What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

RiSiO's Retro Mario Sixty Four

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Ok now remember these are FARRRR from being finished, and I am only posting these to keep things fresh and for some opinions.
snow3.jpg

snow2.jpg

snow1.jpg

Two things I need opinions for in particular are the Yoshi's Island trees and the ground.

loopsider

Risio said:
Ok now remember these are FARRRR from being finished, and I am only posting these to keep things fresh and for some opinions.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/risio/snow3.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/risio/snow2.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/risio/snow1.jpg

Two things I need opinions for in particular are the Yoshi's Island trees and the ground.

Tiling error on ground, the trees look nice. The trees dont look 3d, but they probably "pop-out" when playing the game and moving the camera about.

Last edited by a moderator:

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Why not cut back on the outlines, and go for a style more like the backgrounds on Yoshi's Island, the painted brush strokes style, you can see it in the artwork also.

The outlines are too thick, and the tiling is too obvious

Anchel

The Xpaniard
I actually like the snow level a lot.
I think the pack is going the right way. Even the snow falling has the outlines! Great job!
Don't worry Risio, whatever I do, it will be a different project than yours :p

takas

mdtauk said:
Why not cut back on the outlines, and go for a style more like the backgrounds on Yoshi's Island, the painted brush strokes style, you can see it in the artwork also.

The outlines are too thick, and the tiling is too obvious

Thats what i think too. risio if you want i can send you some screens of yoshis island snowlevel or a savegame for zsnes.
Like i said before i would love to see the project going in the direction of Y.I. but thats just my opinion and probably too difficult?

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Im set with Yoshi resources, actually the backgrounds were on the agenda. The snow level will look 100% different, dont worry

thanks for the few positive posts tho lol

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
I Like it! I bet it will look great with Orkin's Plugin, when it's released finally...

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
Lookin' good, Risio. I might have a go of doing it this way - when I was doing some textures for Djipi everyone said that they were too liney. Obviously, being liney isn't an issue in this thread, so would I be able to join you if I get time, and if you like the stuff I might do?

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
It would be TERRIFIC if you did the backgrounds. Yoshi's Island style of course!

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
^^ Yeah. I gave it a go, but MAN those skyboxes are tricky. I'm not posting screenies until I iron out a few things, though. Any levels I could do (as in tiles, not skyboxes) as a test for my skills in that area? Or is it skyboxes only? In any case, this project is excellent, and I hope to see it finished (with Orkin's plugin of course).

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Try it out on Peaches Secret Slide, and try to make it a dramatic change, im not sure if you can change the background there, but if you could, it would look neat with a Yoshi's Island jungle theme.

Anchel

The Xpaniard
Actually, I think that EVERY texture pack should include a little something in the logo/intro screen to show what texture pack you're using, like in yours.
For this, it could very well be Super Mario 64: Yoshi's Island version (or Yoshi's Castle LOL)
For Djipi's Cel Zelda pack, that name should be included in the game logo.
I think it would be a really neat touch, don't you think so?

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
I must say, this is friggin awesome awesome awesome. Being that this is my favorite classic game, I CANNOT WAIT until this is done. Good good work.