What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

RiSiO's Retro Mario Sixty Four

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Super Mario Bros 1 level

image25.jpg

image26.jpg

image27.jpg

...and yes, the secret slide in this level is going to be the blue underground look from SMB1!

Last edited:
OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Alright two things, one, the grey ground here is temporary
image29.jpg

image28.jpg

And two, leave my poor pipe painting alone!
image31.jpg

image30.jpg

fernan1234

oh my god! That is beautiful and amazing and awesome!! As I said before, this is my favorite high res project ever. I've been holding off on playing Mario 64 just for this! I can't wait for a new release! Keep up your great work, it's greatly appreciated!

And XD @ the guy who kept saying this was dead

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Okie Dokie! Alot of new packs have come and gone in the past year, and this one has always just seemed to hang around. Unfortunatley for the longest time it was on page 2 and 3, so alot of the newer members here havent gotten a chance to see what has been done. So heres a look at Risio's Retro Mario 64!
pre1.jpg

pre2.jpg

Spoiler:
pre3.jpg

pre4.jpg

pre5.jpg

pre6.jpg

pre7.jpg

pre8.jpg

pre9.jpg

pre10.jpg

pre11.jpg

pre12.jpg

pre13.jpg

pre14.jpg

pre15.jpg

pre16.jpg

pre17.jpg

pre18.jpg

pre19.jpg

pre20.jpg

pre21.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Vinilipe

Brazillian EmuTalk Member
Just one sugestion...
the bomb's shadow would look better if they were round....
All the rest is fantastic!!!

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Yeah I know, thats something I'm going to fix later on. Every round object like that (Bob Ombs, Bullies, Bowser's Spike Bombs) all have the same effect, so I'd have to go back and change all that. I'll get around to it!

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
oh my god! That is beautiful and amazing and awesome!! As I said before, this is my favorite high res project ever. I've been holding off on playing Mario 64 just for this! I can't wait for a new release! Keep up your great work, it's greatly appreciated!

And XD @ the guy who kept saying this was dead
Hey, i know you´r talking about me, meanie :p

macphisto

This looks really really well and suits Mario 64 right down to the ground. Everything is so clean and colourful. Very nice stuff indeed.

What filters are you using to acheive some of the cartoony effects for the coin's and so forth?

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
The coins are simply just the original M64 coin with hand drawn outlines. Usually the only filter I'll use to an extent is the cut out one in Photoshop, although alot of the textures are straight out of the older games, just at a higher resolution.

Here's the entire pack, updated to today, with the underground SMB textures in place in the secret slide of the mountain level. Of course its not done, and any blatant mistakes and problems are of course known about, so don't worry, this is only a pre release. Have fun!

View attachment 34428

Graxer

Thanks!!

Thanks!!

EDIT: Oops, sorry, double post. :blush:

Vinilipe

this zip file has everything you have done???
I've been wanting to play with this pack for a long time!!
THANKS!!!!

fernan1234

OMG! *orgasms*

I never thought I'd see the day! I want to congratulate you for your talent, and you're so young, wow.

So when do you think you're going to finish the pack man?

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Thanks! One of these days, this will be complete. I'm working now on making a Game Boy themed level.

Vinilipe

Try to make a black and white level...
It would be nice...
just a suggestion..............
Just played the first level with this pack and it is amazing!!!