What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

RiSiO's Retro Mario Sixty Four

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Well Anchel and his creativity 2 posts back gave me the name for this project. This is now known as Super Mario 64 : Yoshi's Castle, and with the hacking going on over at Acmlm's board, eventually I will replace every star in the game with the beta Yoshi's Egg that was found in the game. In the meantime, textures textures textures!!!
yc2.jpg

YC1.jpg

Anchel

The Xpaniard
Fantastic use of the door textures, Risio! Just a little bit of texture alignment problems on the wall, but that can be easily fixed, can't it?
And while I like the idea of changing the stars by eggs, there is a bigger problem here. You're hacking a copyrighted ROM, and that might bring legal issues here. (Using Yoshi's Island textures might be different). And I don't think you could change Princess Peach for Yoshi in the ending :D

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Well IM not doin the hacking, they are, I am just simply gonna use a Game Shark code (if thats going to be possible) If not, well jeez you guys have imaginations!

Castle3.jpg

Castle2.jpg

Castle1.jpg

The Dave

Looking good, would be great if you could sprite edit custom scenes with the Yoshi's Island graphics for the paintings.

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
Amazing! My only complaint is that the characters should be cartoony also. Mario REALLY sticks out in this environment.

The_Z

"The_A"
I would assume very little as it was only awhile ago when he started this project (or announce it in emutalk at least).

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Well, Im done with most of the castle, indoors and outdoors, Bob Omb Battlefield is done except for the background, and world 3 is 75% done. Id say im about 15% done with the game, there is alot to do! It took Djipi what a year 2 years to do his, so don't get too excited. Plus, if I were to reveal my age you'd understand why its taking so long to do so little......:icecream:
ps. I had that sameeee idea with the paintings and making some sprite scenes. Great minds think alike, especially in Pennsylvania!

The Dave

Fun little fact. If i'm correct, the sky boxes in this game are much more easier than zelda, because mario can never see the absolute top or bottom a map. Therefore, the image used in the skybox doesn't have to be a seemless cube, it just has to be a 1024x768 (that's 4x the size I ran into) image that has a seemless left and right side for when it wraps around.

Kerber2k

I dont think Djipi has even been on this forum for 2 years, but despite your age good work is good work, and as always stick with it.

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
Djipi has finished his project after about 6 months... since April. All things considered, it didn't really take that long.
On another note - I am having a go at Boo's Mansion, I will post pics later.
EDIT: Here they are! They're pretty crappy, but at least i'm showing SOMETHING, right?

Last edited:
OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Up the rez a little bit and use some smudge filtering, and there are some tileing issues, but other than that, you've got the point!
Use some Super Mario World ghost house sprites also, and use the black outlines to Yoshify it.

The Dave

I think I was wrong on the skyboxes, I think they are exact like Zeldas. I've also ran into the tiling issue with it and am having a little trouble correcting it.

Anchel

The Xpaniard
Umm Googol, I think your outside walls don't look right. You should try using the ghost house outside in Super Mario World as Risio said and use wooden doors in a similar fashion to Super Mario World ones as well, but with more outlining. THAT would give it a pretty nifty effect