What's new

Mupen64 0.5 source code

Viper187666

Hi,

I was studding your code and I have anuy doubts.

In n64info, rdram's range is

0x0000 0000 to 0x001F FFFF RDRAM range 0
0x0020 0000 to 0x003F FFFF RDRAM range 1

so, its has 0x400000 bytes.

In memory.c is
unsigned long rdram[0x800000/4];

has it been superdimensioned?

You forgot about the expansion pack, which adds another 4MB for certain games. That's 8MB total, divide by 4 to store in a long array.

Anyone able to mod the Windows source for breakpoints on read/write/execute? I don't need a full blown debugger or anything, just breakpoints.

CyZyco

You forgot about the expansion pack, which adds another 4MB for certain games. That's 8MB total, divide by 4 to store in a long array.

Anyone able to mod the Windows source for breakpoints on read/write/execute? I don't need a full blown debugger or anything, just breakpoints.

Ok.... I'm learning yet :). I got your code and change almost all to learn and rebuild in using OO. My idea is port it to java or python.

CyZyco

Special_int

Can anybody explain me what means the SPECIAL_INT Interrupt?
The interrupt systems seems a simulator event list but I don' t understood.
I change the code to not use malloc to each new interrupt, I believe that increases 1 FPS :).

DarkJezter

mupen64_nogui bug in plugin loading code

Hey all,

In my struggle to get mupen64 up and running with mythgame, I encountered an odd bug where mupen64_nogui refuses to load the plugins specified in either the config file, or from the command line args. Suffice it to say, if I'm running the emulator from mythtv, manually selecting the plugins with interactive mode is hardly an option.

The patch for it is really simple, edit ./mupen64_src-0.5/main/main.c line 232 from:

char plugins[100][100], s[20];

to:

char plugins[101][100], s[20];

Here's the patch file:
Code:
--- main.c.old  2008-01-02 00:56:16.000000000 -0700
+++ main.c      2008-01-02 00:32:27.000000000 -0700
@@ -229,7 +229,7 @@
 int main (int argc, char *argv[])
 {
    char c;
-   char plugins[100][100], s[20];
+   char plugins[101][100], s[20];
    char romfile[PATH_MAX];
    int old_i, i, i1, i2, i3, i4;
    int p, p_fullscreen = 0, p_emumode = 0, p_gfx = 0, p_audio = 0, p_input = 0, p_rsp = 0, p_help = 0, p_error = 0;

P.S. Is this project at all active anymore? Bugs like this lead me to believe this project could do well with a live repository like CVS or SVN, and perhaps a new release including the patches already brought forward by other members of this forum.

Ciao

Last edited:

Richard42

Emulator Developer
P.S. Is this project at all active anymore? Bugs like this lead me to believe this project could do well with a live repository like CVS or SVN, and perhaps a new release including the patches already brought forward by other members of this forum.

Hacktarux hasn't released anything since 2005 so a few months ago I made a branch called mupen64-amd64 and started working on it. I've fixed the bug that you found and several others in the _nogui build. I have an SVN repository set up for this at:

svn://fascination.homelinux.net:7684/mupen64plus/trunk/

The svn login is 'mupen64', and the password is 'Dyson5632-kart'. This account has read-only access to the project. For any developers interested in joining us on this project, drop me a PM and I can set you up with an account with read/write access.

Additionally, I have made 2 source and binary releases of this project, posted here on this forum. It's called mupen64-amd64 because I ported it to build and run natively on 64-bit machines, but it still runs on 32-bit machines as well.

Edit: reflect new project name so people don't keep getting the old versions

Last edited:

Viper187666

I'm still looking for the 0.5.1 source from 2005. Why does 0.5.0 seem to be the last thing posted here?

Also, does anyone know how to get read/write breakpoints to work properly? I tried adding a function call to the SB/SH/SW functions in the pure interpreter file, which sends the interp_addr and address variables to check the address being written and output the current PC. Problem is, the inter_addr it outputs is like 10 instructions off.

Amaroq

Configure doesn't work...

Configure won't work for some reason.

Code:
./configure
Found a working C compiler (gcc).
Checking SDL...
./config.temp: 3: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
*** Couldn't find a working SDL library!

I'm trying to compile 0.5 (from the link at the beginning of this thread) on Ubuntu 8.10, amd64.

EDIT: Never mind, just found about mupen plus. xD

Last edited: