastic!
The textures are way different than the original, but its looking even better!

bleeu

I really like this .. looks so sweet but I think u should make the castle a litle brighter looks to much gray.

really like like ure job yoshis Island was my favo game ba´ck in the n64 days.

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
hey risio just a question , you have change star to yoshi's egg , but in game you only get star so there is a problem ?

Leo111

Superb textures you used. Very nice indeed!

The staircase stands out a bit IMO. Maybe one of Yoshi's jungle-ish staircases? :)

bleeu

Egg /star

Djipi said:
hey risio just a question , you have change star to yoshi's egg , but in game you only get star so there is a problem ?

Maybe u could use alpha mapping.

M[u]ddy

Djipi said:

Risio said:
Well Anchel and his creativity 2 posts back gave me the name for this project. This is now known as Super Mario 64 : Yoshi's Castle, and with the hacking going on over at Acmlm's board, eventually I will replace every star in the game with the beta Yoshi's Egg that was found in the game. In the meantime, textures textures textures!!!

Anchel said:
Fantastic use of the door textures, Risio! Just a little bit of texture alignment problems on the wall, but that can be easily fixed, can't it?
And while I like the idea of changing the stars by eggs, there is a bigger problem here. You're hacking a copyrighted ROM, and that might bring legal issues here. (Using Yoshi's Island textures might be different). And I don't think you could change Princess Peach for Yoshi in the ending :D

Risio said:
Well IM not doin the hacking, they are, I am just simply gonna use a Game Shark code (if thats going to be possible) If not, well jeez you guys have imaginations!

Think that will answere your question.:p

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
http://board.acmlm.org/ - I think that our board and theirs need to work together more! We compliment eachother well!
While I like the idea about using the jungle stairs, its impossible, because the staircase shares the same texture with the carpet, and I don't want jungle carpet!:p

Last edited:

bleeu

Risio said:
http://board.acmlm.org/ - I think that our board and theirs need to work together more! We compliment eachother well!
While I like the idea about using the jungle stairs, its impossible, because the staircase shares the same texture with the carpet, and I don't want jungle carpet!:p

Maybe Im blind or incredibly dumb but I cant finding anything in their forums about replacing models for n64. or maybe there was an misunderstanding :p

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
I can't believe its gone. Supposbly they just reset the forums, maybe Nintendo didn't like something..... But yeah your not crazy!
But now I'm gonna have to track down the hacker guy...gosh...
Oooo ok here we go, they apparently archived everything! Howabout that
http://board.acmlm.org/archive/forum.php?id=9

Last edited:

Kerber2k

Risio said:
I can't believe its gone. Supposbly they just reset the forums, maybe Nintendo didn't like something..... But yeah your not crazy!
But now I'm gonna have to track down the hacker guy...gosh...
Oooo ok here we go, they apparently archived everything! Howabout that
http://board.acmlm.org/archive/forum.php?id=9

Everything but the implementation of importing new models(wich would be near impossiable)....although the level editor looked kinda cool.