What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Paper Mario

Nelde

after i collected thousands of pics, i started to change them. but even at the first picture, i have troubles.
photoshop4af.png

this is what mario looks like after saving with photoshop. i didn't change a thing, i just saved him as a test. if i save or change him with paint, there's no problem. what's wrong???

Im Bored

lol@censors
are you editing bmps? i cant really help, but I had the same problem with Photoshop CS myself. I was doing everything correct, but still, it messed up much like that. This was using the older rice plug in, and bmps, however.

j234

Here are the textures, i must have cancelled the other one by accident.

Nelde, check that your mario texture has 32bit colour and is a _cibyrgba.png picture.

If you want sprites you could try ripping them from good screenshots of PM2.

Nelde

it isn't much, but it's good

:bouncy: :bouncy: and i finally found the sprites i was looking for :bouncy: :bouncy:

alien{S}py

j234 said:
Here are the textures, i must have cancelled the other one by accident.

Nelde, check that your mario texture has 32bit colour and is a _cibyrgba.png picture.

If you want sprites you could try ripping them from good screenshots of PM2.

The new textures look good. I've started to work on a few myself, but it seems like there are duplicate images in different formats (.png/.bmp) I'm not sure if I need to replace both with new ones.

BTW was anyone was able to dump the text?

Nelde

try this

j234, how do i change a pic into a _cibyrgba.png ? do i only have to change the name? and what do i have to do that the texture has 32 bit colour?

Last edited:

j234

To get the _cibyRGBA.png pictures you have to use textures dumped in the ci_by_png folder. When you replace them, make sure your replacement has an alpha channel

Nelde

does anybody know, why bowser looks that ugly?
ugly9tt.png

this happens in the us version, in the european version, they are entirely black. i cant get the sprites this way...

and btw: how's the paper mario font called?

Last edited:

Nelde

i don't get it:(
i wanted to change the minister:
papermarioc41a488d20ci4tl.png
into toadsworth:
papermarioc41a488d20ci1tk.png

but it doesn't work. either it doesn't change or the texture crashes...
could someone please give me a step by step instruction how to do it?
what i can is getting the textures from the game, i also can change it, but i don't know what follows afterwards :bye3:

alien{S}py

Nelde said:
i don't get it:(
i wanted to change the minister:
papermarioc41a488d20ci4tl.png
into toadsworth:
papermarioc41a488d20ci1tk.png

but it doesn't work. either it doesn't change or the texture crashes...
could someone please give me a step by step instruction how to do it?
what i can is getting the textures from the game, i also can change it, but i don't know what follows afterwards :bye3:

Did you make sure to change the alpha channel for the character (the black and white outline image) if there is one, that's usually the problem.

Edit: I changed PAPER MARIO#3BFDAE23#2#0#3D30883A_ciByRGBA.png (the image with the alpha found in the ci_by_png folder) and it worked. you might also want to change PAPER MARIO#0CE9ED19#2#0#3D30883A_ciByRGBA.png because it changes between the two quite often.

btw I just finished retexturing the intro logos (except for the intelegent systems). Here they are if anyone else wants them :View attachment 27708

Last edited:

Nelde

so that's the problem: i don't have a ci_by_png folder and i dont have an alpha files
do i have to create this folder by myself or should it create itself?

Last edited:

alien{S}py

Nelde said:
so that's the problem: i don't have a ci_by_png folder and i dont have an alpha files
do i have to create this folder by myself or should it create itself?

It should be created on it's own. I get 5 folder created when I dump the textures:

ci_bmp
ci_bmp_with_pal_crc
ci_by_png
png_all
png_by_rgb_a

j234

Nelde, check you have the latest rice plugin.

Also, that toadsworth texture you are replacing the old one with is an 8bit indexed colour texture. Here is a 32bit colour version(see attachment)

Finnaly, the texture name is wrong, if that is the name of the texture you plan to replace then find the proper one.
it should be something like:
PAPER MARIO#68D446FD#2#0#74D1211B_ciByRGBA
and not
papermarioc41a488d20ci4tl

Last edited:

Nelde

thanks, but the name isn't my mistake, imageshack changes the name when you upload a file...
but it's very strange, i don't get one of the five folders created. i just download the plugin again

edit: downloaded the latest version, but i still don't get folders... but now i have some more files, but no alpha

Last edited:

Mollymutt

Did you enable texture dumping on the plugin? If so you will get the folders mentioned before. You have to add an alpha channel to any texture you edit. This means you have to add a transparent layer to your file.

Nelde

yes, of course i enabled the texture dumping... the main problem isn't to get the textures out from the game, the problem is to get them in!

i have this three textures:
papermarioc41a488d203d30883aci.png
papermario3bfdae23203d30883aci.png
papermario0ce9ed19203d30883aci.png
(PAPER MARIO#C41A488D#2#0#3D30883A_ciByRGBA) (PAPER MARIO#3BFDAE23#2#0#3D30883A_ciByRGBA)( PAPER MARIO#0CE9ED19#2#0#3D30883A_ciByRGBA)

but the minister doesn't change into toadsworth :(
does someone know, what i could do wrong?

j234

You have to resize the pics to be 2x or 4x the original.

This is them all resized to 192x192:

BTW, there is still one more texture you need to do for him.

Last edited: